MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just got some BR info from our sales zone manager. I'm relaying some of this because some of you might be in this situation and don't know. I would contact your dealer if you aren't sure if your order falls into this category.

"After the latest roof announcements, we still have a number of orders that are not buildable in WBDO. Currently 41% of our order bank has a compatibility error or is showing on material hold."
Not sure if this is zone specifically or all orders in general.
"Many of these orders have either the Black-Painted Modular Hard Top or Dual Roofs that will not be available for the 21MY. We are requesting that you update and submit these orders, by May 11th...."
"You will need to review every order, regardless of timestamp location, to ensure accuracy. Inaccurate orders will require cancellation - which causes the customer to lose their timestamp, and we will not be able to do this moving forward".
So basically they're pushing back the date again because they don't want to potentially lose 41% of their orders? I guess this makes sense, but jeez...

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So basically they're pushing back the date again because they don't want to potentially lose 41% of their orders? I guess this makes sense, but jeez...
No. They want the dealers to get into WBDO and make sure the order is accurate and buildable based on current commodity constraints so it has a better chance of being in the build window. I hope it's just my region and not nationally because that would be part of the reason someone with an early stamp might have gotten bumped by a later one.

Some dealers are all over it and had things figured out early. Some things changed and we had to go back in (MIC tops) and change things. A good number of my 99 people have an option that is late availability and understand the wait. The communication from my zm is basically, go in, make sure you review and clean up any order issues and verify them with your customers so there is a better chance of getting units previewed next week.

My zm is looking at everyone's orders that have issues and will get with the dealers to fix any of them that need fixing. It's good because Ford is starting to get proactive. Ford controls a lot of the ordering system but they can't do anything if an order was put in wrong. That is where the zm comes in and brings it to the dealer's attention. This is a GOOD thing.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No. They want the dealers to get into WBDO and make sure the order is accurate and buildable based on current commodity constraints so it has a better chance of being in the build window. I hope it's just my region and not nationally because that would be part of the reason someone with an early stamp might have gotten bumped by a later one.

Some dealers are all over it and had things figured out early. Some things changed and we had to go back in (MIC tops) and change things. A good number of my 99 people have an option that is late availability and understand the wait. The communication from my zm is basically, go in, make sure you review and clean up any order issues and verify them with your customers so there is a better chance of getting units previewed next week.

My zm is looking at everyone's orders that have issues and will get with the dealers to fix any of them that need fixing. It's good because Ford is starting to get proactive. Ford controls a lot of the ordering system but they can't do anything if an order was put in wrong. That is where the zm comes in and brings it to the dealer's attention. This is a GOOD thing.
Got it, thanks for the clarification! Devil is always in the details...I'm just glad I don't have to figure this one out.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My point is the dealership should not have mattered. Orders came in sorted by Reservation timestamp. Built in order of full build parts availability and timestamp. Dealership only receives to deliver to buyer. If one dealership got the first 1,000 builds based on timestamp, so be it. Buyers would have understood that because that's the way it was presented.
Yup... Now I could totally understand Ford not putting just 1 bronco on a truck because Reservation #34 was in BFE, but no reason Ford could not have kept it's promise to build FEs , then Reservation Orders (in order) with slight grouping of regions for logistics.

But the moment they did Dealer Allocations to spread the wealth, they broke their promise to us.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup... Now I could totally understand Ford not putting just 1 bronco on a truck because Reservation #34 was in BFE...
Hey, now. Go easy on @AK SNO RIDER. He can't help it if his next-door neighbor is Santa Claus! 🎅 😁

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...."You will need to review every order, regardless of timestamp location, to ensure accuracy. Inaccurate orders will require cancellation - which causes the customer to lose their timestamp, and we will not be able to do this moving forward".
Can you more fully explain what "inaccurate orders" are?

In the prior posts it sounds a lot like a build that used restrained commodities, I'm sure there was an accidental conflating of issues in prior posts.

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the prior posts it sounds a lot like a build that used constrained communities, I'm sure there was an accidental conflating of issues in prior posts.
The answer is more clearly addressed in the previous paragraphs...

"After the latest roof announcements, we still have a number of orders that are not buildable in WBDO. Currently 41% of our order bank has a compatibility error [e.g., MOD top or dual tops] or is showing on material hold [e.g., 2-door, tow package]."

"Many of these orders have either the Black-Painted Modular Hard Top or Dual Roofs that will not be available for the 21MY.”
The bold font and bracketed text were added by me for clarification.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The answer is more clearly addressed in the previous paragraphs...

"After the latest roof announcements, we still have a number of orders that are not buildable in WBDO. Currently 41% of our order bank has a compatibility error [e.g., MOD top or dual tops] or is showing on material hold [e.g., 2-door, tow package]."

The bold font and bracketed text were added by me for clarification.
Exactly, two different issues conflated and sounds like if any order has material hold issues, it should be 22MY or it will be deleted. I am sure this is NOT what the OP is trying to convey.

A build with unavailable options is different than a build with options that are in short supply.

Last edited:
OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the prior posts it sounds a lot like a build that used constrained communities, I'm sure there was an accidental conflating of issues in prior posts.
Inaccurate by my definition is you want a '21, have a priority 19 and a MOD or dual tops. If you want MOD and are willing to wait it needs to be changed to 99 priority and notes be added to that effect. If they are talking about something different then I have NO idea.

If commodity restrictions change, orders may need to be reworked to keep or drop the thing causing the compatibility issue or need to go to 99.

Again, I don't know if this is just my zone or nationally. It's not meant to freak anyone out, just information that is trickling out that can impact the chances of your vehicle showing up as a buildable next time Ford previews.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

seems like the chip shortage was bullshit if the lux package has a massive surplus of parts

or maybe im just reading the chart wrong
Maybe Lux needs the most chips.
Sponsored