JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
its been stated numerous times over the months all reservations will be built before dealer specific stock
But dealers are allowed to sell 20% of converted reservations to people other than the one who reserved. Its a valid reservation, just being sold to someone else.

1st4rd

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To add to this further, the only real problem will be the variance between the planned capacity for an item and the actual demand of that item in customer orders. Meaning, if only 10-15% of orders will have the brush guard, then there's really not a problem. But if 50% ordered Sasquatch, there's going to be an issue if Ford only has capacity for 30-37% of orders to have Sasquatch.

TL;DR: Without knowing all of the info, I wouldn't freak out. To those thinking of canceling their orders, do it if you must, bust most sensible people would wait for their estimated build date in May to at least see where you land.
^^^^^^This^^^^^
My read on the situation as well. Further, if you are a dealer with 100% Squatched builds your orders are not going to get built above the averages that Ford anticipated. It doesn’t mean that x% of a build will only get built. Ford is going to be even handed as much as possible among dealers in the commodity builds. Wild Track is a perfect example- they expected no more than 15%of the country to get them - when demand is higher then that, the problems begin.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, and I guess I missed after being on this forum every day that I could delete that at order? Regardless, it's fine for me, I'm in no hurry, but there are I'm sure a lot of people that planned with lease ends/trade ins/work needing to be done on their cars that it would be crazy but at least some reliance on time stamps.
I just sold my M4 bc soon I had about 4k of work to do on it.

Trying the one car thing for a while but I have a feeling I'm going to have to buy a hold me over car smh

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
its been stated numerous times over the months all reservations will be built before dealer specific stock
I know, and I understand that, the reality of it is, dealerships are going to still get Bronco's that people backed out on!

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is just for the June builds, right? No way Ford is only going to build 20-25% of the 2 doors that were ordered and included in the 30% dealer allotment...or is 20-25% based ALL that were ordered which is why they capped dealers at 30% MY21 to begin with?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is just for the June builds, right? No way Ford is only going to build 20-25% of the 2 doors that were ordered and included in the 30% dealer allotment...or is 20-25% based ALL that were ordered which is why they capped dealers at 30% MY21 to begin with?
I actually came here to ask a similar question.

My thoughts are you're right, this is likely for the first round and these numbers will fluctuate month to month. It would make sense... Some items will get re-stocked, some might run into new constraints, etc. I'm not reading too much into this, as I would anticipate some of these "sins" everyone speaks about likely will be built later on this year so they can source everything (or more than they have now).

Just my 2 cents.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually came here to ask a similar question.

My thoughts are you're right, this is likely for the first round and these numbers will fluctuate month to month. It would make sense... Some items will get re-stocked, some might run into new constraints, etc. I'm not reading too much into this, as I would anticipate some of these "sins" everyone speaks about likely will be built later on this year so they can source everything (or more than they have now).

Just my 2 cents.
Hoping. That 2 door is a scary number at first glance.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

But dealers are allowed to sell 20% of converted reservations to people other than the one who reserved. Its a valid reservation, just being sold to someone else.
I know, and I understand that, the reality of it is, dealerships are going to still get Bronco's that people backed out on!
These late cancelations have no bearing on how quickly our Broncos get made. Yes, it would help us reservation holders move up a slot if people cancel before their truck gets built. But they won't be adding any more trucks to the build schedules other than what has already been reserved.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry if this has been pointed out already, but isn't MIC the only top we're allowed for MY21? And it's listed as a commodity constraint? Does that mean that only that percentage of Broncos allocated will be able to be sold?

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry if this has been pointed out already, but isn't MIC the only top we're allowed for MY21? And it's listed as a commodity constraint? Does that mean that only that percentage of Broncos allocated will be able to be sold?
Yes, yes, and yes. Oh look...the building is on fire.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, you're telling me the brush guard, which I was removing anyway, is the top thing(percentage wise) delaying my build from a 8:05pm first night reservation for an FE, and first at my dealer? Yeah, sounds about right. And I was OK with the Navy Pier, hilarious.

Edit: reminds me why I haven't bought an American made car in 20 years even though I grew up with a dad in the steel industry and I was the outcast.
Badlands... Do it!

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Soft top is available for four doors. Also, my guess is this basically means that hard tops will be a bottleneck for a while - they're only going to get so many each week, so that will cap production of those with hard top orders.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Soft top is available for four doors. Also, my guess is this basically means that hard tops will be a bottleneck for a while - they're only going to get so many each week, so that will cap production of those with hard top orders.
Oh wow when did that happen?

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh wow when did that happen?
When did what happen? Soft top has always been available for 4 doors. Hard tops of all kinds have been a problem, though it sounds like Ford believes enough MIC tops will be produced to meet their needs in 21 - but I'm guessing based on what we know that they will constantly be in short supply and will often bump certain builds back.