Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why cant they just leave the stupid switches, wiring, and hose in the Bronco and slap a soft top on it. I bet a TON of BB, BD, OBX, and BL guys would switch to a soft top in a heart beat. So stupid.
I'm really starting to think that the connections may be at least part of the problem. Because including them for a soft top seems to easy of a solution for them not to do it.

Similar to the tow package...is it that cheap hitch or is it the wiring that is the delay?

So between the actual top, and the connections...they could be running into supply issues for each.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think you're correct, Ford doesn't have a lot of experience with multi-part roof systems, but Webasto seems to have, since it has produced a similar top for the Wrangler for at least a decade now. I'd imagine there was a spiral development process on-going with Ford and Webasto on the Bronco, and at some testing point late in the total Bronco development program has shown a defect in the top design that needs to be addressed. Considering COVID shutdowns has kept millions of people at home for the better part of a year making engineering collaboration difficult, some delay can be expected. All just guesses on my part, but being in an engineering field on the program management side, this is my take on the situation considering the information available to the public to evaluate.

I get it that people on B6G are tired of hearing COVID is the issue, but in reality, it is in most cases.
My career mirrors yours, I've done multiple engineering collaboration efforts with multiple international customers, other than the time difference, it's really not that hard.

Ford can't figure it out with everyone living in the same or nearby cities?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
a defect in the top design that needs to be addressed.
more good intuitive thinking on your part. But if correct, Ford may be making top modifications on the fly, sans benefit of field testing. Ford engineering & management had to be totally asleep at the wheel to get in this situation. Covid just makes an already F'd-up situation even worse

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Spent ten minutes ordering a Rubicon. Should be delivered, exactly as ordered, in eight weeks.
I struggle with the engine choices. To me they all suck. I would be hard pressed to get the 2.3 in my Bronco let alone a 2.0 in a Rubicon, yet that is supposed to be a better engine than the tried and true (but old) 3.6. which leaves the expensive diesel option with it's costly maintenance.

So which engine did you get and why?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My career mirrors yours, I've done multiple engineering collaboration efforts with multiple international customers, other than the time difference, it's really not that hard.

Ford can't figure it out with everyone living in the same or nearby cities?
Good question. Tough to say. It seems Michigan had some serious lockdown rules. If I'm Ford, never again am I doing a cyber launch of a vehicle. Development of automobiles is not like writing script for a an iPhone app...

Even Tesla's cyber launch of the Model 3 had lots of issues. The Model 3 was at least 18-months late to production, and then the fit and finish problems once it was in production are legendary. I've ridden in a Model 3, none of the other manufacturers would get away with the unfinished quality the Model 3 has. You can tell it was rushed in development to get to production. All in a pandemic-free world at the time...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good question. Tough to say. It seems Michigan had some serious lockdown rules. If I'm Ford, never again am I doing a cyber launch of a vehicle. Development of automobiles is not like writing script for a an iPhone app...
Tune in Wednesday night at 9:30 PM for the launch of the F-150 Lightning. ;)

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I work on aircraft systems, a little more challenging than apps.

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ok Ford..... removed hardtop and tow pkg with a 7/29 reservation. No more excuse, please build it tomorrow lol

17B3AF09-1993-4A3D-8F43-D2B50DE11818.gif

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, I meant the trailer tow package includes those items… it certainly includes the harness, and there is also an interface module the trailer brake control plugs directly into…

It’s not clear whether it is only present when optioning the tow package, but the plug-and-play brake control states it requires the tow package, so it was assumed this was the case.
The light harness is all I need, they didnt used to put brake controllers on a vehicle that only tows 3500 pounds. In the old days, electric brakes could be wired to the brake light circuit. But i understand some off-roaders will tow small trailers off-road, and want the electric brake harness capability, instead of just lights, and Ford is serious about making a versatile ORV.

I'm mostly getting the tow package for my bike rack, and perhaps a small trailer for a Home Depot trip. But my OBX is scheduled for July 5 production, and I have 2.7, Tow, standard suspension, rear locker.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Please stop posting every bit of meaningless mumbo jumbo that is just distracting and truly answers nothing. Tomorrow there will be more crap that does nothing to inform anyone when they might see a Bronco. And about the millions Ford is investing, let’s see...a couple hundred thousand reservations at $100 apiece=millions in interest free loans to Ford from all of us. You’re welcome.
Hi, you must be new here. 😂