Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How do you interpret the line from the email that says, "We now have to produce more soft tops than planned and we won't be able to soley produce customer orders, as hoped.”

Am I reading between the lines too much, or is Ford saying to us that they will now be making Broncos for the dealer lots to sell since they have a surplus of soft tops unless most of us switch our orders soon to softies because that what makes the most business sense for them so they can actually build and sell Broncos fast rather than sitting on parts?
Sponsored

Last edited:

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, that's what they are saying. Their dealerships are starving for cars. There is a hierarchy and you are at the bottom.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How do you interpret the line from the email that says, "We now have to produce more soft tops than planned and we won't be able to soley produce customer orders, as hoped."

Am I reading between the lines too much, or is Ford saying to us that they will now be making Broncos for the dealer lots to sell since they have a surplus of soft tops unless most of us switch our orders soon to softies because that what makes the most business sense for them so they can actually build and sell Broncos fast rather than sitting on parts?
Straight from the horse's mouth.

Prepare for a summer of envy: Your neighbors may be showing off their Broncos long before you get yours. Ford is not able to produce orders solely for customers in ’21. Some stock with soft tops will be sent to dealers, making it easy for the general public to pick up a Bronco.

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes. Unless a shit ton of people switch to the soft top now that there is a prep package and use up all of the extra bodies that there aren’t enough MIC tops for... then yes there will be Broncos on dealer lots that have soft tops

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How do you interpret the line from the email that says, "We now have to produce more soft tops than planned and we won't be able to soley produce customer orders, as hoped."

That is exactly what Ford is saying and what Ford is going to do! Those of us that had Day 1 or Day 2 reservations that have patiently been waiting for our Broncos, and I use the word patiently while biting my tongue, will now, unless we want to receive a soft top will now watch dealers receive Broncos with soft tops to sell to any Johnny Come Lately walking in off the street with no reservation!

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

They are saying that...a dealer may have open allocations that can only be filled with soft tops, and not have any soft tops ordered....in that case Ford will fill their MY21 allocation with dealer stock units that are buildable.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, that's what they are saying. Their dealerships are starving for cars. There is a hierarchy and you are at the bottom.
I have a visualization that might help. Envision a totem pole with six faces carved in it. Go all the way to the bottom to the one that is scuffed up from being accidently kicked and soaked in rain water and dog pee. Now dig down a foot in the mud to uncover the buried face under it. That is where we are in the hierarchy.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any chance that a third party company comes out with a hard top? May be a dumb question, but I’m seriously considering a soft top with pre-wire kit. I have a baby on the way in December and want a safer ride than the Impala I’m currently driving. Anyway, hope we all strike it big and get build dates with what we want soon.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a visualization that might help. Envision a totem pole with six faces carved in it. Go all the way to the bottom to the one that is scuffed up from being accidently kicked and soaked in rain water and dog pee. Now dig down a foot in the mud to uncover the buried face under it. That is where we are in the hierarchy.
Businesses are like a tree full of monkeys. Those at the top look down and see a bunch of smiling faces. Those at the bottom look up and see a bunch of a**holes.

Silver&Black_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Sherief
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC (2010), '21 Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I assume you are a barbarian who uses the white background since no one who is a cultured and sophisticated member of society with dark mode enabled can read purple and black font.
Preach.......couldn't agree more!
OP needs to take notes on this one.

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But it's only MoaRdoors, so no big dealio
:ROFLMAO:
I see some people saying they are focusing mic top production on 2-doors since 2-door folks have no other options, and others saying 2-doors are screwed. I’d like to know which is true.

(also, is this a bad time to mention I already got my window sticker for the rubicon gladiator, after ordering on the 9th? lmao)
Sponsored