Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm leaning towards 2Dr being screwed assuming both tops are running off the same lines at Webasto. When you have a struggling production line you avoid changing over from one variant (2dr to 4dr) as much as possible to capitalize on when things are running well.
Sponsored

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I truly think this is all a margin play by Ford. Now they get the best of both worlds. They have people locked in with orders or non refundable deposits to keep their cars moving and can now produce cars for dealers that will go at higher margins. I think they know they are losing money on Broncos because many of us locked in at prices before materials made car prices jump 20%. To save face they use the hardtop issue to delay many of our orders and then start producing inventory for dealers. They get high margin, still have backlog to produce should dealer sales stall and can blame it all on hard tops. I think they turned a crisis into an opportunity all at the cost of their most loyal enthusiasts, and I don’t think they care.

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 doors are a higher profit margin than 2 doors. That is literally ALL you need to know.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I see some people saying they are focusing mic top production on 2-doors since 2-door folks have no other options, and others saying 2-doors are screwed. I’d like to know which is true.

(also, is this a bad time to mention I already got my window sticker for the rubicon gladiator, after ordering on the 9th? lmao)
CONGRATS!

If nothing falls apart, I will have a very well maintained, low miles and ready to rock crawl Rubicon in July.

So I can wait. I still want and will get my Bronco, but this means I will be treating it much nicer than originally anticipated.
:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think Ford has any intention of stopping the reservation/order process on Bronco/Mach E/F150 Lightning. Newcomers to the brand like it and they've had like 500,000 reservations placed that way. That process would make it impossible to only fill all reservations before dealers get units.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, that's what they are saying. Their dealerships are starving for cars. There is a hierarchy and you are at the bottom.
So are you saying Ford is doing this intentionally to make more money?

And they’re doing that by doing a price freeze on the most customized and highest profit margin Broncos?

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

How do you interpret the line from the email that says, "We now have to produce more soft tops than planned and we won't be able to soley produce customer orders, as hoped."

Am I reading between the lines too much, or is Ford saying to us that they will now be making Broncos for the dealer lots to sell
You don't need to read between the lines on that. You nailed it.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remember when Ford said that all reservation orders would be filled before dealers could sell the new Bronco? Yeah…me neither.
Wait. Ford said something then changed their mind? Impossible

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You don't have to read between the lines. That's exactly what the statement says.

Sponsored
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150,mustang gt conv, e250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What a surprise Ford is going to screw us, should have known, the dealers are screaming because they can sell these things for 10 to 20 over sticker and sell them all day while all us saps that ordered and put in deposits are sucking wind. I should have known I had a Ford dealership do this to me with the new Mustang in 2005 I ordered the Mustang GT put down a deposit got a price and then when it came because there was a convertible they wanted an extra $15,000 even though they'd already given me a price and said I can get it from any dealer in the country right now so this is exactly the kind of behavior I expected from Ford.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Straight from the horse's mouth.

Prepare for a summer of envy: Your neighbors may be showing off their Broncos long before you get yours. Ford is not able to produce orders solely for customers in ’21. Some stock with soft tops will be sent to dealers, making it easy for the general public to pick up a Bronco.
At least I can take solace in the fact that they will have paid 50% over MSRP to the stealership.

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I can get a Bronco, I just have to change to a soft top.... oh wait, I ordered a WildTrak.... and I cant get a soft top on a Wildtrak. So I can get a Bronco, I just have to change to a different trim level and select a soft top. But if I really want a Bronco... I should probably also switch from a 2.7, Lux, Tow Package, Bull Bar, Leather.... So I can get a Bronco.... If I do all of that... or if I just walk into my local mega dealer in a month and buy a Big Bend 4-door with soft top and 2.3L right off the lot. So what in the F$&% have I been doing waiting around for the last year!!!!! Ok, hand me my beer back.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So are you saying Ford is doing this intentionally to make more money?

And they’re doing that by doing a price freeze on the most customized and highest profit margin Broncos?
Not sure I understand the question. I don't think they're intentionally delaying customer-builds. I think they are intentionally building what they can and selling them to make money.

They're not going to sit on parts, waiting for a specific customer build configuration. They'll build what they can and sell them when they can.
Sponsored