First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Best ones to start with? In particular 2dr reviews?
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it’s weird they’re not allowed to release the review until a specific date/time. Almost like their reviews were proof read by Ford then approved with changes. I want the truth wether it’s good or bad. I just wanna know the 0-60 times their achieving. It matters to me as my wife will be daily driving it and she likes to drag race.
jalopnik review straight up says their not sure if on road manners are as good in the bronco compared to jeep….

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

"The only real disappointment I had in my two days with the Bronco was that no matter which model I was in, the wireless charging pad overheated my iPhone XS to the point that it needed to slow down to cool off. A literal hot potato to the touch, all for a few ticks of battery percentage.

But hey, there are always the old-school charging ports."

I've heard of this same issue from someone who drives these things alot, maybe a pre-prod issue not sure yet.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is it strange that I want to test drive before converting?
You should be able to and I deff would. A Ford rep told me that if I don’t want it after I drove it, that I could walk away. I might lose my $100 but oh well.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
jalopnik review straight up says their not sure if on road manners are as good in the bronco compared to jeep….
The admin nicks review he said it drives great. I’m assuming he has experience with the wrangler because he said it doesn’t sway and goes where you point it. With IFS it has to drive better than a wrangler. If it doesn’t Ford seriously fucked up.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wow, motor week said the sasquatch package was the most comfortable highway ride! I figured people would prefer the more firm suspension on the pavement. 1:06 mark in the video.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
"The only real disappointment I had in my two days with the Bronco was that no matter which model I was in, the wireless charging pad overheated my iPhone XS to the point that it needed to slow down to cool off. A literal hot potato to the touch, all for a few ticks of battery percentage.

But hey, there are always the old-school charging ports."

I've heard of this same issue from someone who drives these things alot, maybe a pre-prod issue not sure yet.
My worry is the 12 inch screen with the top off. Back in the day I custom made an iPad mount (it looked factory) for my JKUR.The sun would cook it so fast, I’d have to remove it and use the factory radio. I can imagine the sun at 90-100degrees effecting the LCD screen.

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it’s weird they’re not allowed to release the review until a specific date/time. Almost like their reviews were proof read by Ford then approved with changes. I want the truth wether it’s good or bad. I just wanna know the 0-60 times their achieving. It matters to me as my wife will be daily driving it and she likes to drag race.
this is pretty standard practice. I promise you Ford did not need to approve any of these opinions or reviews. They invite all members of the press and influencers online to review the bronco at the same time and then they embargo the reviews so everyone can post a review at the exact same time so there’s no concern about giving anyone an exclusive.

when you start seeing exclusive reviews is when you should be worried. Because more often than not a manufacturer will only grant an exclusive to somebody that’s going to praise the product unconditionally.

Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My worry is the 12 inch screen with the top off. Back in the day I custom made an iPad mount (it looked factory) for my JKUR.The sun would cook it so fast, I’d have to remove it and use the factory radio. I can imagine the sun at 90-100degrees effecting the LCD screen.
Ipads aren't made to withstand the heat. I can't find it at the moment but I read a great article about all the issues Tesla had with their screens because Elon Musk opted to go with some type of industrial screen as opposed to a screen made specifically for automotive use

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks