Sponsored

Talk about Bronco price gouging 😱 [Update: vehicle is demo unit not for sale yet]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That is absolutely awful and not surprising after all the dealers got their way and a bunch of stock Broncos before all the reservations.
This hasn't happened, isn't happening, and will only happen if commodity constraints cause MAP to run out of buildable units. They started building these in mid-March, 3 and a half months ago, and a single dealer stock unit has yet to be built.
Sponsored

Uintafly

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ADM of $20,000 and charging another $500 to process all of that extra cash. Costs money to count money you know....

😒
I remember reading that during the height of his empire, Pablo Escobar was spending $2,500/month on rubber bands to wrap his cash....

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let them do it! There is always a an idiot sucker out there that will pay it...
And if they do they might just be the dumbest of the dumb...

JZZ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I unfortunately I live 50 minutes from Baltimore and you can bet on it that it will be sold within a week as there are to many people with to much money and no common sense

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This hasn't happened, isn't happening, and will only happen if commodity constraints cause MAP to run out of buildable units. They started building these in mid-March, 3 and a half months ago, and a single dealer stock unit has yet to be built.
How are these dealers getting these broncos, or do they not actually have possession of them? Thanks.

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

America is still capitalistic, no? If you're too rich or lazy to find deals then you pay markup. Nothing wrong with that, unless this is a situation with an employee reserving a unit for the dealer then getting the priority slot, which is pretty dirty.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

what makes them an idiot or a sucker? a two week vacation to Hawaii can easily cost $20k. Is paying that much extra for a vehicle you really want, and skipping the 2 year wait, worth it? hell yeah it might be.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll bet they took a cancelled reservation, hijacked it and made it one of their priority builds, or it was reserved by them and given a priority build...

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

what makes them an idiot or a sucker? a two week vacation to Hawaii can easily cost $20k. $20k might be 1 months salary or a bonus chexk. Is paying that much extra for a vehicle you really want, and skipping the 2 year wait, worth $20k? hell yeah it might be.

Sponsored

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How are these dealers getting these broncos, or do they not actually have possession of them? Thanks.
Every order produced so far would either be an internal program order (Ford company, press cars, influencers), Dealer Demo units that cannot be sold yet, or customer orders.

The ones we see for sale at dealers are most likely from situations where the customer backed out, a customer is flipping it and splitting profit with the dealer, or the dealer demo is being "sold" but cannot be delivered yet.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so just because it's a Bronco, American Capitalism is now a bad thing?
It's their car, they can set it on fire or sell it for a million or do what ever else they want with it. And they got it how ever they got it, I doubt they stole it.

Somebody with money wants to be the first on the block with the new Bronco they will. So what? There are lots of people to whom 20k is like $20 to me. I'd sure not think twice about $20 if it's just a bit over list for something I really want today. Why should they?
And why should a dealer (of anything) sell it for less than they can get? I sure wouldn't, would you?

I don't get the outrage over silly things like this.

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll bet they took a cancelled reservation, hijacked it and made it one of their priority builds, or it was reserved by them and given a priority build...
I bet they had employees or their significant other order a bunch just to cancel upon arrival to add a mark up.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where do I make the check out to? Not having to deal with Ford any longer might be worth the 20K

Status
Not open for further replies.