First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT, 1969 F100 4x4, 1969 Mustang Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had bad experiences with Fremont Ford well before the Bronco. Ended up buying a 2006 and my current 2014 Mustang GT from San Leandro after Fremont tried a bait and switch with $4k additional ADM on an advertised price in a newspaper sales ad.
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, I handpicked Fremont Ford after a few excellent service department experiences there. my order was placed on 3/19/2021 with Michael pollum (prev GM?) after never receiving an update about turning reservation into a order I took matters into my own hand and contacted them. Once He received it, never heard back from Fremont Ford again only updates I received were from FordMoCo themselves. I would regularly call to ask about pricing once I heard about rumored ADM, would constantly receive ā€œnothing to worry about, youā€™re vehicle needs to arrive firstā€. I even called in to update my order and add tow package, was not notified about ADM then either. Bronco arrived 12/24 the day I left town for a couple days for holiday, FINALLY they initiated contact with Robert the salesguy, he even sent me some pictures. NOTE. He excluded the aftermarket price in the pictures, have pics with proof. When I arrived 12/28 to purchase we went on a quick test drive for about 3 mins then they said they werenā€™t going to let it go for anything under 66k (15K ADM, MSRP IS 51K), they also noted that I was lucky they didnā€™t sell it while I was gone, we allegedly have 24 hours to purchase. Got them to lower it to 8K over MSRP but still way too much. Sat outside while I contacted Mike Levine, and ABBAS ā€œsales managerā€ came outside came to offer water and then told me at this time the GM wouldnā€™t ever sell it to me anymore because I wonā€™t agree to the price. Still currently sitting at the dealer. Nuke Fremont Ford (Fremont CA)

Update: while I sat outside the sales manager came up and said they would never do business with me again (because I contacted this forum and Mike Levine) and handed me my refund for my deposit.

Attn. ROBERT ā€œSALESā€, ABBAS ā€œSALES MANAGERā€ & TOO BUSY FOR YOU ā€œGMā€

FREMONT FORD
39700 Balentine Dr
Newark, CA 94560
United States

They couldnā€™t handle the truth anymore, so they started removing the bad google reviews

F160A0CB-B9E0-4667-8B7E-687975830591.jpeg

5FD35B07-EC98-4AD9-A410-AB4FC506C682.jpeg

CA773936-2A20-4D85-BC5D-04C476F2AA33.jpeg

UPDATE

0C86305B-D368-48F8-9191-FAA757DD68CC.png
I hope someone is keeping a list to publish of Ford dealers to never use again. If Ford is serious about encouraging special ordering vehicles as a new sales model, the whole Idea is useless and fraudulent if the customer has the price changed when the car arrives. I've also never had a dealer that didn't honor their word.

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First off I don't work for them, just a customer and with all the discussions going on about ADM wanted to post.

The Ford Store Mogan Hill from what I understand is the largest volume dealer in the Bay Area. They have four Broncos listed with this statement,

"TFSMH prides itself on transparent pricing below MSRP. Simply click our Get Bottom-Line Sale Price Quote button to learn more about how we do business and receive our bottom-line sale price!"

The MSRP price shown has line through it. They show only stock orders not like some dealers that show the reservation orders also.

The Ford Store Morgan Hill was fast and easy. I locked in my price last year in writing. The price was 450.00 over invoice which was about 1,400.00 under MSRP. I had my reservation at Downtown Ford in my home town of Sacramento and there pricing was fair at straight MSRP, but I happened to see an add on my cell phone when I was in Morgan Hill last year and called them, changed my order to them once I found out the pricing. When I went to pick the Bronco up I was done in less than hour no BS at all. Call and ask for Carlos Fernandez, Sales Consultant, The Ford Store Morgan Hill (408)782-8201.

Hope this helps.

ayacht

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Expedition, F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It is sad that a few bad dealers are spoiling it for the entire Brand and the ne Bronco line. Ford should do as others and send out a edict about any price gouging and markup over MSRP. They should force the dealers into compliance or pull the dealership from ones that do this. It is simple. They should change it to MRP and drop the suggested which keeps them out of legal hot water on these bad dealers. Ford needs to step up and be a good example here. We other EV models going dealership less you would think these dealers would want to make a loyal customer base. We are lucky here in Central MA to have 2 honest dealers that do not do this both Acton and Townsend Fords have been exceptional. You will pay MSRP but that is allowing them to keep the lights on and feed their families.

Sponsored

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you have a signed price agreement (not the WBDO print out, but an actual price agreement)? Otherwise, this one is unfortunately on you.

Dealer is still sleazy.......
So which dealer is agreeing, willing and signing to MSRP pricing?

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Reviews right.
You know, after reading the forum, I went ahead n checked the reviews on the Ford dealer here in Southern California that I will be/should be getting my bronco from and it is sad to say that 8/10 were negative. It sure does not give me a good fuzzy feeling, so now I'm wondering how to go about changing dealers... šŸ˜¬ I've been waiting so long that I sure don't want to start all over again tough... shit!

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Exactly! Ford even stated to have a signed purchase agreement when ordering, yet we see this over and over again.

I don't understand why anyone would not want to have a signed purchase agreement when ordering. A signed purchase agreement eliminates the stress and drama for all buyers.

The process I went through: I shopped around for dealers for the best price before I made a reservation. The dealer with the best price (Invoice w/no dealer fees) got my reservation. I have a signed purchase agreement and zero stress.
We should not require a Damm signed purchase agreement! When we make comments like this, we are just lighting the fire for the dealers as they also read these comments we are making... šŸ˜¬

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am an attorney also, and maybe what they stated is accurate in the country or state they live in. It is not accurate in my location.

I agree. I think it's a terrible business model. If I were a manufacturer, I'd do whatever I could to eliminate that type of behavior. Unfortunately, Ford does not feel that way. Regardless of what they say, they really do not care much about the end purchaser of their products. We're just numbers, statistics, and profits to them.

Sure, they make grandiose displays of "caring" at times, but it's just for appearances.
You're right, Ford don't care 'cause that bronco has already being purchased by the dealer so they got their money, and whatever happens after that becomes an issue between you and the dealers faith..

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is unbelievable that this shit happens. The original post wasn't all that clear, as others have suggested maybe the OP should update / clarify, so I will pose as a question: is this what happened??

1) 94Becerra made a reservation with Ford Motor Company which cost him $100 (he's the reservation holder).
2) His reservation was assigned (by Ford) to Fremont Ford of Newark, CA.
3) His res was converted to an order 3/19 (of 2021?).
4) His expectation was that on delivery he would pay MSRP (based on anything stated or in writing from dealership?).

So in this case, and unfortunately many others, is this what is happening?

1) Fremont Ford of Newark, CA (and others as noted on B6G) used his reservation as a way to essentially get a Bronco early which they could mark up and sell as their own, ignoring the customer's reservation?
2) In other words, Fremont Ford of Newark, CA gamed the Ford Motor Co Bronco Reservation System as a means to jump ahead of Dealer Stock orders??!!!

Contract or not, whether in a court of law, or in the court of public opinion, how can this be anything other than a blatant case of bait and switch?

Assuming all true, then Fremont Ford of Newark, CA and their ilk should be blacklisted, hands down, no question, full stop.

BUT, its really astounding that Ford Motor Company allows this practice to persist. The reservation system was a marketing tool designed and implemented by Ford Motor Company, not by the dealers, as a means to generate interest and draw in customers. Despite all the negative feedback, the system actually works, as evidenced by the fact that as far as Ford Motor Company is concerned, reservation holders still take priority over dealer stock orders. BUT, instead of the system putting specific customer builds in the hands of the customers who made the reservation then converted to order as designed / as intended, instead are they in fact turning a blind eye to these practices?? Almost makes them an accomplice and enabler of these greed - driven dealers, and in any case, reflects badly on them as an otherwise respected manufacturer.
They are accomplices otherwise dealers would not exists.

Sponsored

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Coupla thoughts.

(1) Random people at a dealership will say any old thing that pops into your head. They seem especially fond of making legal conclusions. I'd be the last person to say that only a member of the bar can state a legal conclusion (and I am one), but a person at least should have some familiarity with the law before stating a legal conclusion.

(2) I've heard plenty of them. "You have to agree to an arbitration clause - state law requires it!" "We are legally required to keep cars in our inventory in our ads even though they're already committed until they're actually delivered - state law requires it!" "You have to take the enhanced alarm system - the lack of state law enforcement requires it!" So this is one more: "We can't have a binding contract until we have a VIN - state law forbids it!"

(3) All of this stuff is nonsense. Sure, there are state law requirements as to what must be in a contract, depending on what the item being sold is there can be lots of requirements or none. But two contracting parties can agree to a binding contract for a car in many ways, and no VIN is required if the car is otherwise described specifically enough.

(4) You can bet your ass that if we weren't talking about a hot item like a Bronco, but instead some dog of a car that nobody wanted, they'd be telling you "Hey man, you have to take this thing - you signed a binding DORA!"

(5) How can Ford let this go on? Well, keep in mind that the relationship between Ford and its dealers is extremely long and complex. There is much that Ford could be aggrieved about, and plenty that dealers could be aggrieved about. And Ford can discipline one or two rogue dealers, but it can't very well go to war with its entire dealer network. That would be suicide. If you could buy a GM a drink, he'd have plenty of stories about all the things Ford supposedly has done that take a chunk out of his hide, and he'd likely feel a moral justification to get margin anywhere he can to help his business survive - including ADMs on the occasional super hot vehicle that comes along.

(6) Are dealers the bane of Ford's existence? Well, Ford (and the other legacy car makers, I'm not singling out Ford here) have stuck with the dealer model in the US, despite being eager to be seen as "modernizing" in numerous other ways. When Tesla arrived and wanted to sell direct to customers rather than going through a dealer network, the car makers helped the dealers to litigate and lobby to fight off this threat. Tesla eventually had to close its physical "stores" in numerous, if not most, states. So maybe Ford feels hard done by by its dealers, and maybe it's trying to portray itself as a tech company turning to EVs, but there are no signs that its going to change its retail sales model.

(7) Yet. There's no doubt there must be people in Dearborn who understand the whole Bronco launch did not go well, and not just because of lockdown-caused supply chain issues. There was talk of Bronco being more than a car, but being a new "brand" within Ford. At this point, that kind of talk is just that, talk. But maybe it will portend an attempt to do a Lexus or an Infiniti, and establish a new retail sales model separate from the old one. There is a new sheriff in town, after all. But I think on the basis of the current evidence you'd have to consider that a long shot.
I just read that according to BBB dealers usually are ahead by 10 to 15% of the MSRP. So they are already making money.

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You know, after reading the forum, I went ahead n checked the reviews on the Ford dealer here in Southern California that I will be/should be getting my bronco from and it is sad to say that 8/10 were negative. It sure does not give me a good fuzzy feeling, so now I'm wondering how to go about changing dealers... šŸ˜¬ I've been waiting so long that I sure don't want to start all over again tough... shit!
What dealer?

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We should not require a Damm signed purchase agreement! When we make comments like this, we are just lighting the fire for the dealers as they also read these comments we are making... šŸ˜¬
A signed purchase agreement protects us, the customers. That's the only reason why I bring it up.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
A signed purchase agreement protects us, the customers. That's the only reason why I bring it up.
It would also probably help some of these folks, to bring along a knowledgeable friend/relative, next time when buying a new car. That type of person would be clued in on unambiguously locking down the agreed price when ordering.