Sponsored

Will Enough Customers Switch to Soft Tops?

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A few percent I suspect. Not without some sort of at least estimate of what the hard top would cost later.

Soft top orders were around 10% of all orders.

I really don't understand why people care about the wiring. I've never even had a car with a rear wiper before, and have no intention of ever using it.
Arizona... no rain, no mud, no snow, no rear wiper. The rest of the USA does need it, does use it. If you sell yours later, maybe someone from Arizona will want it.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Arizona... no rain, no mud, no snow, no rear wiper. The rest of the USA does need it, does use it.
Never used one when I lived in California either. I learned to drive pulling my Dad's boat trailer, I often forget to even use my rearview mirror. You side mirrors see behind you better anyway.

Was driving the wife's Expedition last week, and some idiot in an MG thought it was a good idea to draft behind me. Couldn't even see him in the RW mirror, but could see him just fine with the side mirrors.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ya ,I know that squatch is delaying a ton but that's the thing I really don't want to budge on...
i hear ya...but a BL is Squatched basically, and you are literally only missing the 35" tires (well on those lovely wide fender flares)...or was there more to Sas for BL.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i hear ya...but a BL is Squatched basically, and you are literally only missing the 35" tires (well on those lovely wide fender flares)...or was there more to Sas for BL.
A bit of extra lift, and taller 4.70 gearing is also included with Sasquatch over Badlands.

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never used one when I lived in California either. I learned to drive pulling my Dad's boat trailer, I often forget to even use my rearview mirror. You side mirrors see behind you better anyway.

Was driving the wife's Expedition last week, and some idiot in an MG thought it was a good idea to draft behind me. Couldn't even see him in the RW mirror, but could see him just fine with the side mirrors.
I've spent 90% of my time behind the wheel in either a beer truck or a beer cargo van with a partition between the cab and the back. I'm conditioned to not even use the rear view, just the sides. Don't even get me started on spot mirrors and blind spots! Lol

Sponsored

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A few percent I suspect. Not without some sort of at least estimate of what the hard top would cost later.

Soft top orders were around 10% of all orders.

I really don't understand why people care about the wiring. I've never even had a car with a rear wiper before, and have no intention of ever using it
I got a FJ Cruiser since 2010 and used like twice just to see if works. I find it useless here in the south . Maybe they used it up north for the snow.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just saw this on a dealer website. Looks like they may start offering soft tops with the Wildtrak. Not sure if it’s just on the demos or available to retail orders as well?

76EC6A34-1BC2-4E8A-AF4C-8ED8D56E64A5.jpeg
DCBEAA40-5EE0-4E57-BBF8-5E8124B214FD.jpeg
If Ford went this route, would a WT owner lose the $1000 ( 200k Ford Pass points ) by taking a soft top option ?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
The decision to switch to softop or not reminds me of 'the Prisoner's Dilemma' and although the game is different, it is a form of... Game Theory

The more people switch to softtops, the better chance those that don't get a MY21 w/hardtop. The fact that many people are switching tells me the best strategy is to NOT SWITCH!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A bit of extra lift, and taller 4.70 gearing is also included with Sasquatch over Badlands.
Ah I forgot about the gearing. I thought that you could select that as a free option for a BL... either way, having to switch trims just to get a soft top in hopes of winning the lotto is such BS.

Sponsored

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did it. Hoping it breaks the logjam.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think it’s about customers just switching to hard tops. The 2.7 and locking front differential are in tight commodity for the rest of ‘21. If a bunch of badlands and Sasquatch switch to soft tops, it won’t be dramatically better for hard tops because the other parts aren’t there.

Mr_Scoutmaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands / '22 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I switched. I am here in Austin and the weather is pretty good most of the year (minus Snowpocalypse 2021) and I figure I will really want that top down most of the time. Especially since they are installing the plumbing and wiring, I could get an aftermarket mod top most likely in late '22. I am happy to switch if it helps some of you northerners as well - I grew up in NE Ohio. Winter there - no thx :)

azbittel

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach E - Premium - AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m switching on Tuesday… had to switch trims as well since I was originally a Wildtrak. I really wanted the painted Mod Top so didn’t feel like waiting to 2022 just get the MIC. Figure I will drive the soft top for a year and then order either a black or color match top when they become available.
We went from WT to Obx/Sas to get the soft top. Was enough in savings to add the high pkg as well. Took <24hrs to get a VIN after our dealer submitted the change. Ymmv

Wookiee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm curious how many people are interested in taking Ford up on their 'free hardtop prep kit" offer and getting soft tops now. I wonder if enough people will switch that Ford will be producing only customer pre-orders.

It's basically like ordering the dual top and paying for the hard top portion at a later date, isn't it?
The wife wants to stay with the MIC top. Just on principal alone, she’s ordering a 50k+ vehicle she wants what she wants…LOL. Also, the dealer flat out told me that switching will cost more money in the long run if switching to the soft top than ordering a hard top whenever they actually become available as something to order that isn’t actually destined to o be used on an existing build. Just my .02 Why should I spend even more money because of Ford’s ineptitude and inability to figure out a simple supply and demand problem covered in Econ 101🤔
Sponsored