Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco, 21 Bronco Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lots of people asking about their builds being "stuck" in the "in production" phase on the tracker.

The tracker just isn't be updated to reflect shipping status until long after the fact. In the vast majority of cases, your builds have been released to shipment and are on the way.

Your dealer will have a "pre arrival notice" that isn't connected to the public-facing tracker system in any way, so they can give you a better answer.
Just received email from my dealer. Last update is Produced on 7-1. Still patiently waiting. LOL
Sponsored

JTsGarage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive heard so many people talking about how great of a design this roof is and how it’s hard to build. It looks like a direct rip off of the new Wranglers roof design. I sat in a 4XE on Thursday and everything is identical.
LOL, man you can't say stuff like that on this forum. But you're right. Jeep's been doing the removable front "T top" panels with the identical latches for years. The removable middle section on the Bronco is the main difference. Honestly I prefer Jeep's design where the back is just one whole piece you take off. Or, get the soft top because it's more fun/less work anyway. Don't like the wind noise? Turn up the radio. You'll get used to it.

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not to be THAT guy, but I just wanted to point out that there's actually 10 screws for the rear section and not 6. There's 4 per side on the interior and 1 on top on each side.
Ford Bronco Delivered MIC Hardtop Roof: Close-up Pics of Exterior, Interior Finishes IMG_20210710_000041_521

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I own a yeti cooler and 2 pelican coolers. Just in case you are not aware … these high end coolers are tanks and very insulated. I wonder if the same technology could be use to build the bronco tops. Essentially they are molded in coolers and you can have whatever color you want as in you can have white.
Leave that cooler out in the elements for 10 years and see what it looks like then.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, man you can't say stuff like that on this forum. But you're right. Jeep's been doing the removable front "T top" panels with the identical latches for years. The removable middle section on the Bronco is the main difference. Honestly I prefer Jeep's design where the back is just one whole piece you take off. Or, get the soft top because it's more fun anyway.
I respect everyone's opinion, but having the top configurable for front and or rear , plus making the individual pieces lighter and smaller makes it easier to remove and replace and easier to store. It may not be super innovative, but in my case, it makes it better in form, function and ease of use. The open top is awesome and noticeable, particularly to passengers as a bonus.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, that isn't whats being reported here... but there have been some delivered how I would call... unacceptable.
He talks about his top early in the video.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...eo-broken-goat-mode-during-off-roading.19196/
Yes, that isn't whats being reported here... but there have been some delivered how I would call... unacceptable.
He talks about his top early in the video.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...eo-broken-goat-mode-during-off-roading.19196/
Good point, I just watched that video. It sounded to me like he was saying he would be pissed if he waited for a new top and it showed up like this, but he was okay with it because he got it when he did. Something is confusing here, maybe he agreed to a bad top to get it earlier? Anyway the overall review is pretty good. I like the part how solid the Bronco feels.

Lawdawg55

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat Redeye
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Obviously the shitshow that is Webasto's production of Molded-in-Color hardtops for Bronco has caused issues throughout the last year, and now seeing dozens of Broncos parked outside of MAP with "Bad Roof" chalked on their windows isn't helping matters.

With 2 weeks under my belt on my 2021 Big Bend 4-door with MIC, I was asked to share photos and impressions of one of the "good" tops.

To start, it's important to understand that this isn't simply a single-piece molded roof. Each panel has 3 structural components: A thick, textured outer laminate piece, a thin, inner laminate piece, and a core of honeycomb to balance strength and weight.

The exterior of my roof is uniform in both color and texture. All edges are smooth and consistent. The "bad" units appear to suffer inconsistencies in color and texture of the exterior finish, with edges that are jagged and in some cases showing early signs of delamination. The interior is about what I expected from similar composite roof shells. It has an okay finish but is obviously not designed to look as polished as the exterior. There is some variance in color, and in broader flat sections of the roof the shape of the honeycomb structure is visible. I suspect that the inclusion of the free headliner was to cover these inconsistencies. Not necessarily quality issues, as that is the design of this type of roof, but to provide a more polished interior finish.

All my panels are square and straight, and the latches are aligned perfectly. Each panel latch gives you a reassuring "click" when you've reached the fully closed portion, and the ease of use in removing and replacing the 3 forward panels is superb. I have yet to remove the clamshell as we've had rain chances nearly every day for the last 2 weeks, but the 6 bolts necessary for removal are easily accessible and the process seems straightforward.
Ford Bronco Delivered MIC Hardtop Roof: Close-up Pics of Exterior, Interior Finishes IMG_20210710_000041_521
That is a good looking top! I wonder why I can’t switch to a soft top though on a 2 door if that is really the only thing holding me up (3am July 15 res). I’d love a hard top, especially that one) but it’s not really mandatory living in Georgia. We get 6 days of winter haha

JTsGarage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I respect everyone's opinion, but having the top configurable for front and or rear , plus making the individual pieces lighter and smaller makes it easier to remove and replace and easier to store. It may not be super innovative, but in my case, it makes it better in form, function and ease of use. The open top is awesome and noticeable, particularly to passengers as a bonus.
Makes sense. And that's why Ford tweaked Jeep's recipe. Glad you've got your hands on a Bronco. They're awesome looking machines.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
LOL, man you can't say stuff like that on this forum. But you're right. Jeep's been doing the removable front "T top" panels with the identical latches for years. The removable middle section on the Bronco is the main difference. Honestly I prefer Jeep's design where the back is just one whole piece you take off. Or, get the soft top because it's more fun/less work anyway. Don't like the wind noise? Turn up the radio. You'll get used to it.
Then why all the bitching at Ford. Seems like a complete cluster-F on the part of Webasco. Lol.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to be THAT guy, but I just wanted to point out that there's actually 10 screws for the rear section and not 6. There's 4 per side on the interior and 1 on top on each side.
Love that view! :)

JTsGarage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, kind of a shame. But that’s always been the rule with early adopters of anything. You get it first, but there are often trade-offs, sometimes pretty hefty.

It’s the only potential silver-lining of my Jan 2021 reservation. Well, that and tested/reviewed aftermarket options. That being said, I’m super excited for those of you who have taken delivery and those of you with build dates coming up! I hope you all get flawless products and I can’t wait to see these on the road! Keep the pictures coming!
True. And I haven't seen the MIC top in person so I can't say for sure. It may be fine in person. For example, I have seen the four door soft top in person and I thought it looked great. But I've read I don't know how many comments on here about how the soft top looks terrible. Yes, the rear quarter window is a little wavy but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. Soft tops have come a long, long way.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the 4 door...
2 door is 6 👍🏻
Sponsored