Sponsored

It’s been a year… how long will this go on?

Old Hound

Wildtrak
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It speaks volumes that a year after the launch Ford was completely silent last night. I have had a few people on this site tell me to cancel my Rez when I voice my frustrations. The reality is, if Ford would tell me when my first day reservation was projected to be built I would shut up.

At this point, I am close to pulling the trigger on a Wrangler, mostly because I have been in vehicle limbo since this debacle began and it seems like it’s not ending any time soon.

I think Ford built a nice concept vehicle with a limited run, for a select few. After the priority orders and the dealer stock taking precedence over reservations, I can’t help but feel like Ford gave me a huge middle finger (which might be the perfect Bronco wave).

Anyway, I will likely be off the Bronco train after tomorrow with some regret that I didn’t grab a Wrangler last year before inflation took hold. Good luck to all of you and see you on the trail.
yes you better shop soon, I look for Jeep and Toyota to have a run on there products.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Happy 1 year anniversary here as well...uuugh

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Happy None Year Day 🍾Fellow 1 and 2 Reservation holders that still have heard NOTHING regarding build dates. For those who are moving on you have to do what you have to do life is too short not to get out there. As others have said, Ford heads should roll, the excitement of the announcement a year ago has waned and at this point I could care less when I received my Bronco as long as I am still under price protection. I am not going to cancel and let the lame dealer make a higher margin on my Bronco.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The entire thing is beyond ridiculous. Never would I have ever believed it would be this difficult to hand over north of $50K to a car maker. The reality is, if the brain trust at Ford would improve communication with reservation holders things would be a tad better. If Ford would “ adapt”, to the situation, by relaxing the model option set ups, then more order holders could get their vehicles. Allow other models to be built with options currently not available. Total chaos is the rule as it pertains to the Bronco release. There is no excuse for this.
It's not nearly as easy to solve as this.....

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP fails to mention if they even ordered by the 2021 deadline. A day 1 reservation is nothing without actually converting the order....

Sponsored

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I may be alone on this one but I’ve had nothing but positive experience throughout the reservation and order process! I was the first day reservation, I converted my order as early as I could. I got emails right along from Ford. Right up till it was in production and this past week is the first time I had any real frustration, no updates since it’s been in production. They must really be working hard on it two weeks later.

ACBBF71B-D909-4292-BE5F-ABB95EF10656.jpeg

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some of us have been waiting for the new bronco before it was even a sketch on paper..... A few delays here and there doesn't phase us.
An entire year goes by and people with deposits don't even know what year their vehicle might be scheduled to be built. This is such a debacle it's comical.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I may be alone on this one but I’ve had nothing but positive experience throughout the reservation and order process! I was the first day reservation, I converted my order as early as I could. I got emails right along from Ford. Right up till it was in production and this past week is the first time I had any real frustration, no updates since it’s been in production. They must really be working hard on it two weeks later.

Ford Bronco It’s been a year… how long will this go on? ACBBF71B-D909-4292-BE5F-ABB95EF10656
There are many, many people who did the same as you and do not have a build date, nor any indication when they will get one.

So you are fortunate, and your situation is what should have happened for the other day one reservations by now.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The entire thing is beyond ridiculous. Never would I have ever believed it would be this difficult to hand over north of $50K to a car maker. The reality is, if the brain trust at Ford would improve communication with reservation holders things would be a tad better. If Ford would “ adapt”, to the situation, by relaxing the model option set ups, then more order holders could get their vehicles. Allow other models to be built with options currently not available. Total chaos is the rule as it pertains to the Bronco release. There is no excuse for this.
Forms Ford’s viewpoint, anytime they communicate it causes mass confusion. Take the last one for example: Ford said mod tops to ‘23, 20% less Mic tops than ordered, and please convert to Soft top.

We had people on here interpret that as wait, you mean I can’t get a Mod top this fall, to I’m switching to Mod top in ‘22, to there will only be enough MIC tops for FE, to 2 Door is delayed to ‘22, to only 2 Doors get MIC tops and Ford is going to build all the 2 Doors, to Ford said get MICs.

Then, there is the constant switching of orders in response to every way the soup of information and misinformation sloshes , making it even more difficult for Ford to plan and schedule.

Net: every time they communicate, the hive starts buzzing and swarming, which creates chaos in the order system.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A reservation is not an order. It's like calling a restaurant at noon to make an 8:00PM reservation, then noting/complaining that that it took 8 hours and twenty minutes to get your food when it came out @8:20PM. We all had the Build & Price come out at the same time and all our orders all pulled in March. We have all been waiting just under four months, not a year. Early reservation holders have not been waiting any longer for their order than anyone else any more than someone who made a dinner reservation an hour earlier than someone else for the same meal/ordering time.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

ACBBF71B-D909-4292-BE5F-ABB95EF10656.jpeg

1%ers should be happy and positive. You are in the cool kid group mate, of course you are pleased. The other 99% have no fucking clue when our trucks are going to be built (plus us who prefer hard tops are SOL)

CCBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A buddy of mine just bought the new TRX. 2 month process from order to delivery. Just because a vehicle isn’t on a dealer lot, doesn’t mean you can’t order one. From what I’ve read on this forum, others have experienced similar timelines with other manufacturers.
Sponsored