Sponsored

It’s been a year… how long will this go on?

njAK84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yea, for me I can’t help but think of the old story about the people who prayed for rain, but only one guy brought an umbrella. I picture the Ford brass prepping for the Bronco going something like this:

Executives: Dude, this new Bronco looks siiiiiiick.
Marketing: Oh yea, we’re gonna promote the hell outta this thing.
Logistics: Nice, so, um, on that note, we should probably talk about a few things because that could potentially be a lot of—
Executives: I’m already seeing dollar signs.
Marketing: Guys, guys. I’m gonna throw something out there, and stay with me on this, but *holds hands up dramatically* “Off-Roadeo”
Executives: *leans back in chair, breathing heavily* Oh wow. Wow.
Logistics: Hey, yea, so about production and customer expectation. This sounds like we’re gonna anticipate a lot of interest—
Marketing: So, should we start printing our own raise checks now, or what?
Executives: Here’s the company card, just go ahead and treat this like your own personal bank account.
Marketing: Way ahead of you.
Logistics: *Snaps fingers* Hey! Look at me! You’re talking about potentially creating massive number of reservations and orders. How do you plan to pull that off?
Executives: Alright gentleman, I think we’ve got ourselves a winner. Who’s up for a round of golf?
Sponsored

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As of 8PM MST yesterday it has been 365 days for me as well. I have changed my order because of the Webasto fiasco. I am now a Priority 10 as opposed to 15. Am number 5 in the allocation at the dealership. No Broncos in the allocation have been built to date. I give myself a deadline of 1 September to get a VIN or I will forgo the new Bronco and buy myself a low mileage 1993 FSB.

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yup, exactly 1 year for me 9 minutes ago...

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd even lean towards a 4runner if it got an update.
That's looking like 2024. Tundra is getting a refresh in 2022 which will launch their new platform that will be shared by the 4Runner, Tacoma, and Sequoia. I'm sure they'll knock their launch out of the park.

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You ever gone to a fast food restaurant known for a specific meal, requested that meal item and they say "we're sorry we currently don't have any fries/burgers/soda/chicken/tacos/burritos"?
Actually I had this happen at Dunkin Donuts the other day. The one near me is only open til 7pm...i was randomly hungry for a coffee and a donut and popped in their drive through at 620. Pulled up to the window and DUNKIN DONUTS tells me, "We're sorry, we don't have any more donuts". Dunkin Donuts has 40 minutes on the clock and their out of the thing in their title.

This feels like that with Ford. Oh you want a vehicle with a roof. Yeah we're out of roofs. Oh you want a vehicle with big shocks, yeah we don't have any of those right now.

Sponsored

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The entire thing is beyond ridiculous. Never would I have ever believed it would be this difficult to hand over north of $50K to a car maker. The reality is, if the brain trust at Ford would improve communication with reservation holders things would be a tad better. If Ford would “ adapt”, to the situation, by relaxing the model option set ups, then more order holders could get their vehicles. Allow other models to be built with options currently not available. Total chaos is the rule as it pertains to the Bronco release. There is no excuse for this.
Not sure if you're observing other industries but this issue isn't isolated to Ford or the Bronco.

All I want is some mineral wool insulation and that has a 24-week lead time.

24-weeks for mineral wool.

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's looking like 2024. Tundra is getting a refresh in 2022 which will launch their new platform that will be shared by the 4Runner, Tacoma, and Sequoia. I'm sure they'll knock their launch out of the park.
Interesting... that might still be before I get my Bronco! 🤦‍♂️

Liberty

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Exactly 1 year from my day 1 res, I got my "in production" notice and window sticker for my 2D BD. I feel very fortunate and hope to see everyone riding around in their new rides very soon.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure if you're observing other industries but this issue isn't isolated to Ford or the Bronco.

All I want is some mineral wool insulation and that has a 24-week lead time.

24-weeks for mineral wool.
You can order cars and trucks from other makers and get a vin/build date pretty quickly actually. I think most of us are upset that we dont have any sort of eta more than we dont have a truck in hand.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But some of us called at noon on a Monday for that 8pm reservation, then arrived to the restaurant on time and placed our order, and got told we might not get our food until Wednesday.
And some called at 12:15pm for the same ordering time, got there on time, ordered exactly at the same time, and have have waited just as long since ordering while being recently told they won't get it until after Wednesday, but not even an estimate of what day, those are the ones who should be complaining.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got reservation confirmation 1 year ago today. I placed my reservation on 7/13/20 and got my confirmation email the following day. I have a basesquatch on order with aux switches, mod bumper, floor mats, door & roof bags, 10 spd auto 2.3 with mic top. I am not posting this to complain, i am posting this out of nostalgia, since i reserved this thing a year ago. I feel like a year ago i would have thought i was crazy if i still didnt have a build date in sight a year from then. Would i have even preordered knowing that? I cant be sure i would have. I am still as excited as i was a year ago and each little drop of aftermarket gear and accessories gets me even more excited, but really how long can this go on? I have dreams of modding my bronco with cool parts & accessories, but it seems so wrong to buy these things without even knowing if i am going to get a 2021 model year bronco. This is killing me😵💫🤕😂
Pretty sure Ford advised a year ago that deliveries wouldn’t start until the following summer. Which they are. You put in a reservation knowing full well it would be a year, not sure what your point is here. Last I checked summer wasn’t over.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m wildtrak lux tow and hard top.
I also picked a big, high volume dealer and put a real deposit down (not sure if it helped but look at the facts)
7/14 0603 hours reservation, ordered a loaded Wildtrak with a real deposit the day orders were allowed, at a semi-high volume dealer with 22 allocations, mine falling within the first half of those allocations I was guaranteed (which I know is never iron clad)

Its officially been over 1 year since I reserved the vehicle and still waiting for that VIN to arrive.

Looking forward to when it’s arrives or when Ford communicates it’s moving me to a 2021MY.

Last edited:

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you think a refresh is the same as launching an entirely new model from scratch? Okay, nextttttt:
Sponsored