Sponsored

It’s been a year… how long will this go on?

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So you think a refresh is the same as launching an entirely new model from scratch? Okay, nextttttt:
This isn't just a basic refresh, it's an entirely new platform, new engine options, new transmissions. It's not like every single piece of the Bronco was brand spanking new, they're pulling bits from their other models. Both engine options and transmissions already existed.

I know they're not identical scenarios but they're not that far removed from one another either.
Sponsored

hipshot

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
silvarado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
7-14 6am reservation ordered on 2-4 wild track mic, with sasquatch 2 door no vin, no order date, nothing, what's up my lease is almost up, coming down to the wire

BroncHouTX

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I almost forgot my wedding anniversary this year but I definitely remembered my reservation date. Can't believe it's been a year with no Bronco or build date. MIC top is holding me back.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I almost forgot my wedding anniversary this year but I definitely remembered my reservation date. Can't believe it's been a year with no Bronco or build date. MIC top is holding me back.
I would like to think that the MIC top, Badlands, 2.7l, SAS, 2 Door is holding me back too.......but when I see pics of dealer demos with those options showing up at dealers, it's hard to to take.

Sponsored

KKCrunch

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I may be alone on this one but I’ve had nothing but positive experience throughout the reservation and order process! I was the first day reservation, I converted my order as early as I could. I got emails right along from Ford. Right up till it was in production and this past week is the first time I had any real frustration, no updates since it’s been in production. They must really be working hard on it two weeks later.

ACBBF71B-D909-4292-BE5F-ABB95EF10656.jpeg
Are you kidding me ! BOO HOO !!!! I can't believe you had the nerve to even post this here.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A reservation is not an order. It's like calling a restaurant at noon to make an 8:00PM reservation, then noting/complaining that that it took 8 hours and twenty minutes to get your food when it came out @8:20PM. We all had the Build & Price come out at the same time and all our orders all pulled in March. We have all been waiting just under four months, not a year. Early reservation holders have not been waiting any longer for their order than anyone else any more than someone who made a dinner reservation an hour earlier than someone else for the same meal/ordering time.
When I paid Ford $100 I was officially waiting. I have been waiting for my vehicle exactly one year TODAY. I don't care when BnP came out, orders were pulled etc. when I gave them money it was my full intention to buy their product. You might see it differently and that's fine but Ford definitely doesn't deserve the white knights running to their rescue.

PopulistLogic

Outer Banks
First Name
Kath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got reservation confirmation 1 year ago today. I placed my reservation on 7/13/20 and got my confirmation email the following day. I have a basesquatch on order with aux switches, mod bumper, floor mats, door & roof bags, 10 spd auto 2.3 with mic top. I am not posting this to complain, i am posting this out of nostalgia, since i reserved this thing a year ago. I feel like a year ago i would have thought i was crazy if i still didnt have a build date in sight a year from then. Would i have even preordered knowing that? I cant be sure i would have. I am still as excited as i was a year ago and each little drop of aftermarket gear and accessories gets me even more excited, but really how long can this go on? I have dreams of modding my bronco with cool parts & accessories, but it seems so wrong to buy these things without even knowing if i am going to get a 2021 model year bronco. This is killing me😵💫🤕😂
Someone… Ford???…. Dealerships???… Suspect both! has really screwed this up! No response to reservations… no response to emails…. go to dealership and they tell you to submit a reservation! Really concerned about quality. Production problems with solid tops… problems getting chips… delays, delays, delays…. of course, they’ll blame it 100% on COVID. Evidently Ford has a very poor business continuity plan. The thrill is gone for me… maybe someday they’ll get their act together and get some units on the lots.

4X4 Lady

Outer Banks
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4x4 Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I may be alone on this one but I’ve had nothing but positive experience throughout the reservation and order process! I was the first day reservation, I converted my order as early as I could. I got emails right along from Ford. Right up till it was in production and this past week is the first time I had any real frustration, no updates since it’s been in production. They must really be working hard on it two weeks later.

ACBBF71B-D909-4292-BE5F-ABB95EF10656.jpeg
Ok, so my Confirmation Date is 1/23/21, Production date is 7/2, there was nothing happening the week of 7/5, which means it started up again on 7/12. Window sticker went from 6/28, 7/2, 7/12. Blend is 7/2. OBX, 4Dr, Rapid Red, 2.7, HD bumper, Aux Switches, MIC, Floor Liners, Lux.
Still in production, doubt they’re waiting for floor liners. impatient?YES, want it RIGHT? ABSOLUTELY! Will it matter if it’s summer, fall or winter? Bronco goes anywhere, anytime. it WILL be worth the wait!

Bubba

Outer Banks
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco…what else?
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is my first post. I’ve been trying to stay patient, but one year ago today I reserved my Bronco. Enough already! No production date, no news, no updates, nothing but bullish!t from my useless dealer. Every day with no update I get closer to being done with it. TBH, I’m really not even excited about it anymore.

Sponsored

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had two 7/14 reservations that I stupidly cancelled and pushed to October because I thought the Bronco might come too quickly and wanted my Tacoma lease to run out first. I just saw the reminder of a post I made a year ago on Facebook. I no longer have the Tacoma and have been through a couple of others cars during the year as well.

I think for me, since I know I am destined for a 2022 (or later), I would just like to see what's going to be available for colors and packages for 2022. It really isn't that early to show next year's model info and I doubt it will sway those in line and trying for a 2021. Right now, I just don't find much to get excited about, especially when thinking about waiting another year for mine.

Old Hound

Wildtrak
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yea, for me I can’t help but think of the old story about the people who prayed for rain, but only one guy brought an umbrella. I picture the Ford brass prepping for the Bronco going something like this:

Executives: Dude, this new Bronco looks siiiiiiick.
Marketing: Oh yea, we’re gonna promote the hell outta this thing.
Logistics: Nice, so, um, on that note, we should probably talk about a few things because that could potentially be a lot of—
Executives: I’m already seeing dollar signs.
Marketing: Guys, guys. I’m gonna throw something out there, and stay with me on this, but *holds hands up dramatically* “Off-Roadeo”
Executives: *leans back in chair, breathing heavily* Oh wow. Wow.
Logistics: Hey, yea, so about production and customer expectation. This sounds like we’re gonna anticipate a lot of interest—
Marketing: So, should we start printing our own raise checks now, or what?
Executives: Here’s the company card, just go ahead and treat this like your own personal bank account.
Marketing: Way ahead of you.
Logistics: *Snaps fingers* Hey! Look at me! You’re talking about potentially creating massive number of reservations and orders. How do you plan to pull that off?
Executives: Alright gentleman, I think we’ve got ourselves a winner. Who’s up for a round of golf?
SOUNDS LIKE YOU WERE IN THE ROOM.

Bubba

Outer Banks
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco…what else?
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Who is your dealer in Houston, and are you getting any response from them? Obviously I want my Bronco now, but I would settle for real updates and info. It’s like choosing which route to take in traffic. I’ll take the one that is moving, even if it is longer, just to know I am going somewhere.

KKCrunch

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A reservation is not an order. It's like calling a restaurant at noon to make an 8:00PM reservation, then noting/complaining that that it took 8 hours and twenty minutes to get your food when it came out @8:20PM. We all had the Build & Price come out at the same time and all our orders all pulled in March. We have all been waiting just under four months, not a year. Early reservation holders have not been waiting any longer for their order than anyone else any more than someone who made a dinner reservation an hour earlier than someone else for the same meal/ordering time.
Your comment would be accurate if you had a reservation but you did not convert to an order. However, we were told by Ford specifically that your Order Date didn't matter as long it was in by the March deadline and builds would be scheduled based on your reservation timestamp.

#Ford did not honor their promise to reservation holders.

Instead at the 11th hour we got word that there were "Priority" and "VIP" builds. Hmmmm... After nine months of waiting since reservation, parts and chips availability is all of the sudden an issue because of the pandemic. Believe me, this did not sneak up on them. They knew, but instead of being honest about it they chose to keep taking reservations and converting them to orders to boost share holder confidence. I'm sorry, but I think nine months is plenty of time to get your supply chain in order when you know this is the most important launch of a product in the last 20 years for your company. Actually, I'm going to go even farther back than the launch. Their designs for 98% of the components had to be complete by launch. They should have been stock piling component inventory long before the launch for commodity items like chips and tow package components and sasquatch package components, and the rest of the supposed "Sins" even before the launch. I'm also not buying the whole blame it on Webasto fiasco. They had to know Webasto was having manufacturing problems before and the whole nine months, if not longer, leading up production build time. Knowing this, what responsible manufacturer doesn't have a Plan B already in place for manufacturing and sourcing these roof components.
This whole thing has just been shameful on #Fords part. Who basically forces their customers to compromise what they know they want to fix their own ineptitude ? #Ford, that's who.

As frustrated as I am about not even having a Build Date, I really do feel bad for first the people who have actually compromised what they know they really want just to have a chance at getting a MY21 and second for the people who have already taken delivery of a MY21 with a MIC top that is likely of questionable quality.

Last edited:

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is my first post. I’ve been trying to stay patient, but one year ago today I reserved my Bronco. Enough already! No production date, no news, no updates, nothing but bullish!t from my useless dealer. Every day with no update I get closer to being done with it. TBH, I’m really not even excited about it anymore.
agreed- the excitement is gone because we've all seen all the videos and have seen this vehicle inside and out. it's frustrating but i just don't know how much blame goes where. for me the excitement will pick up when i get a build date but that could be next week or a year from now so no point in thinking about it!
Sponsored