Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m thinking about making my own roof with some left over plywood and 2x4’s
That might be a more expensive option with lumber pricing (though they are finally coming down)
Sponsored

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The first of many we'll see of these. It's becoming apparent that many tops were delivered that had their outer laminate layer cast too thin. Commodity intake procedures weren't abole to tell because they looked fine. This - along with other laminating issues - are what spurred the additional inspections that held so many units over the last 2 weeks.

FWIW my roof is still 100% fine, and I'm realizing just how lucky I havr been with this build.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The first of many we'll see of these. It's becoming apparent that many tops were delivered that had their outer laminate layer cast too thin. Commodity intake procedures weren't abole to tell because they looked fine. This - along with other laminating issues - are what spurred the additional inspections that held so many units over the last 2 weeks.

FWIW my roof is still 100% fine, and I'm realizing just how lucky I havr been with this build.
Translation: Getting a later build doesn’t sound so bad now.

Sponsored

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A bit more info: Issues with thickness uniformity of the 3 layers is what's behind the lamination issues (and these unsightly "thin" spots). There isn't an easy fix at this point.

Watch this space.

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A bit more info: Issues with thickness uniformity of the 3 layers is what's behind the lamination issues (and these unsightly "thin" spots). There isn't an easy fix at this point.

Watch this space.
Thank you Ross! As always, your updates and info is greatly appreciated. Happy you're enjoying your Bronco, some day us folks waiting will be right there with you. Cheers!

1626649268127.png

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Absolutely. Writing up and email as we speak and following up on the phone in the morning.
Hey Steve I would directly contact Ford CEO ‪@jimfarley98 On Twitter and share your pictures with him‬. I’ve communicated with him before and he’s been very helpful.

Sponsored

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven't seen any mention or photos of this phenomenon yet. Just today I noticed a honeycomb or snakeskin like pattern starting to appear on most of the rear shell.

Anyone else also experience this? Is it UV related? Reaction with Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax? Something internal? 🤔

You can't feel the texture, it's strictly visual.

Interested in hearing some theories...

Ford Bronco [Updated 7/20] Early Delivered Bronco MIC Top Developing Honeycomb / Snakeskin Pattern 1626649268127

Ford Bronco [Updated 7/20] Early Delivered Bronco MIC Top Developing Honeycomb / Snakeskin Pattern 1626649268127
MUTANT MIC TOP-another plot twist as we work our way through the BRONCO drama.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Maybe there should be a fixed roof option? "

Oh, that's right. This idea was beaten up a few months ago. Profusely. About the face and head. 🤏
You solved it! You have solved the riddle! Ford can you please completely redesign the whole vehicle and add a fixed top! That should fix all the issues! That should be what like a 2-4 week timeline for that?

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bronco Cobra. You heard it here first.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You solved it! You have solved the riddle! Ford can you please completely redesign the whole vehicle and add a fixed top! That should fix all the issues! That should be what like a 2-4 week timeline for that?
Thank you. Do I get to star in the next Jumanji movie with The Rock???
Sponsored