Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford can use the virus for insufficient parts to build SAS, tow, 2.7 vehicles, but that excuse can’t be used on the MIC and Mod tops. They had years to develop the roofs. There shouldn’t be a question of quality, only availability. Ford should react, and make a soft top for two doors, that have the hard top rigging installed, just like the four doors. Ford should react to model issues and allow options to be applied to models that currently restrict packages, interiors, etc. However, they opt to send out messages telling folks to be patient. I have said before, if there wasn’t a reservation list, then none of this would matter. We ALL should have realized this thing was going to be one giant SNAFU, when the reservation web site crashed on day one. I just can’t understand how the executives at Ford can allow this to continue, without coming up with substantial ways to benefit those of us who have been placed in the middle of all this.
For one thing, Fords not making you buy a Bronco, that was your choice and yours alone. And you can even back out risk free. And for two, most websites will crash when you have a hundred thousand plus people trying to access it all at once.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford can use the virus for insufficient parts to build SAS, tow, 2.7 vehicles, but that excuse can’t be used on the MIC and Mod tops. They had years to develop the roofs. There shouldn’t be a question of quality, only availability. Ford should react, and make a soft top for two doors, that have the hard top rigging installed, just like the four doors. Ford should react to model issues and allow options to be applied to models that currently restrict packages, interiors, etc. However, they opt to send out messages telling folks to be patient. I have said before, if there wasn’t a reservation list, then none of this would matter. We ALL should have realized this thing was going to be one giant SNAFU, when the reservation web site crashed on day one. I just can’t understand how the executives at Ford can allow this to continue, without coming up with substantial ways to benefit those of us who have been placed in the middle of all this.
Because they don't care? If they did care from the beginning, they wouldn't have ever signed a contract with Webastages, given their previous history as I'm learning.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I feel ya, but the reality is, Ford doesn’t have to do anything. Only way you will see them offer any deals is if the negative press and free market pushes more people to the competition.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For one thing, Fords not making you buy a Bronco, that was your choice and yours alone. And you can even back out risk free. And for two, most websites will crash when you have a hundred thousand plus people trying to access it all at once.
It was a choice based on what we were told, which has proven not to be the case in an epic way. Hmm, so it's public knowledge that most websites will crash when you have a hundred thousand plus people trying to access it all at once? Again given that, they failed on the first day with what you say is common place.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bro, there's a very large group of Bronco orders who were "built" at the end of June to the 2nd of July that are MIA. Litteraly not a damn peep from Ford. Just stuck in production.
Annnnndddd.... they're stuck probably due to the parts commodity issue or this new MIC top issue.
Would you rather get your bronco with a messed up top or other issue now or something with better quality control later?

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are correct, that could happen. But chances are, the sales rep will not know the answer to the question of when do we get our Bronco. A big smile and a pat on the shoulder may have a calming effect. Look at us, we do not walk out and no one gave us a smile or a pat on the shoulder.
It was in the 1980s I bought a Chevy Citation which was a hot car at that time. Ended up waiting over 9 months.
People will buy and people will wait. We are classic examples of that theory. ;)
Ah, yes. The Chevy Citation. The Pinto of Chevrolet. What year model did you end up getting?

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It was a choice based on what we were told, which has proven not to be the case in an epic way. Hmm, so it's public knowledge that most websites will crash when you have a hundred thousand plus people trying to access it all at once? Again given that, they failed on the first day with what you say is common place.
HA! if this was true there would be no day 1 reservation holders..... Yes the site crashed SLIGHTLY, but nothing compared to trying to buy a PS5 or some rare sneakers.....
Chevy has some blazers they can sell you while you wait

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HA! if this was true there would be no day 1 reservation holders..... Yes the site crashed SLIGHTLY, but nothing compared to trying to buy a PS5 or some rare sneakers.....
Chevy has some blazers they can sell you while you wait
No room for a Blazer, got a driveway full of Fords and a shop full of 66-77 broncos, which by the way were built and delivered as promised 50y-55y years ago lol, with good tops!

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imagine if Ford could single out who was continuously complaining and cancel their orders..... I think I'd have had my bronco yesterday.
Did you order a four door?
Sponsored