Here starts the dealer games

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Reviews can be cleaned up by Google or Facebook if a business recieves a ton of 1 star or 5 star reviews in a short period from people that aren't customers. It prevents brigading like what is happening now.

I don't want to defend a dealer if they are being shitty but they may be right in saying we don't know the whole story.

The person that has been directly affected has every right to post a review....everyone piling up on the dealer does not.

There are many instances of businesses being blasted on reviews by internet brigades that don't know the whole story. The businesses are left with the bad reviews because a bunch of keyboard warriors went out of their way to try and bury that business. It's an abuse of the review system.

Same as padding your reviews with BS 5 stars from your friends.

I could post on this forum that a dealer, that I just didn't like, sold my Bronco to someone else (even if this never happened) and a ton of people would maliciously blast that dealer.

you know the dealer in question has more or less acknowledged that it happened, right? What’s the “whole story” that justifies this kind of conduct? Is this why Ford has the worst dealer network in terms of ADM of any manufacturer I’ve ever seen? People try to defend them even when they pull crap like this? I tried to order a Raptor 4 years ago in a fairly large market and couldn’t find a single dealer that would even order it how I wanted, not to mention without charging 10k ADM. The large dealership down the street from me had a Shelby GT500 in yellow that they charged 30k ADM for, while a dealership a state over is selling a Challenger Super Stock with 600 ADM. People tend to jump to the defense of consumers in situations like this because Ford dealers have a well earned reputation for hideous ADM on non-limited production vehicles, let alone their limited stuff. Raptor, Focus RS, GT350/500, Bronco, hell Bronco Sports had markups in some places. Maybe don’t feel the need to make excuses for egregiously bad conduct. This is price gouging, pure and simple.
Sponsored

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ADM does not fall under "Dealer Requested Installed Options" or "Other products requested by Customer" so how can stealerships get away with this on a customer reserved and ordered Bronco???

I understand that they can add ADM onto any dealer ordered Bronco stock but it is stated directly by FORD that they ARE NOT ALLOWED to do this on customer reserved Broncos.
this line item is saying they can not and will not go over msrp. The language is: “requested dealer installed” not “dealer requested installed”. Those are two very different phrases the former saying: customer requesting an option that the dealer installs - which makes sense as an incremental cost to the customer on top of msrp.

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Economics 101:
*Its supply and demand........which means if you want it and can buy it, It's your personal prerogative.......but that also means you don't have to buy it.

Economics 101 (Post Internet age):
*Its supply and demand.......which means if you don't like the price you đŸ€ŹđŸ€ŹđŸ€ŹđŸ€ŹđŸ€ŹđŸ€Ź all over the internet and badmouth a person, company or organization like the've punched your sainted mother.đŸ€Šâ€â™‚ïž

Get over it people.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty crappy of the dealership, no doubt. That being said, she should have had an agreement in writing before placing her order.

Not a chance I would commit to a $50K+ purchase without a deal in writing. Whether it's for a car, house, anything.
STOP defending the dealer people, holy shit. Not everyone is aware of the practices dealers will pull to rip people off. She’s clearly young and clearly ignorant to the fact this could happen. It is NOT HER FAULT that she wasn’t aware she needed to do this, she likely assumed like many other people the price on the invoice was her price, as it should have been. Blaming her ignorance is excusing the dealer, fuck them.

As for your house analogy
you offer a price and they accept or deny and you’re in agreement, it doesn’t change until you get the house. Unless they decide they can get more money in which they have to pay fees. She ordered a car and was given an invoice which she signed that had a price on it. Legal document or not, she expected that was her price. She had to wait 6 months to find out she was going to get fucked over and her only recourse is, “ha! You should have known better.”

Fuck that shit.

Last edited:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

you know the dealer in question has more or less acknowledged that it happened, right? What’s the “whole story” that justifies this kind of conduct?
"More or less" is the point I was making. We don't know all the details.

Regardless I'm still not into getting involved in a situation that has nothing to do with me from behind my keyboard. Like I said... She's just if she wants to leave a review but me, totally removed from the situation, really has no business leaving a review.

Not dissimilar to the punters on this forum blaming a guy's roof issues on some wax or a busted axle or failed GOAT modes on someone's driving skill.

Lots were quick to pile on those people thinking they knew the whole story.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I arrived at the dealer and saw they were letting others test drive a vehicle I special ordered I would have told them to eff off and walked out. Wouldn't have even made it to the finance office.
Exactly, that's a big f'ing problem right there.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Economics 101:
*Its supply and demand........which means if you want it and can buy it, It's your personal prerogative.......but that also means you don't have to buy it.

Economics 101 (Post Internet age):
*Its supply and demand.......which means if you don't like the price you đŸ€ŹđŸ€ŹđŸ€ŹđŸ€ŹđŸ€ŹđŸ€Ź all over the internet and badmouth a person, company or organization like the've punched your sainted mother.đŸ€Šâ€â™‚ïž

Get over it people.
That would be true if it wasn’t a custom ordered item that had a name attached. Walking into a store and seeing the last Apple Watch during Christmas with 4 customers waiting is supply and demand. Going online and ordering one engraved for customer pay at pickup is not. Imagine showing up and the guy at the Genius Bar says, “oh yeah, sorry about that, I know we sent you an emailed receipt and said it was ready for pickup but this lady offered us an extra $200 so unless you want to pay the extra $200 for it we’re going to sell it to her instead. We know you waited a year but they’ll be back in stock in like 6-12 months though if you want to order a new one. Sorry, that’s just supply and demand.” 🙄

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You know at this point with games like this and the problems that ate starting to surface I'd have no problem bumping my reservation or a few years. Makes me so glad I already had it in my mind to wait it out. There is no factory testing that will reveal real world usage. That's what uncovers the issues.
Some of us may be waiting a few years for shipment!

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cool, let me know when you move to the car industry. Otherwise, completely irrelevant. Your companies method is exactly the way it SHOULD be
. But unfortunately it’s not the way this industry works. If Ford canned every dealer that gave a customer a raw deal they’d have 6 dealers left across the country.
Or they'd have a group of ethical dealerships.

I have no issue with a dealer trying to get ADM on a popular model, that's market economics. But someone who placed a $100 reservation directly with the manufacturer and then placed an order in good faith with the manufacturer's agent that sells the vehicle, there is an implied agreement that the car will be sold to the buyer at the manufacturer's suggested retail price. Had at the time of order placement the dealership explained to the buyer that that price was not set and that the dealership intended to sell the buyers order at above MSRP to whomever first customer agreed to pay the ADM, that would be an issue where the OP had no expectation to pay MSRP. But nowhere in the reservation/order process and reading the fine print, has there been an indication that reserved/ordered Broncos, once shipped to the dealer, are available to the highest bidder. The $100 reservation does have contractual consequences with it as money was provided by the buyer to reserve a Bronco order in the future at what could reasonably be expected to be sold at MSRP. What the dealership did is unethical and a litigable situation.

I think Ford will be very interested in these series of events.

Bronco_or_bust

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition, 2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

STOP defending the dealer people, holy shit. Not everyone is aware of the practices dealers will pull to rip people off. She’s clearly young and clearly ignorant to the fact this could happen. It is NOT HER FAULT that she wasn’t aware she needed to do this, she likely assumed like many other people the price on the invoice was her price, as it should have been. Blaming her ignorance is excusing the dealer, fuck them.

As for your house analogy
you offer a price and they accept or deny and you’re in agreement, it doesn’t change until you get the house. Unless they decide they can get more money in which they have to pay fees. She ordered a car and was given an invoice which she signed that had a price on it. Legal document or not, she expected that was her price. She had to wait 6 months to find out she was going to get fucked over and her only recourse, “ha! You should have known better.”

Fuck that shit.
Completely agree, the buyer paid a deposit and ordered in good faith from a dealer of a reputable brand. The dealer is 100% at fault here for dishonest and unethical business practice. And to quote you “fuck them” they deserve to go out of business. Sadly, we live in a society where consumers get fucked over all the time and there’s often very little regulation to stop it (especially in Texas).

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because I would like to go find it on the Facebook page but I can’t. Again if it’s on the public page why block out some content?
A quick FB search and you’ll find it.

Ford Bronco Here starts the dealer games E952F14D-0645-4C1F-B67A-292C4FF3E86F

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Because I would like to go find it on the Facebook page but I can’t. Again if it’s on the public page why block out some content? Not sure why you’re being an a** about a simple question but guess you have your reasons. :rolleyes:
Actually I’m trying to be respectful of the person who posted it. Surely if you knew how to search for something you can find who it is. All you have to do is fb search Grand Prairie Ford. I guess you just want everything handed to you like everyone now days. Now I’m being an asshole.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
They cant do anything about it. ADM isn’t a new thing.
🙄🙄🙄
No lawyer would touch it with a 10 foot pole. No signed agreement, no right to MSRP.
🙄🙄🙄
Over the past several months, with the value of the Bronco skyrocketing and dealerships struggling through some tough times, I have wondered if we would be seeing this exact scenario play out.

Turning this into an indictment against the reservation holder for not getting a signed price vs. a verbal agreement instead of placing blame where it belongs (on the greedy dealership) tends to add legitimacy to these integrity-challenged dealerships.

They are in effect steeling the reservation by pricing him out of his own order after a year or more of waiting. I hope karma is a thing, and they get their just desserts in the end.
This, 100%!!

Perhaps, but if they printed a DORA with detailed breakout of all the pricing, and a total at the bottom of the sheet, and if the dealership didn’t specify a different price than what’s listed on the Dora, in writing, then there might be a legal argument to be made.
Exactly!! I am so tired of the people trying to legitimize the dealers doing this shady crap. Either they work at a dealer doing this or they are one of the baboons who overpaid on a vehicle. It is an order that was converted from a reservation. The dealer should have equal accountability to make the markup known. This isn't a dealer stock unit, those would be fair game to the morons willing to pay $20k over MSRP. Personally, I am near my last straw with Ford (dealerships, products and "customer service") over other various issues. If something like this happens, I'd walk away for good.