indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
They should've never released the Bronco and taken orders until they were 100% ready for production and delivery. Jeep had no problem taking my money for my diesel Gladiator Rubicon with a painted hard top. Took a few weeks not years.
THIS! But Ford wanted the reservations for PR value. And people here lapped it up. Now Ford has a slew of reservations for Maverick and F150 Lightning. Probably some people here have those reserved as well, lol.
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

MIC info will be released soon enough.

Also, as of today "full speed" production has been delayed indefinitely, as Rangers will far outweigh Broncos on final at least thru the planned MY21 run. Bronco's dedicated body shop has been sandbagged to spread work between both shifts.
Aw sweet.
So we can go back to saying Ford will be lucky if they build 20k Broncos this year... smh

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also, as of today "full speed" production has been delayed indefinitely, as Rangers will far outweigh Broncos on final at least thru the planned MY21 run. Bronco's dedicated body shop has been sandbagged to spread work between both shifts.
Thank you. My bad side wants Ford to get midieval on Webasto with some hard pipe hitters.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So it's apparent that they've charted out their solution to the MIC issue. It's painful and it's going to contribute to some ugly headlines over the next few days, but it's the most responsible solution.

If you're low on booze, pick yourself up something good to get you through a few rough days.

Incidentally, my wife and I will be in NoLa for a long weekend... don't be alarmes by my silence.

Bottoms up, buckle up.

More added:

Are the remaining FE still going to get built? I know you touched on it your last thread just curious if anything changed.

Sponsored

International_George

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 International Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any indication as to whether the built units will be shipped with temporary tops or sent to the crusher?

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Summary is: (my guess) - We are going to only produce MIC tops for First Editions in 2021 until we can find and produce new hard tops with a new manufacturing partner. The only other units produced in 2021 will be Soft Tops. We will give customers until September first to change their order to a soft top and potentially get their Bronco in 2021. Otherwise, produced soft top orders will go to dealer stock. Stay Pumped.
spot on.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And again Ford has already squandered all the positive review headlines and the negative articles about their roofs will dominate the news cycle. This is not good.
I disagree, this is excellent new. Finally a long term solution to the MIC issues!

Brwn79bronco

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06mustang 99f250 79bronco 79f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Summary is: (my guess) - We are going to only produce MIC tops for First Editions in 2021 until we can find and produce new hard tops with a new manufacturing partner. The only other units produced in 2021 will be Soft Tops. We will give customers until September first to change their order to a soft top and potentially get their Bronco in 2021. Otherwise, produced soft top orders will go to dealer stock. Stay Pumped.
I tried switching my 2door big bend 7speed to a 4door soft, early this week. But My dealer said they can't switch my order now?

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Go rock some dinner at Commanders. Have fun. Thanks for the info.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it's apparent that they've charted out their solution to the MIC issue. It's painful and it's going to contribute to some ugly headlines over the next few days, but it's the most responsible solution.

If you're low on booze, pick yourself up something good to get you through a few rough days.

Incidentally, my wife and I will be in NoLa for a long weekend... don't be alarmes by my silence.

Bottoms up, buckle up.

More added:

I’m guessing production is being brought to a stop until this is figured out. Announcement Friday?

TennesseePA

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2008 ES350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They should've never released the Bronco and taken orders until they were 100% ready for production and delivery. Jeep had no problem taking my money for my diesel Gladiator Rubicon with a painted hard top. Took a few weeks not years.
Are you sure about that? They announced that there would be a diesel at the JL launch event in 2017. Im a Jeep and a Ford guy so I can be honest about Jeeps problems. The ecodiesel was out of production for three years because of quality issues.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.