Sponsored

Livestream to discuss tops at 5:00 Eastern today!

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My (selfish) question is what is the plan for 2 door orders? Seems if you have no vin (anecdotally a disproportionate amount of 2D’s don’t) You’re not even considered for production until MY22. This is essentially delaying any measurable 2D production for ~4 months.

Question: Can we please get an option to just switch to the bestop 2D softie? Order a poop load of them to the mod center and just install them there.
Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is Ford teaming up with a brewery and coming out with a Bronco branded limited edition beer?
They'll call it the "Two Door Schlitz"

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys, so this has been going on in the background for the past 24 hours, and now that we have a time *somewhat* set in stone I wanted to loop y'all in. There is going to be a live stream to discuss the announcement, and what's happening going forward. Bronco Nation was nice enough to invite me to represent Bronco6G and our concerns, so I wanted to open up the floor to you guys for anything you want me to address. It sounds like also joining us on the stream will be Mitchell Watts from Town and Country TV, Will from @forgeoverland (Bronco Ambassador) David from Bronco Nation, and a Ford rep as well to hash things out. I've of course got thoughts of my own, but wanted to know what you guys want to be addressed specifically, and I will do my best to get answers! I will edit this with a link once I have it.

Right off the bat, the main *Question* that I have gotten is about color availability so people can start planning their '22 model year build. I want to be able to have a productive conversation, so any questions that have not been answered yet let me know and hopefully I'll be able to get them addressed!
Will Ford produce every customer order Soft Top that parts allow before they start building dealer stock, even if that means overfilling or under filling some dealers previous allocation?

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was told that my Bronco is already built and waiting for replacement top by someone oN the Ford hotline - even though my build date originally in July is now 9/20 and I don't have a window sticker. I was told the build date is when it's expected to be completely finished, top replaced - not when it's started. Is this true ?

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My (selfish) question is what is the plan for 2 door orders? Seems if you have no vin (anecdotally a disproportionate amount of 2D’s don’t) You’re not even considered for production until MY22. This is essentially delaying any measurable 2D production for ~4 months.

Question: Can we please get an option to just switch to the bestop 2D softie? Order a poop load of them to the mod center and just install them there.
That's what the announcement said will happen to the two orders not assigned a vin prior to today.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BIG question - Is there really a decent chance that those that have an assigned build date currently scheduled for mid-September to early October (with a MIC top) could still get built for 2021?

Reasoning - Given all of the work that needs to be done retooling, and then replacing hardtops for purgatory builds, and the FEs, this seems like a near impossibility. Ford said wait until October for an update, but is it really worth the wait to find out something that has a <5% probability.

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can the 4 doors that are stuck at MAP be switched to a soft top in order to be shipped sooner.

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will people who have been issued a VIN for a MIC hardtop four door be able to change to a soft top with hardware for a future hardtop to get earlier delivery rather than waiting until november/December for delivery with the new MIC?
@Nickp This. Many order holders have had assigned VINs since back in early May for a MIC and had our production dates bumped back 5 or 6 times. While we understand the issue and how they will prioritize the tops beginning the end of Sept/beginning of Oct, many would go ahead and change to a soft top with the kit if we could. While I’m still excited to get my Bronco im not excited about the potential of my MIC top Badlands finally being produced potentially in December, and not receiving my MY21 until sometime in Jan 2022!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do they expect hard top issues to remain for MY22?

Can we get a more defined date on MY22 B&P launch date?

There was speak of a Heritage Edition. Is that off the table?
When will MY22 build and price be live?
I will broaden this up and just ask if the new equipment will help with the hard:soft top ratio. Otherwise we may just see a pretty steady stream of soft-top dealer units for a time. I'll ask on an estimate for '22 B+P
Will the shift affect the timing of the Mansquatch option?
Great question, I have not heard an estimate beyond 2022 MY so I will see what i can glean.
Can we take delivery with a soft top, and receive a discount on a MIC later......to get trucks rolling?
Ford wants to ship as few hardtops as possible, they're not going to do this. Once a Bronco is in someone's hands they want it to be good for a while so they can focus on fulfilling the orders already out there.
Can we expect more scheduling beyond todays emails for any remaining soft top orders?
Scheduling is going to continue as it has, sporadic but steady. Today was just for the end of this month.
Will MY22 Production start with MY22 "Special Edition" units and have VIP, and Dealer assigned P1's stack in front of people with existing reservations? Also, What kind of weight does MY21 Reservations and time stamps have in the big picture.
Honestly, I don't know if ford themselves even has an answer for this. Will probably depend quite a bit on how the next few months goes with the pandemic
Dumb question perhaps… but where will the live stream be streamed?
Youtube!
What's the possibility of Wildtrak's getting the ability to switch to a soft-top at this point?
Zero. If you don't have a VIN i've seen quite a few people talk about switching to a badlands soft top, that would probably be your best bet! (Or join me on the BaseSquatch 2.7 train *evil emoji*)
*Colors. Confirm 22’ colors, just tell us now and quit playing games.

*What is price protection. Enough being vague, if we ordered a 21 BD and decide we want a 22’ WT, we get the same MSRP? What about option changes? Packages? Etc. we need DETAILS

*Why can’t current vin holders switch a soft top?

*Why can’t current built Broncos be given the choice of a soft top?

*What is being done to reassure current built Broncos will be in tip top shape after sitting for months? Extra QC? How much?

*What is being done to compensate those stuck in built purgatory as an apology?

*What is being done about 2 door order holders and WT holders getting the shaft? Tough luck is NOT a good
Part of making this work is keeping things as simple as possible. Trying to deal with a mess of some Broncos being changed, some not etc. when they already have already been built is just not going to happen. They are just going to prioritize getting those Broncos capped and getting them onto their final destinations. As for unbuilt but vin assigned, I don't believe it will be possible but I can ask. The main thing with that though, is those are still going to be a '21 MY so I think Ford will probably just keep those set in stone. More fixed variables ya know?

As others have said, most cars sit outside for a few months whether it's at the factory, at the dealership, etc. It's not a huge deal.

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks Nick.

I was a very late reservation (November 2020). Knowing I was late to the party and nowhere near an early build date, I wasn’t in a rush to convert to order, and so didn’t until June 2021 after I had the chance to see the Bronco Nation demo Badlands. I didn’t receive any communication from Ford about consequences or significance associated with converting by March 19th, 2021 date (though I’m sure 6G was discussing actively 🙄 I didn’t join 6G until late summer).

I have been committed to a hard top since my original reservation and these delays impact my delivery timeline just as much as early reservations. So I’m facing the same consequences / inconvenience as everyone else with these announcements, but I’m getting locked out of the $1100 Ford Pass points based on not having ordered by an arbitrary and uncommunicated conversion date.

Not sure how many others might be in this boat with me, but would love if you were able to represent this point of view and push back on the decision to draw that arbitrary line-in-the-sand for the $1100 apology.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be driving - Please post the recording of this LS to the top of this post, when available.