JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It could be region specific but we got them down to $14 / month. I have mine turned on and my wife works a lot on her laptop while we are going places...we can typically leave a day earlier and she works from the truck. We have Verizon mobile phones and the connectivity for data is not even close the truck works everywhere and rarely drops and the phone is completely the opposite and hot spotting the phones the speed does not seem close either. We have the unlimited Verizon plan but still feels like they throttle is when hot spotted.
Do you have a bunch of add on fees and taxes like cellular service plans, they can add up.
Sponsored

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But is there ever a time when there isn't someone in the car with a cell phone that can serve as the wifi hotspot? Since your phones can do everything the car can I still don[t see the need for an "extra" data plan. It used to be that phone plans supporting wifi tethering cost extra, but I though all those gradually faded away and it's included in most plans now.
Cell phone hotspot wouldn't keep up with everyone in the truck using wifi. Plus with the vehicle hotspot, if your cellphone loses signal, you can still listen to music and make calls through wifi.

Big ragu

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I love having the att modem in my trucks. We have a different cellular carrier and its like having the power and coverage of both carriers. It cost 200 for the year per vehicle and your phone switches between the two carriers depending on signal. I have noticed less dusruption on any apps im running. I have to load a lot of pictures to web based software for my work and you could do it alone with cellular but it is a pita. Hope this helps but it definitely inproved my quality of life.:)

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's awesome on my Camaro, $10 a month and gives me WiFi both sides of the border. I don't have built in GPS in that car so putting the phone on the WiFi then using apple carplay for navigation is perfect. Also like others have said when I'm far away from civilization on a road trip the WiFi in the car still works while the phone has no services. Amazing!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's awesome on my Camaro, $10 a month and gives me WiFi both sides of the border. I don't have built in GPS in that car so putting the phone on the WiFi then using apple carplay for navigation is perfect. Also like others have said when I'm far away from civilization on a road trip the WiFi in the car still works while the phone has no services. Amazing!
Who are you with? What does it cost on either side or both sides of the border?

Sponsored

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do you have a bunch of add on fees and taxes like cellular service plans, they can add up.
No. I am billed $14.00 each month and the breakdown says subtotal for services $14.00, $0.00 for taxes, fees and surcharges, total $14.00.

It is pretty handy you can go to the ATT site for you vehicle and turn on / off at your leisure. It will remain on for the rest of that billing cycle then turn off and not bill the next month. Go back to the site and turn on and it is usually connected within 10 minutes. We do shut it off some months if we are not going anywhere.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something I will definitely do, what company do you set up with, Ford or ATT?

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who are you with? What does it cost on either side or both sides of the border?
So it's the weirdest thing because I pay here in Canada but the data plan covers both sides of the border, there is no roaming perhaps since it's provided by US based service? I was unsure how it was going to work when I first got the car but was told it would just work and it did. Still stoked on that 4 years later. Last time I payed I think is was around $10 per month? I just order it through GM onstar services and pay up front for 6 months or a year.

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have it on my 21 Blazer RS.

Like XM I just call in and bitch about price and they lower it every time.

I like it bc if I go somewhere in the cut I have wifi. I also use it for my Alexa app that's integrated in the car.

Unlimited data for $14 a month.
Unlimited data for $14/month isn’t too bad. I imagine that’s much cheaper than hot spotting your cell phone, especially if that doesn’t have unlimited data.

I use this feature once and a while when it comes with a vehicle - Usually when I’m on the road for work and need to pull over to respond to some emails. That being said, I could have just used my phone to hot spot, but it was still nice to have.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't even have a data plan for my phone, so I'm going with nooooo...

Sponsored

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't the ford pass app have a build in hotspot for the car? If so how does that work thinking about using that for dashcam.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So question... What Devices do your kids use that require WiFi? Cell phone without a data plan (just WiFi). I guess that and home WiFi would keep them engaged and make sense. 👍🏻
Power went out in my place a couple of weeks ago and I used a Jackery to power the modem. Worked like a charm.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unlimited data for $14/month isn’t too bad. I imagine that’s much cheaper than hot spotting your cell phone, especially if that doesn’t have unlimited data.

I use this feature once and a while when it comes with a vehicle - Usually when I’m on the road for work and need to pull over to respond to some emails. That being said, I could have just used my phone to hot spot, but it was still nice to have.
ATT wanted $30 a month. That's why I went with onstar instead

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see when signing up for a free trial (which I haven't yet) it gives me the option of Canada, USA or Mexico...
It'll let me choose whichever, but then it wants my address. I wonder if it's only for residents of that country or if I can get US coverage while living in Canada (for traveling).
And whether or not I can cancel anytime!
Sponsored