Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

- Appreciate the Joneses reference, always helps me make better financial decisions, also not a creature comfort person at all. Honestly I think I want to make sure the base doesn't look lame compared to higher end models, also I would think the exterior color options will be limited in base.
And if you need more reassurance, go check out the base model thread. Quite a few people are definitely happy with selecting the Base model.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/base-model-bronco-thread-🐎.1828/
Sponsored

OP
OP
thrustbronco

thrustbronco

Base
First Name
Shailendra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Your Bronco Model
Base
Stick with your base
It'll be plenty enough for the majority of people on a budget.
If you decide to venture off road start with new tires (I don't believe the base had stock tires that were worthwhile, I could be wrong). And see where it takes you from there. Can't go wrong with a base, personally I may drop from my Big Bend to save a few bucks myself.
Thanks, that's very helpful, the tires didn't look like much in the image they have on their website, also the rims.

OP
OP
thrustbronco

thrustbronco

Base
First Name
Shailendra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Your Bronco Model
Base

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks, that's very helpful, the tires didn't look like much in the image they have on their website, also the rims.
Exactly. A set of nice wheels wrapped with some BFG All terrains (at least 32's) and your rig will look nice. Can't go wrong with those tires.
And not a bad place to start if you want to try leaving the pavement.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

- Appreciate the Joneses reference, always helps me make better financial decisions, also not a creature comfort person at all. Honestly I think I want to make sure the base doesn't look lame compared to higher end models, also I would think the exterior color options will be limited in base.
Ford Bronco Should I upgrade to a higher model from Base 4 door 2689AB38-DF28-4B17-9435-5A27C86AC50F

Here are the colors for the base vs big bend. Honestly the only thing about about the base that might be “lame” is the wheel/tire combo. It comes with steelies(which people either love or hate) and some pretty tame tires. Don’t spend thousands of $$to go up in trims just for wheels/tires tho. I’m sure there will be quite a few takeoffs from the upper models that people will be selling when the time comes.

Last edited:

Sponsored

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am on the base....not because of budget...your next step up is big bend....$5k more for what ?....the base is an excellent value.....

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

giphy.gif

It’s almost eerie!!

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
First of all thanks to everyone on this forum, there is so much useful information here, and a feeling of community.
I have finally mustered the courage to reserve a base 4 door option, I drive a coupe - Civic Si and have always wanted a jeepy SUV or a truck, had been considering Toyota 4runner or tacoma before this news release, Bronco fell off my radar somehow, anyways I'm excited now that its happening, a year will go by before we know it (I know spring is less that a year).
I won't be doing much offroading and do not want to pay more when I won't be making the most of it, also the higher models are a little out of my monthly budget, so I decided to go for the base 4 door model, however on this forum I see that its the least chosen model, so now I'm second guessing my choice.

Should I upgrade to a different version, is it going to be worth it in terms of looks and functionality. I do not want to regret later, any information is appreciated.
You have come to the right place a lot of good advice. Also, as others have posted the online configuration will be up in August so you can build each model and then determine as an option. If the base had the marine vinyl and rubber floors I might consider that one myself. But yeah ask the experts here as I find it tough and surprising that ford made 7 different model types. Seems like a good move as the people on this board seem happy about that,

OP
OP
thrustbronco

thrustbronco

Base
First Name
Shailendra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Your Bronco Model
Base
View attachment 14920
Here are the colors for the base vs big bend. Honestly the only thing about about the base that might be “lame” is the wheel/tire combo. It comes with steelies(which people either love or hate) and some pretty tame tires. Don’t spend thousands of $$to go up in trims just for wheels/tires tho. I’m sure there will be quite a few takeoffs from the upper models that people will be selling when the time comes.
Appreciate the color resource, couldn't agree with you more, first look at the stock image and the thing bothering me was the tire/rim combo.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree with everyone else, the base is really a misnomer here, the mechanical bits, tires, gears can all be done after factory, in some cases even cheaper. Otherwise there is no reason to upgrade - there’s just not any advantage all you seem to be gaining is more electronic gadgets that will honestly make zero difference off-road, or preference options.

OP
OP
thrustbronco

thrustbronco

Base
First Name
Shailendra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am on the base....not because of budget...your next step up is big bend....$5k more for what ?....the base is an excellent value.....
Creature comforts and better tire/rim, power inverter, remote start, but again I don't need any of those except the power inverter, maybe.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Appreciate the color resource, couldn't agree with you more, first look at the stock image and the thing bothering me was the tire/rim combo.
One thing I will say (because this is a major deal for me). Go test drive a Ranger with the 2.3l engine. Make sure you are happy with that before pulling the trigger. Yes plenty on hear will say how awesome it is... And you can tune it to be better... Blah blah blah ?. But for me personally, I didn't like it. I'll for sure opt up to the V6, whether I stick with Big Bend or lower to the Base. V6 & Squatch.. Can't go wrong ?

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Take a look at the mid package.

Ford Bronco Should I upgrade to a higher model from Base 4 door AF735C34-3731-4473-8E64-D599DA20885C

Is there anything there your absolutely have to have?? If so maybe you should consider the Big Bend. If not the base will do find and will be a blank canvas for whatever you want to do.

Don't go over your budget. But also don't settle just because you can't afford it now. Nothing worse than being locked into a monthly payment on a vehicle you aren't happy with. If you know you want to upsell yourself save your money, put a bigger down payment and be paying the same for a vehicle you really want.
Sponsored