Sponsored

G.O.A.T Breakdown! GOAT drive modes availability for each model / trim [projected]

SaudiBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti G37
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would select 4H, Traction off, Locker off, High Throttle to avoid damaging the lockers or the transfer case with a high speed run. However, driving on tough sand dunes or very soft sand, I would switch to 4L, Rear Locker on.
In any case, If we can manually select the throttle and steering options, I would rather depend on the manual selection than on GOAT modes.
And for Baja, I don't understand why they turned the RR Locker on!
Sponsored

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You guys might be onto something. Checking the official ā€œspecsā€ they list the bronco badlands only having 7 modes not 8.

Makes me wonder why they are not including ā€œsportā€ mode.
Probably to differentiate the Badlands from the Black Diamond a little more. Sport vs. Baja GOAT mode is one of the few differences between them, especially if you Squatch both of them.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here is a full estimated breakdown of the terrain Management System in the new Bronco aka G.O.A.T. mode.

keep in mind these are only assists. And can be manually adjusted if you so choose.

View attachment 14328

also doing some digging. Couldnā€™t really find a big difference between mud and sand. Iā€™m guessing mud is going to be more aggressive.
Read somewhere that the disconnect, "reconnects" after 20 mph, true ????

What if I want to do 30 mph ????

.... and before anyone goes there I'm sure I have posted here about driving without the sway bar disconnected at speed so I won't go there now. You just have to know how to drive, it's not that bad.

2021 Bronco Testing 1.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:
OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wou
Read somewhere that the disconnect, "reconnects" after 20 mph, true ????

What if I want to do 30 mph ????

.... and before anyone goes there I'm sure I have posted here about driving without the sway bar disconnected at speed so I won't go there now. You just have to know how to drive, it's not that bad.

Ford Bronco G.O.A.T Breakdown! GOAT drive modes availability for each model / trim [projected] 2021 Bronco Testing 1
I imagine thatā€™s true. Just as a safety feature. It will disconnect once your going slow again.

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I tried doing this when the 2019 Ranger showed up with terrain management. I really couldn't find many facts. One thing I noticed was the diff lock would disengage above 20 mph. I thought it strange they would disengage it under load (do they do that). I was also told it didn't come on unless it was requested through a switch input... meaning no automatic engagement through mode selection.

This system is more advanced and could be different...

Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hereā€™s to hoping z automotive comes out with a tazer for the bronco!

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looks like Ford engineers have no experience whatsoever driving a vehicle in the sand dunes. they chose 4H, Traction control on, normal throttle and soft transmission. Hopefully they allow us to manually change those options. Someone please take one of those dudes to Glamis and show them the way (y)
You actually have a cool idea here. How about a couple of custom G.O.A.T. modes that you can set?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here is a full estimated breakdown of the terrain Management System in the new Bronco aka G.O.A.T. mode.

keep in mind these are only assists. And can be manually adjusted if you so choose.

View attachment 14328

also doing some digging. Couldnā€™t really find a big difference between mud and sand. Iā€™m guessing mud is going to be more aggressive.
Excellent info @FirstOnRaceDay, a couple of questions please:

First, so I can get the Mud GOAT mode on any trim other then Base (table 1).
Then looking at table 2, "FR Lock", in Mud mode it is locked.
Back to table 1, you show the Black Diamond has Mud mode but you can only get the Front Locker on the Black Diamond if you select the Sasquatch Package.
So the question is, does your table always assume you have the Sasquatch Package?

Second question, this the first reference I've seen to the Trans modes, Normal, Soft, Hard, can you please explain these?

BootyBanditz

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently a 2018 Silverado but reserved a 2021 base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yea im confused as to why theres even an option on the base for this. If I have a base manual non sasquatch half of this shit doesnt apply. I mean I guess I could tweak some things with a tune but with a manual and a tune you can control all of this stuff yourself. Maybe someone can explain to me better than Im understanding

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Excellent info @FirstOnRaceDay, a couple of questions please:

First, so I can get the Mud GOAT mode on any trim other then Base (table 1).
Then looking at table 2, "FR Lock", in Mud mode it is locked.
Back to table 1, you show the Black Diamond has Mud mode but you can only get the Front Locker on the Black Diamond if you select the Sasquatch Package.
So the question is, does your table always assume you have the Sasquatch Package?

Second question, this the first reference I've seen to the Trans modes, Normal, Soft, Hard, can you please explain these?
yes I forgot to include the asterisk for ā€œif equippedā€ for those lockers. But yes. Assuming Sasquatch.

transmission - the automatic transmission can shift fast or slow depending on demand and can also shift low in rpm and high rpm.

so a soft transmission would mean it would shift low in the rpm range and a nice smooth transition between gears.
And when in a ā€œweatherā€ related mode it will wait a moment to make sure you have full traction before changing gears. Vs normal that will just change as needed.

hard will shift the gears very quickly. Might even be a little rough. And will do so high up in the rev range near redline. To keep it feeling sporty.

You can always manually change gears with the +/- on the shifter in any mode if you so choose.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

where did you find sport is available on First Edition or Badlands
according to the 21_Bronco_lineup_HR.pdf they are not available on those two models

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...crossovers/bronco/pdf/21_Bronco_lineup_HR.pdf
This is the one thing that's got me asking questions about the GOAT modes. Badlands essentially has everything on it, so logically it should be as capable of a Sport mode as the other trims.

Unless GOAT modes are also somehow tied into the suspension, which appears to be specific to the Badlands and First Editions.

I know many here aren't too concerned with the GOAT modes in most cases, but I am very curious about the differences between Normal, Eco, and Sport.

My wife has a Mercedes GLC, and the different mode settings make a big difference in how it drives. - particularly in acceleration curve and steering. It even has a user-configurable setting.

Would be a little disappointed if the Badlands (which I'm leaning towards) doesn't have all of the options as some of the lower-end trims.

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is the one thing that's got me asking questions about the GOAT modes. Badlands essentially has everything on it, so logically it should be as capable of a Sport mode as the other trims.

Unless GOAT modes are also somehow tied into the suspension, which appears to be specific to the Badlands and First Editions.

I know many here aren't too concerned with the GOAT modes in most cases, but I am very curious about the differences between Normal, Eco, and Sport.

My wife has a Mercedes GLC, and the different mode settings make a big difference in how it drives. - particularly in acceleration curve and steering. It even has a user-configurable setting.

Would be a little disappointed if the Badlands (which I'm leaning towards) doesn't have all of the options as some of the lower-end trims.
Eco is a better gas mileage mode. Normal is just that normal, or all around mode. Sport is more aggressive wont upshift as fast, downshift sooner, a bit more crisp throttle response. From what I understand Baja is like sport plus mode, more aggressive than sport. The more I am learning doesn't look like the shocks are tied into the ECU at all. Looks like the only suspension part that is electronically is the sway bar disconnect. Though all these modes use data from things like wheel sensors, gyroscopes, accelerometers to adjust things like traction, braking, stability, both on the street and in different surfaces like sand, mud, snow to get the best control

A few people have talked about forscan which is a program you can make changes to the ECU and unlock hidden or disabled functions in the ECU. Though if the missing sport mode isn't hidden somewhere forscan can't create it

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Baja and Sport basically the same, correct? Other than 4H with Baja? Both aggresive.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think at this point we're just guessing, but yes. The idea is that Baja would be 4H and Sport is probably 2H.
Sponsored