First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands, 2013 Shelby, 1965 fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I placed an order 9/06/21 I’m aware I’m late to the game and will be waiting. I ordered a black badlands, 2.3, soft top, lux, tow, non sas. Was told maybe feb/March with that build. Anybody think that sounds right that may possibly be in the know. Yes I know no one really knows. Any thoughts on how much further it would push my build if I added Sasquatch. Regretting not having it. Totaled my truck and can’t wait forever though.
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

February/March is very optimistic for any bronco other than a bone stock BB 4dr softtop.

As for build constraints, no idea how constrained it will be in the 8+ months you'll probably have to wait for a build.

That being said, Badlands is the one trim where I truly think sasquatch is optional (granted it's also the trim where sas is cheapest).

Here's my rule with this kind of stuff: How long are you going to keep your bronco if it's perfect, and how long will you keep it if something's missing? An extra 2.5k if it allows you to keep a whole car for at least another 2 years comes out highly in your favor. The longer you keep your car the more money you save, so get the right car the first time, and keep it as long as you can. Don't buy a car that's 3 grand from perfect and then trade it in for a new one in 3 years.

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I placed an order 9/06/21 I’m aware I’m late to the game and will be waiting. I ordered a black badlands, 2.3, soft top, lux, tow, non sas. Was told maybe feb/March with that build. Anybody think that sounds right that may possibly be in the know. Yes I know no one really knows. Any thoughts on how much further it would push my build if I added Sasquatch. Regretting not having it. Totaled my truck and can’t wait forever though.
Well, I ordered mine on July 14th at 8am in 2020. It’s almost the exact same configuration as yours and I don’t think I’ll see it before February/March. I’d plan on a 10-12 month wait, and maybe you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By then most, if not all, soft top reservation orders will be pushed through as it is very doubtful the MIC production will be able to produce more roofs than than assembly can make Bronco's.

By the same mechanism, they will still be making soft tops next year for later reservation holders before a bunch of earlier MIC orders because they won't keep up on tops, I think the estimate of Feb/March is absolutely reasonable and may even sneak in delivery by the end of March. A lot also depends on the most important factor; your dealer's allocations. They system will reward, relatively speaking, later reservations over earlier on average. If there are 2000 similar builds in front of your time stamp, allocations give you a chance to jump in front if other dealers are out of them (or not their turn). Statistically, the odds are better for later reservations than if they did a straight time stamp build deal.

Last edited:

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have re-evaluated my Bronco choice over the last several weeks. Instead of going with a two door loaded with SAS OBX, BL or WT, model I am thinking a SAS Base, BB or BD two door auto 2.3 is the winning combo. The BD leads the pack due to the MGV interior. My thinking is being an August 2020 reservation that has not yet ordered, and with the commodity restraints on my original choices, I most likely won’t own a Bronco this time next year. With finding a Bronco on the lot close to my original choice probably next to impossible plus most likely having ADM attached to the price, I would be better off ordering one of the lower optioned models , and also buying a Sport. I would pay basically what they are demanding for an off the lot BL for two vehicles and would most likely be able to acquire them relatively soon. I am waiting until the MY 22 orders to make the final call, but it makes more sense to me at this stage of the game. Wife uses the Sport for everyday use, and the two door SAS Bronco is our toy.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I HIGHLY doubt your order comes through before late summer or fall next year. I'm thinking Feb/March on my order that was reserved in 7/14 last year. The vast majority of all orders got pushed to next year and there's a huge line in front of you.

OP
OP

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What’s a realistic production number for how many they can produce. How many have actually been ordered. Anyone know if they were producing normally how long it would take just to catch up to the backlog of orders already done? Also, do they build reservations without an order for said reservation being placed? I didn’t do a reservation, I just went in 9/6/21 and ordered one

OP
OP

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I HIGHLY doubt your order comes through before late summer or fall next year. I'm thinking Feb/March on my order that was reserved in 7/14 last year. The vast majority of all orders got pushed to next year and there's a huge line in front of you.
What did u order?

OP
OP

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I ordered mine on July 14th at 8am in 2020. It’s almost the exact same configuration as yours and I don’t think I’ll see it before February/March. I’d plan on a 10-12 month wait, and maybe you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
Will it really take 10-12 months to catch up on non mic orders?

OP
OP

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And what does op on my pic block mean?

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP means "Original Poster"

Ford has always claimed 5500-6500 a week depending on overtime Saturdays if commodities are available. Even with people switching to soft tops to get a vehicle sooner, we are still way over 70% MIC tops ordered. They will get a late reservation soft top like yours done well before they get the MIC orders finished. Let's say they can build 3000 MIC tops a week, that is the potential for 2000 plus soft tops, with the ratio of soft/hard orders, they will be running out of reservation order soft tops and getting into dealer stock soft tops long before MIC reservations are filled. You will get it a lot sooner than the naysayers, unless Ford pulls some more of their legendary fuckery on the reservation holders as has been known to happen 100% of the time on this launch...

OP
OP

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP means "Original Poster"

Ford has always claimed 5500-6500 a week depending on overtime Saturdays if commodities are available. Even with people switching to soft tops to get a vehicle sooner, we are still way over 70% MIC tops ordered. They will get a late reservation soft top like yours done well before they get the MIC orders finished. Let's say they can build 3000 MIC tops a week, that is the potential for 2000 plus soft tops, with the ratio of soft/hard orders, they will be running out of reservation order soft tops and getting into dealer stock soft tops long before MIC reservations are filled. You will get it a lot sooner than the naysayers, unless Ford pulls some more of their legendary fuckery on the reservation holders as has been known to happen 100% of the time on this launch...
How bad would it hurt me to add Sasquatch?

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First night reservation and first day order, hopefully I'll get my Badlands with SAS by next summer........expectations are extremely low though.

OP
OP

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Btw, my order is a soft top.
I get there’s been tremendous delay. Once they start cranking them out, later
Orders Aren’t going to have the same timetable as the early ones. What that time table is I don’t know. Just like no one knows how many hard tops they have now, how fast they are making them, or how long til they run out and are building strictly soft tops til they make more hard tops. Or can the hard top production keep up to push out strictly hard tops. No one knows I suppose. I really am just trying to find out how much longer Sasquatch would delay my build
Sponsored