First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Journey
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm deciding between the Base with Sasquatch and the Black Diamond without Sasquatch. I like the aggressive look of the tires etc on the Sasquatch, but will probably only take it on the beach. I like the vinyl seats and ability to washout the Black Diamond but i'm not sure how the 32" Black Diamond tires will look vs the stance and 35" tires of the Sasquatch. Will it be noticeably different? Appreciate any thoughts!
Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The pricing is very close. I priced a BaseSquatch vs the Black Diamond an it's within $1300. The BaseSquatch gives you a front locker, the Advanced 4x4 auto is a $795 option on the BD if you want it.
The BaseSquatch is a better drivetrain value. The BD has the vinyl interior if you want that...
Your choice is based on personal preference.

I wish the Base had more wheel/tire/locker options without jumping to the Squatch, but it is what it is, at least for 2021.

Kludge

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would prefer a base mansquatch but there's a lot of uncertainty of whether those will be available in 2021. Black diamond manual would be available much sooner so I'm entertaining that possibility now.

Hopefully someone can clarify what late availability means for ordering by January.

theguda

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if 35's can be put on the BD without much (or any) mods or a lift. If so...that would be a very sweet spot for a lot of people. Essentially get the Sasquatch look at a much lower cost. It would be an extra bonus for people who wanted a manual Sasquatch but don't want to wait.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Depends on if your asking 4 door or 2 door and if you want an Automatic or not.

Just put the third set of tires and only 2nd set of brakes on our 06 Mustang since we bought it. 35s drive long term costs on rubber and brakes up quite a bit. If you are selling in 3 or 4 years not a thing, but if you keep your rigs until they are totaled or worn out it can be.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if 35's can be put on the BD without much (or any) mods or a lift. If so...that would be a very sweet spot for a lot of people. Essentially get the Sasquatch look at a much lower cost. It would be an extra bonus for people who wanted a manual Sasquatch but don't want to wait.
That is the appeal the BL trim- buy it with the 33s and then when they need replaced put 35s on...
It basically already has everything you would need to do it...

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am thinking about starting out with the cheapest of lifts to start.

By combining a 1 3/4" or so leveling kit ( to get rid of the factory CAFE rake.
Then add a small and subtle 1" body lift for extra tire clearance, if needed.

It would still need bigger up travel bump stops in the rear.

But that will get me by for clearing 35"s until the shocks wear out.
Then go to a proper spring only lift paired with premium shocks.

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is the appeal the BL trim- buy it with the 33s and then when they need replaced put 35s on...
It basically already has everything you would need to do it...
The BL trim is significantly higher. I am torn between BL and BD. I would go with the BD if I could get the 17" Aluminum Wheel 33" wheels as an option that is available on the BL.

I could live with the $995 upgrade wheels on the BD if I am able to put 33" tires when they need to be replaced. Does anybody know if that would work on the BD without any additional modifications?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The BL trim is significantly higher. I am torn between BL and BD. I would go with the BD if I could get the 17" Aluminum Wheel 33" wheels as an option that is available on the BL.

I could live with the $995 upgrade wheels on the BD if I am able to put 33" tires when they need to be replaced. Does anybody know if that would work on the BD without any additional modifications?
I agree
I like the upgraded wheels in the BD but would like to upgrade the tires to 33s without any issues with rubbing

JAM

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m debating these two options as well. The prices are very close, so it may come down to how much longer the wait is for manual Sasquatch.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mdouble

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Journey
Your Bronco Model
Base
Depends on if your asking 4 door or 2 door and if you want an Automatic or not.

Just put the third set of tires and only 2nd set of brakes on our 06 Mustang since we bought it. 35s drive long term costs on rubber and brakes up quite a bit. If you are selling in 3 or 4 years not a thing, but if you keep your rigs until they are totaled or worn out it can be.
I am going with a 2 door, and either automatic or manual is fine. The automatic would be nice to have. I plan to keep the Bronco for a long time. Do you mean the 35s will cause the brakes to wear out faster?

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm deciding between the Base with Sasquatch and the Black Diamond without Sasquatch. I like the aggressive look of the tires etc on the Sasquatch, but will probably only take it on the beach. I like the vinyl seats and ability to washout the Black Diamond but i'm not sure how the 32" Black Diamond tires will look vs the stance and 35" tires of the Sasquatch. Will it be noticeably different? Appreciate any thoughts!
You can build a base w/ Sasquatch, auto, 2.7, modular front bumper/bash plates, sound deadening top, aux switches, brush guard, and rock rails for about $40k. The BD will cost closer to $45k w/ Sasquatch, but you can't get sound deadening or the brush guard. Most of the add-on for the base are standard on BD. Just don't get the rubber flooring or vinyl seats.

OP
OP

Mdouble

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Journey
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can build a base w/ Sasquatch, auto, 2.7, modular front bumper/bash plates, sound deadening top, aux switches, brush guard, and rock rails for about $40k. The BD will cost closer to $45k w/ Sasquatch, but you can't get sound deadening or the brush guard. Most of the add-on for the base are standard on BD. Just don't get the rubber flooring or vinyl seats.
Yeah i think it comes down to how much I want the rubber flooring/vinyl seats vs the Sasquatch tires and wheels. Also just realized the Base doesnt even come with interior grab handles?? Damn, hoping they can be added later though
Sponsored