Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Someone please lay out an allocation system that best balances all reservations (at big and small dealerships), supply constraints, and makes logistical sense.

There aren't enough vehicles for everyone that wants them, there are going to be people that don't get them when they want them end of story. So many are complaining about how they need to allocate in a better way, but there is literally no solutions thrown out.

I'm an early reservation at a small dealership and would love to get my BD, Sasquatch, Hardtop, 2.7 as soon as possible, but I am also aware that there are a ton of other customers also waiting for the same thing and some will get it before me.

All customers are customers whether they buy from a big or small dealership.
Sponsored

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I long for the day when Ford told us reserved orders would all be built before dealer stock.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Who was more upset about the "firesale" guys? Ford was. That's a fact. They didn't spend billions of dollars to release a highly anticipated vehicle and then want their dealers to devalue it immediately. I've said it before, they were very extremely unhappy about what happened. It was one of the biggest reasons Farley himself even cancelled the x-plan offer on Bronco.
As you obviously recall, Ford made that fact very clear.

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My logic is that many people are allegedly unhappy with traditional distribution. Ford modified to to make it more competitive for the customer, and those folks are unhappy that they're not being built in exactly the order of timestamp. It would be incredibly inefficient to build them that way.

If this was the normal way that Ford distributed production, you would have seen markups on every Bronco, not just the ones that shake free. This system allowed you as a consumer to shop dealers for the best deal on a factory order, under the old system that wasn't really possible.
I think you would agree that Ford has repeatedly changed the rules of the game in the last 14 months. None of those changes has hurt large dealers, but many of the those changes have hurt small dealers and early reservation holders.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford needs to build the orders in the order they were received. That is the only fair thing to do. If I see a retail order at a dealer before I get my Bronco that wasnt a reservation I will be looking at a Jeep!!!!!
I can just imagine the laughter at Jeep headquarters when they hear about this allocation process. My guess is they will be preparing to ramp up production. I bought my '19 Jeep with the plans that it would be a holdover until I could get my Bronco. But if these numbers are true, and Ford has decided that big dealers are more imortant than the promise they made to us reservation holders, then screw 'em. I'll just keep my Jeep. It's been a great ride, and I don't need a Bronco. I just want one. But, I'm not going to be screwed without even a peck on the cheek just to get that Bronco.

Sponsored

94Bravo

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150, 2014 Lexus IS350, 2008 Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
shocking that they continue to ignore the original promise, the one that most folks paid $100 to get in on, about building in reservation order instead of allocations first. I am so disillusioned.... (is there an eye-roll button on here someplace?)
When I cancelled my Bronco order Ford silently refunded that $100.00. Not a sorry or what happened? They know they suck.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For someone who has been here since last July I’m shocked you’re this clueless. Of course it’s true, when has anything this site posted not been released by Ford later? Come on now.
But my dealer said.....🤣🤣🤣

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reminder to the thread, if Farley hadn’t eliminated the X-Plan this wouldn’t be an issue. This one change panicked customers about price (that was previously set via X-Plan).

Dealers didn’t respond, maybe didn’t know how to respond. Orders were shifted like crazy, as was mine. Now Ford is bending over backward to make that right for all these dealers who did a shit job of managing their customers and thus saw orders flee to smaller, more responsive dealers.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All I can say is that If my MY 2021 order gets pushed to 2023 due to dealership allocation, then I'm out.
Same. I will likely get forced into purchasing a different vehicle as my current one is getting up there in mileage.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is interesting to note how the Toyota dealers in my area have taken note of what is happening with the Ford dealers. They have a new banner on their home page which states.
REFUSE TO PAY OVER MSRP! | YOU WILL NEVER PAY MORE THAN MSRP AT JAFFARIAN TOYOTA.

New 2021 Toyota & Used Toyota Dealership in Haverhill MA | Near Andover MA, Methuen MA, Lawrence MA & Salem NH (jaffarian-toyota.com)

I will remember this.
With a little research, you can find Ford dealers offering the same. Mine for example sells at MSRP on all vehicles.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've tried to explain this before, but it seems to fall on deaf ears around here.

Allocation does not equal build sequence.

Production has to be divvied out. Shouldn't the dealers who sell more cars (and by extension, usually have more reservations) get more of the overall production? There will be some outliers (like Granger) who sell less cars, but have large reservation numbers. I believe this to be a small number of dealers. Product distribution is not easy when you have 3300+ dealers across the country. I'm sure that this allocation formula is a balancing act to make sure that there aren't shipping bottlenecks or large swaths of customers waiting, and so the flow out of the factory is as fast as possible.

Nothing has changed. Ford is still going to build roughly in order of reservation. As I've said from the very beginning, commodity constraints will have the biggest effect on production sequence!

*EDIT:

I've said it before and I will say it again. I applaud Ford for using a reservation system. While it was ambitious, it largely curbed dealer markups to this point. Many people on here are getting caught up in the distribution, but this system is far better than the alternative.
From your mouth to the Ford Gods ears Sean. I've bought nothing but Fords for my daily drivers since 1986 (10 to be exact. The Bronco would be 11). I know that means nothing to Ford, but it does to me. And I'm tellin' ya, I'm not the happiest camper right now. So, I hope you are right my friend.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Says the guy working at a California dealership who likely sells WAY more cars than all the dealerships in my low population state. This is not an even distribution to the 3300 dealerships, but based on sales over the past three years + allocations and +Bronco Sport sales. ALL three of those allocation metrics have to do with volume of the dealership. Small dealerships that had WAY more reservations than allocations AND did NOT receive their 2021 deliveries will not have a chance to compete for the allocations with a high volume dealership that did receive MORE cars based on sales volume separate from the Bronco brand line. We cannot change dealerships now that we have placed our 2021 orders and keep our reservation time stamp/price protection.

To put it more blunt - you know the numbers, but do not share them - OR - you do not know the numbers, and are making it up as you go. Which is it?

I have a July 15 reservation, but see many posts of people who received their vehicle from reservations WAY after mine. I'm just one of thousands like this and keep getting REALLY frustrated at Ford for doing ANYTHING but building to the reservation sequence. Dealers have twisted Ford into this situation where reservation matter less and less. This point I doubt Ford will ever go to the build-to-order system because the dealers will find a way to ruin the experience for everyone.

Allocations never related to build sequence. You are conflating the reservations with allocations. We are frustrated at the allocation model Ford is using to squeeze out smaller dealerships from getting Broncos. Somethin I don't think you have as much of a problem with in your area.

We're not that big of a dealer by volume, actually. The 3 year will hurt us, but we feel we'll make it up with our big reservation push (thanks to B6G in large part).

I didn't say it was even distribution, and it's not intended to be. Smaller dealers don't usually have the volume, and as I alluded to, would likely have less reservations. As I stated, there are certainly going to be outliers in small towns that have large reservation numbers, but that is the exception, not the rule. FWIW, we had 152 allocated and 700+ reservations. The reservation number is higher than allocations at every dealership, that's a function of the demand on the vehicle, not Ford's distribution system.

Your reservation is a piece of the puzzle, an edge piece, surely, but not the whole picture. Without knowing everything about your dealer's allocation, your build, builds like yours, location, and all the other factors. I have soft tops that were ordered in April 2021 get built, because Ford nearly ran out of soft top orders (and they were basic builds, as Ford told us the commodities that would make it buildable).

"I'm just one of thousands like this and keep getting REALLY frustrated at Ford for doing ANYTHING but building to the reservation sequence. Dealers have twisted Ford into this situation where reservation matter less and less."
I explained this already, and was the point of the first post I made. Building strictly in order of reservation timestamp is extremely inefficient. It has nothing to do with the dealers themselves, it has everything to do with commodities and location. You might have back to back builds on different sides of the country, one of those builds would have to wait until it can go on a train to a distribution port near the final destination. There is way more nuance to vehicle production and delivery than you're making it out to be, which is why the allocation is formulated the way it is.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone please lay out an allocation system that best balances all reservations (at big and small dealerships), supply constraints, and makes logistical sense.

There aren't enough vehicles for everyone that wants them, there are going to be people that don't get them when they want them end of story. So many are complaining about how they need to allocate in a better way, but there is literally no solutions thrown out.

I'm an early reservation at a small dealership and would love to get my BD, Sasquatch, Hardtop, 2.7 as soon as possible, but I am also aware that there are a ton of other customers also waiting for the same thing and some will get it before me.

All customers are customers whether they buy from a big or small dealership.
How many people stated that they build them in the order of the reservation?

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I get being unhappy, but I also haven't seen a single post of someone laying out a better formula that actually makes business sense. Reservations are still going to be held up by constraints so as they crank out soft tops and easy to make vehicles they have to go somewhere and sending them to dealers that reach a lot of customers makes sense.
You haven't seen a better formula?

Fill 100% of reservations before you start cranking out other orders. What could be simpler than that?

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How many people stated that they build them in the order of the reservation?
I think that is where the "makes logistical sense" comes in. If they built broncos by reservations their output would be extremely small. Saying "build in order of reservation" is not in anyway an actual plan. That's like me saying "Why doesn't Ford just build them all faster and give us our Bronco's right now".

The excess broncos that are going to be built while waiting for resources have to get allocated somewhere so there has to be a plan for those as well.
Sponsored