First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got our 2024 Bronco Allocation numbers, ours looks to be about the same as 23 so that's good news.

I had concerns we might loose production with the new Ranger coming on line at the plant.

Hopefully dealers will end up with more since all Fords estimates account for planned some % of production loss (parts shortages, UAW strike, etc, so if those don't happen, dealers will get more than their estimate.

They also give the dealer an estimate of commodities and how many of their allocations should be able to get them. I can't post them, but as you'd guess they are about what you'd guess based on weekly production posts here, looks like hard top continues to improve, but will still be an issue. I still don't know if mod top the reason for this or or not, it will be interesting to see the the order guides on Monday. Some of the commodities I question even being an issue, 2 door for example, I think the limit is likely about the same as demand so I'm hopeful we'll just get down to a few key issues on orders.
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Did you have to negotiate any 24 allocations to get your 23ā€™s or were you not in that situation?

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any particular reason why dealers donā€™t like sharing how many allocations they have? Will never understand why they treat it like highest level of government clearance needed. Iā€™m curious what sort of allocations Granger was actually allowed?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any particular reason why dealers donā€™t like sharing how many allocations they have? Will never understand why they treat it like highest level of government clearance needed. Iā€™m curious what sort of allocations Granger was actually allowed?
Information is power.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what was your allocation for 23? How many customer orders were you able to fill?

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Be curious to know what other models ā€˜ any make ā€˜ have this level of complexities for a model for lack of a better word..I am just a end user lol..but this seems so complex for a relatively simple suv / truck..maybe im wrong but is / are there these issues across all makes of mfgs down to a specific model..

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you have to negotiate any 24 allocations to get your 23ā€™s or were you not in that situation?
We got 1 extra 24 due to loosing 1 23 to another dealer, so not much affect for us, in the broadcast they had one dealer ask what would happen if they had as many 24 debit allocations (due to getting extra 23's) as they had allocations, and they were told that would be rare, only a few dealers, but they'd have no allocations in that situation. They did tell them they could get some if production ends up not loosing (chip shortage, strike, etc) and the % they saved out to cover this will be allocated if that happens then they'd get some. Other than the looming UAW contracts, I see a high likelyhood that that production will happen, strike is the biggest fear I have on this front and from my viewpoint, both sides have strong reasons not to give.

Be curious to know what other models ā€˜ any make ā€˜ have this level of complexities for a model for lack of a better word..I am just a end user lol..but this seems so complex for a relatively simple suv / truck..maybe im wrong but is / are there these issues across all makes of mfgs down to a specific model..
Pretty much everything is like this on the commodity front, Bronco is cake compared to Transit, start adding all the options it has and it only takes one to block you from production.

Normally on a retail order it isn't a problem, on most lines if you order, your first in line for the commodities ahead of stock and fleet so no problem, that's why even in normal times finding certain things on the lot is hard, retails take them first. It's just right now many lines are almost all retails (Bronco, Super Duty, Transit), so instead of being 5% of the orders its 50% or more, retail advantage isn't there like normal.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

We got 1 extra 24 due to loosing 1 23 to another dealer, so not much affect for us, in the broadcast they had one dealer ask what would happen if they had as many 24 debit allocations (due to getting extra 23's) as they had allocations, and they were told that would be rare, only a few dealers, but they'd have no allocations in that situation. They did tell them they could get some if production ends up not loosing (chip shortage, strike, etc) and the % they saved out to cover this will be allocated if that happens then they'd get some. Other than the looming UAW contracts, I see a high likelyhood that that production will happen, strike is the biggest fear I have on this front and from my viewpoint, both sides have strong reasons not to give.

Pretty much everything is like this on the commodity front, Bronco is cake compared to Transit, start adding all the options it has and it only takes one to block you from production.

Normally on a retail order it isn't a problem, on most lines if you order, your first in line for the commodities ahead of stock and fleet so no problem, that's why even in normal times finding certain things on the lot is hard, retails take them first. It's just right now many lines are almost all retails (Bronco, Super Duty, Transit), so instead of being 5% of the orders its 50% or more, retail advantage isn't there like normal.
When does the UAW contract expire? I'm still stuck in production!

Sponsored
OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
September 14th is contract expiration, past years only 1 of the 3 would be targeted and go on strike (Sep 15 2019 was GM strike for 40 days). This year the UAW has said they'll be targeting all three at once, but time will tell.

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Probably a similar reason to why you donā€™t like to tell them the maximum youā€™re willing to pay for a vehicle, and how much up the ass youā€™re willing to take it. šŸ˜‚

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m definitely not shy to tell them the max Iā€™ll pay and I have only paid msrp once on last gen mustang on first day dealer had new model available but they paid off a focus that was barely a few months used. The past 6 years I usually just spend 5 mins at an actual dealer just to pick up as the deal will have been done remotely.

Probably a similar reason to why you donā€™t like to tell them the maximum youā€™re willing to pay for a vehicle, and how much up the ass youā€™re willing to take it. šŸ˜‚

Hunger&SharkTooth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What are people hearing about 2024 raptor over msrp asks? I just got added to my dealers list at $25k over MSRP
Sponsored