Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here is the official email from Ford to the Dealer....

Greetings Bill Currie Ford,

We will begin converting all 21MY Bronco retail orders to 22MY on behalf of the dealers. However, because we will not have a First Edition for the 22MY, those orders are not able to be converted, and without action would be lost.

Dealer Action Required:
  • Due by COB Thursday 10/7 (the system will start converting Friday morning, so it must be done Thursday)
  • Dealers to change their 21MY Bronco First Edition retail orders OUT of a First Edition (E5E or E5F) – see below table
    • It is recommended by the brand team that the orders be converted to a Badlands order, however any buildable order will work
    • Move orders to a 99 Priority Code
    • This will allow systems to automatically convert the order in the USOB from a 21MY to a 22MY
    • All orders will be converted to a 99 Priority Code to make sure nothing schedules on error
    • The dealer / customer can change the order once the new order is in the 22MY USOB
  • If dealers fail to convert the orders, the orders will be cancelled and the Timestamp will be lost
Again, (and I'm assuming at this point since you haven't provided much information about your order or conversations with the dealership), if you had a DUAL or MOD top on your FE order, your order was 99'd. After that, if you never told your dealer you wanted to switch to the available MIC top, it stayed in the 99 status and will never be built. Hence, the email your dealership received and communicated to you.

So, unless you can prove that you told your dealership you wanted to switch to the MIC top so it can be built this year, and they did not do so, you won't have much ammo for your fight in trying to get a FE built at this point.

Yes, the dealer could have done a better job touching base with you, but the same can be said for you. Especially after not receiving a build date / VIN / blend date, etc., by now.

The thread shared by @Ares ultimately shows the (girl, I think) admitting she initially had the MOD top ordered. However, from my understanding after reading, she never switched the top, which led her to be 99'd. You both may be in similar situations.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does your letter contain any dates or timeframe on when the MY21 to MY22 conversion is supposed to begin? I noticed OP's letter stated conversion would start tomorrow (Friday) morning but that detail was absent from the portion of the doc you posted.
No, the rest of this document is just a table with the affected FE orders for a certain dealer and the zone reps signature and contact info.

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There is detail in that email the dealer left out. I have sanitized this to only include the info, but your dealers email would include your reservation and the issue it had.

FE8F8321-6D43-4A91-B725-CA48FA4109BD.jpeg
Number 3. Way to call out the fake dealer orders 😂

OP
OP
JesseFSU

JesseFSU

Raptor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Hybrid 4x4 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@Administrator The title to this thread is click-baity and gonna cause a lot of drama.

His dealer screwed him and Ford said nothing about remaining First Editions being cancelled.

Just kinda getting tired of all this negative attention from misinformation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Click bait??? Dude, have you read the entire thread? Emails from Ford? This is NOT fake news. I'm not seeking drama, just options for a solution. Based on communication from my dealer, I was told to pick a new 2022 model year or lose my order because Ford can't build all the FE's. I'm sure they screwed me based on feedback from this thread. This is not misinformation or negative attention...it's direct communication from a dealer.
I'm very appreciative of the feedback from everyone, it's helped point me in the right direction for help.

OP
OP
JesseFSU

JesseFSU

Raptor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Hybrid 4x4 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Again, (and I'm assuming at this point since you haven't provided much information about your order or conversations with the dealership), if you had a DUAL or MOD top on your FE order, your order was 99'd. After that, if you never told your dealer you wanted to switch to the available MIC top, it stayed in the 99 status and will never be built. Hence, the email your dealership received and communicated to you.

So, unless you can prove that you told your dealership you wanted to switch to the MIC top so it can be built this year, and they did not do so, you won't have much ammo for your fight in trying to get a FE built at this point.

Yes, the dealer could have done a better job touching base with you, but the same can be said for you. Especially after not receiving a build date / VIN / blend date, etc., by now.

The thread shared by @Ares ultimately shows the (girl, I think) admitting she initially had the MOD top ordered. However, from my understanding after reading, she never switched the top, which led her to be 99'd. You both may be in similar situations.
Great feedback...thank you. I did communicate with the dealer about Ford's decision to only build FE's with MIC tops.
Thanks again

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Click bait??? Dude, have you read the entire thread? Emails from Ford? This is NOT fake news. I'm not seeking drama, just options for a solution. Based on communication from my dealer, I was told to pick a new 2022 model year or lose my order because Ford can't build all the FE's. I'm sure they screwed me based on feedback from this thread. This is not misinformation or negative attention...it's direct communication from a dealer.
I'm very appreciative of the feedback from everyone, it's helped point me in the right direction for help.
There are way too many of you in this ugly situation. The only possible way this can work out is for many of you to contact Ford so they can see this was not your intent to abandon the FE reservation and maybe they change the course of action. Long shot but I would be banging on doors.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sooooo..... per Ford MY22 will convert and roll over without a hitch right?..... RIGHT?!?!
I for one, intend to be asking for a DORA from my dealer on Wednesday. I have no faith the transfer process will happen accurately.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the key word in contention here is "can't". Ford was committed to making all the FEs this year. They ran their production scheduler to complete out the MY and there were FEs that were unbuildable for some reason. If those orders had been buildable Ford would of delivered the FE.

For your dealer to say they were told Ford "can't" build all the FEs is misleading.

Sponsored

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks, doesn't necessarily sound this way in this case, but it seems a lot of dealers who won't even see the bronco vehicle hit their lot for 1-2 years don't have the time or need or incentive to contact reservation holders for periodic temperature checks
You nailed it! Some or most dealers focus on what is on their lot that they can sell!! Some times they may think about what is on the truck and arriving soon, but even they they dont count on what they can't see. And in this market they are making great money on used cars and trade ins. Why do they care about us whining reservation holders that may choose to not even buy the vehicle that we ordered. Also we all want the truck at or below MSRP so they know they won't make any money on us. Time is money and we are wasting their time with a promise to buy a vehicle that doesn't exist....

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Didn't all the FE reservations tap-out on the first day?? Pathetic...
Did they even hit the original 3500?
The number of FE reservations was actually 7000. Ford will actually build a lot less than that, but it’s because reservation holders decided to order another trim, not order a Bronco at all, 99 their order to wait for a mod top or dual top, or in these cases we’ve seen last couple days the dealer made an error in the order bank.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This explains why they had free time to build my 4 door Badlands Sasquatch instead finishing the FE's... Thanks, I guess. Sorry to the guys once again screwed by their dealership. Very common theme recently.. Hopefully not too many fall under this.
Sponsored