Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not gonna lie, that seems like something other than vandalism... I assume you'd have noticed if it was there beforehand?
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I recently washed and dried the whole vehicle. I wiped down all the surfaces with a microfiber cloth. It was not there. I have barley driven it because I'm getting stealth ppf on it next week.
Sorry about the stealth PPF, but can you confirm that mark is down into the paint?

By any chance is it material transfer from a rubber sealing gasket or by some weird chance does the rear doors leading edge contact the C-pillar there?

Just spitballing hoping for the best case scenario and it isn't from being keyed.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My crazy ex lives in Florida now. I'm in Ohio. I should be safe after I get it.

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was wondering when we'd start seeing reports. My first year (1998) New Beetle was keyed (big stripe) about 2 weeks after delivery, and then again about 2 weeks after I moved to a new city in a different state (small town, a couple years later). Some people are just that jealous and petty. Price of having nice things I guess. Sorry your Bronco got defaced.

OP
OP
BL2.7SAS4DR

BL2.7SAS4DR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry about the stealth PPF, but can you confirm that mark is down into the paint?

By any chance is it material transfer from a rubber sealing gasket or by some weird chance does the rear doors leading edge contact the C-pillar there?

Just spitballing hoping for the best case scenario and it isn't from being keyed.
I examined opening and closing the doors. There's nothing that comes close to making contact. The scratch goes all the way to the body.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BL2.7SAS4DR

BL2.7SAS4DR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Scratch from Factory 20211026_165029
Ford Bronco Scratch from Factory 20211026_165021

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My first year (1998) New Beetle was keyed (big stripe) about 2 weeks after delivery, and then again about 2 weeks after I moved to a new city in a different state (small town, a couple years later).
Are you a person who can’t see the paint marks on the road when there are two left-turning lanes? Maybe it’s the paint on the ground in parking stalls? Find your turn or exit too late and expect everyone else to wait? Could be a lot of things, unjustified but still other possibilities nonetheless.

Source: I drive in Los Angeles.

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are you a person who can’t see the paint marks on the road when there are two left-turning lanes? Maybe it’s the paint on the ground in parking stalls? Find your turn or exit too late and expect everyone else to wait? Could be a lot of things, unjustified but still other possibilities nonetheless.

Source: I drive in Los Angeles.
No, Jeremy, I'm not. Is there a reason you want to take a shot at my driving and parking when I'm trying to commiserate with someone over getting a new car keyed?

Source: I've driven LA. Lived there for a few years in college and grad school. Many other places as well. I recognize the distinct pattern of someone walking past a car with a sharp object scraping down the side.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, Jeremy, I'm not. Is there a reason you want to take a shot at my driving and parking when I'm trying to commiserate with someone over getting a new car keyed?

Source: I've driven LA. Lived there for a few years in college and grad school. Many other places as well. I recognize the distinct pattern of someone walking past a car with a sharp object scraping down the side.
Uhh, I was just saying I’ve seen a lot of dumb confrontations between strangers on the road and in parking lots, and it usually starts like that. I haven’t had any issues with getting keyed but I’m also a super defensive driver and usually just let people go.

Sponsored

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does a key even fit down in that gap? Seems weird that someone would go through the effort to key your vehicle and then do it in an area that you wont see 90% of the time. Are we sure that wasn't there from the factory?
I think he was saying it happened when he had the doors off.

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Uhh, I was just saying I’ve seen a lot of dumb confrontations between strangers on the road and in parking lots, and it usually starts like that. I haven’t had any issues with getting keyed but I’m also a super defensive driver and usually just let people go.
I appreciate your trying to give context around how I set myself up to be keyed; your response connects the dots.

I hope you don't get keyed. :cool:

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I appreciate your trying to give context around how I set myself up to be keyed; your response connects the dots.

I hope you don't get keyed. :cool:
It should be obvious that no one is keying anyone’s car for no reason. I just thought maybe this thread was ignoring the very real possibility that there could be an impetus to all this beyond it being a new Bronco, as you suggested.

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry about that.
I'm glad we live in South Florida.
People are out of control, with no one to enforce the laws.
Lou
So, nobody ever gets keyed in south florida?
Sponsored