Sponsored

What is is about the Bronco that brings out the haters?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You are paying for the hard core off road hardware not a Lexus interior. Personally I think a Lexus interior or anything like it would blow the whole theme, just my opinion. I looked at a used Mercedes GL SUV awhile back on craigslist, interior plushed out to the max wood and all -- didn't do anything for me. You can get a Bronco for low thirties. My base 4-door priced at $37K with some nice options thrown in. A 2Dr significantly less.
Not everyone understands what they are paying for. You can go back over the past year or two on this forum and see that.

I don't disagree with you....I feel the pricing is in line with the product.
Sponsored

OP
OP
markregel

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have my Bronco and love it, but two cup holders in a 5 passenger vehicle is a flipping crime :)
The difference is you're not using it to trash the entire vehicle.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It doesn't have a Lexus interior.
I don't think anyone expects a Lexus interior. But maybe some better interior plastics than those used in a '94 Pontiac would be a reasonable expectation?

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The same behavior that Facebook cultivates with their algorithm. People get off on controversy. The way the forum is setup, with "new"threads buried, with "latest" and "most viewed" taking front and center, means that the most controversial will rise to the top...again, and again, and again.

OP
OP
markregel

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not everyone understands what they are paying for. You can go back over the past year or two on this forum and see that.

I don't disagree with you....I feel the pricing is in line with the product.
Agree especially when you compare a Rubicon with base Sasquatch.

Broncodude@

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I dont think there is any comparison. A Maverick is a modified minivan where the Bronco is a fully functional off road beast or mall crawler, or both! I understand where you are coming from although I cannot see a comparison. Maybe to Ridgline or Santa Fe, but, not the Bronco. Also… the anger is from lack of communication after months and years go by after ordering… but, thats been covered extensively.

OP
OP
markregel

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would say it has to do with the fact that this is definitely the worst automotive launch in history. On top of that, Ford has lacked transparency the entire time and made promises they failed to deliver on over and over.

Personally I'm furious because I based decisions on the thinking that Ford would follow through on their promise to have the Broncos to day 1 reservation holders in Spring. I did not replace my current leased F-150 like I would have done, I instead extended to wait for the Bronco. I'm now stuck because the price of new and used vehicles has gone through the roof and the end of my F-150 lease is coming.

Now where is Ford to make things right? They are pretending nothing is going on and refusing to acknowledge whatever new major issue has got all these Broncos in holding. Instead of being transparent, they are suppressing the sources of information that were giving us hints at what was truly going on.

The only reason they ever spoke up about the MIC tops is because everyone already knew about it and media outlets were reporting on it.
Nah the worst automotive launch in history is one nobody wants.

Sponsored

BroncBear05

Base
First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger $X$
Your Bronco Model
Base
Probably because the Maverick folks haven’t had their vehicle dangled in front of them, like a carrot, for over a year. Then continually get yanked away right as we are about to get it.
Ditto!!!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree with you and your frustration to a certain extent. I think about it like this— you should never quit your job before finding a new one and have already signed on the dotted line. With the Bronco, people should keep a vehicle until they have purchased their Bronco and it is sitting right in front of them. Anything else is a gamble.
The job analogy is interesting and I agree. But when I quit (sold my Jeep) my new 'employer' said I could start next Monday (June 21) then delayed until July 23, OK, I can make it. Now I haven't heard a word since, other than I might be able to start in October, wrong again.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
there's a much greater degree of frustration with the bronco rollout, not just the delays but also the failure to meet goals like getting the B&P up when they say they will or getting us an email with an estimate of the wait. The maverick rollout has been much smoother and if you want one, you can order one to get here in 4-6 months or get one from a dealer to some degree. good luck trying either of those with a bronco. also the maverick has a less disappointing interior and hasn't had the build quality issues at least as yet

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a Maverick... Lol. There's nothing cool or exciting about it. It's just filling a hole.
Sponsored