Sponsored

What is is about the Bronco that brings out the haters?

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The same behavior that Facebook cultivates with their algorithm. People get off on controversy. The way the forum is setup, with "new"threads buried, with "latest" and "most viewed" taking front and center, means that the most controversial will rise to the top...again, and again, and again.
That's why I go straight to new threads!
Sponsored

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After a while of waiting, seeing other folks get theirs when they ordered after you did, driving one off road and on road, the general coolness of the vehicle, I'm sure I'm a bit
Ford Bronco What is is about the Bronco that brings out the haters? NOW

But don't confuse wanting the Bronco as hating on the bronco. It's more of running out of patience with Ford, the delays, and messing up distribution.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been a member of this and other vehicle forums including the Maverick. Something about the Bronco brings out the haters you don't find with the others. For example on the Maverick forum they discuss things like interior quality, production delays, etc. without the usual hate mongers screaming about Ford never doing anything right. The discussions take on a completely different tone. You would think a vehicle as unique as the Bronco with special design and manufacturing challenges would be given some leeway, but every little issue is an example of how the entire vehicle is crap, Ford is Crap and Ford never built a quality vehicle. Why is this? The Maverick is a Ford too. Is it because Bronco people are brilliant engineers and experts in auto production? I have my own ideas....
I suspect if the Bronco roll out went more smoothly and folks did not feel that the reservation system was administered unfairly, there would be less motivation to be hyper critical. As has been stated, many, if not most, Bronco order holders are enthusiasts, who have high standards for the product they are passionate about.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just look at everyone complaining about how wimpy the Badlands looks with only 33s. How beefy and tough the Sasquatch looks.
And, there are these people who get on here that really like to hear themselves talk. Makes them feel all smart and important!

Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some of us think the interior plastics are just fine.
Yeah I have the Bronco parked next to our JT in the garage. The interior design is really nice. The plastic is not, especially compared to the Jeeps. The knobs are nice are nice though. It's not the end of the world though. FCA just makes some of the best interiors for the money. I'm probably going to take some heat for that comment.

SolidSnake

Base
First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have noticed this with jeepers too. If a jeep with huge wheels that poke out into the other lane (aka brodozer) they will ride my ass and try to keep up me until I'm tired of being annoyed and smoke their ass. Funny watching them try to keep up since the broncos handling is nice🤣. Regular jeeps I don't have that problem. I even get a wave here and there. So the bronco Def brings out haters. Haven't had this problem with any other vehicles like raptors. Don't know why people are like that. At the end of the day it's just a vehicle, so what's the point of being an ass to other people if they are not being an ass themselves

OP
OP
markregel

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I suspect if the Bronco roll out went more smoothly and folks did not feel that the reservation system was administered unfairly, there would be less motivation to be hyper critical. As has been stated, many, if not most, Bronco order holders are enthusiasts, who have high standards for the product they are passionate about.
I get it about the reservation system, but interior plastic? It would be one thing if it was down right trash but its not, many like it including reviewers who get paid to complain about things. I'm sure this has a few "real" Bronco enthusiasts rolling their eyes. Kind of like the Harley newbie complaining it doesn't run like a sewing machine :)

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree, there have been some. But, that's natural for a forum. And, we also see a lot of threads bashing the Jeep on the forum. My guess is many of them are basement babies trolling the forum.

@BroncoPls! BTW, with your early res date have you heard anything on your build? Since my late res date (10/4/20) has been pushed to possible 2024 I'm seriously thinking of changing my entire 4 door build to a 2 door. I wanted a 2 door all along, but needed a 4 door if it arrived in 2022. The situation will be different in 2024.
I am hopeful for the next round, a lot of 7/13&7/14, 2 doors got scheduled on 10/28. I went back and had tube doors removed because I heard they were early summer availability and I did not want them to slow things down.

SolidSnake

Base
First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love my bronco and even after driving it for a few months I am happy with what I got so I could care less about what other people say about it. I guess if you're coming from a luxury vehicle you will be disappointed, but I am coming from a Mazda and always had base model cars cause I don't care about leather seats and all that other crap. Just give me awd/4wd and I'm happy

Sponsored
OP
OP
markregel

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah I have the Bronco parked next to our JT in the garage. The interior design is really nice. The plastic is not, especially compared to the Jeeps. The knobs are nice are nice though. It's not the end of the world though. FCA just makes some of the best interiors for the money. I'm probably going to take some heat for that comment.
I don't know -- overall I thought the texturing was nice and everything fit well. I see elements of my seventies AMC Hornet in the Jeep dash. Isn't there also a big difference between lower and high end Jeeps? The Bronco is all the same, so I guess it makes sense that those paying a lot want something different than us base pukes.

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it is passion, all that energy has the potential to swing negative. The "rivalry" with Wrangler drives it as well. I started my career working for Dinan and I saw lots of this first hand, people would love or hate Dinan. Same with Mercedes, they would always be suppressed when we would talk of Mercedes well. Why can't this be like ice cream, sure I like butter toasted pecan but that's no reason to hate on thin mint....

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just like all forums it the same old haters who post hate!! Nothing to worry about it just thier nature!!

OP
OP
markregel

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love my bronco and even after driving it for a few months I am happy with what I got so I could care less about what other people say about it. I guess if you're coming from a luxury vehicle you will be disappointed, but I am coming from a Mazda and always had base model cars cause I don't care about leather seats and all that other crap. Just give me awd/4wd and I'm happy
Yeah right on, Broncos were never about an ego boost or making up for sma --- ops can I say that here? You fill in the blank. That is what Bimmers are Land Rovers are for.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People who have Jeeps or other offroaders who realize how epic the Bronco is, and wont be getting one for a while, so they justify their jealousy by badmouthing it
Sponsored