Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder how the warranty claims will work out? MIC 2.0 replaced by MIC 2.0 with the same issues as 1.0 and 2.0? Will 3.0 be the same crappy top? Inquiring minds want to know.
Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days F1A5DF37-56E1-4CAC-B496-0634C82CC3E8

Have had the Bronco for 5 days now, and this snakeskin/honeycomb splotch developed sometime today. Based on production date I’m just assuming it’s a 2.0, but I see no difference from a 1.0. There’s not a single rolled edge anywhere on this top, and there was a slight honeycomb on the back at delivery but no discoloration, so it is hard to see and only appears in certain light. Up until this splotch, none of the cosmetic issues bothered me. The only problem I personally had with the MIC is it seems like I have a window cracked open at highway speeds.

At this point Ford knows all these “2.0” tops are crap, it’s just what/if they do anything about it. I don’t even want to deal with the hassle of possibly replacing this top with another “2.0” top that’s gonna have the same issues. Call me when there is actually an improved top(Not that I have much hope of a 3.0).

Top issues aside, I absolutely love this Bronco.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days F1A5DF37-56E1-4CAC-B496-0634C82CC3E8

Have had the Bronco for 5 days now, and this snakeskin/honeycomb splotch developed sometime today. Based on production date I’m just assuming it’s a 2.0, but I see no difference from a 1.0. There’s not a single rolled edge anywhere on this top, and there was a slight honeycomb on the back at delivery but no discoloration, so it is hard to see and only appears in certain light. Up until this splotch, none of the cosmetic issues bothered me. The only problem I personally had with the MIC is it seems like I have a window cracked open at highway speeds.

At this point Ford knows all these “2.0” tops are crap, it’s just what/if they do anything about it. I don’t even want to deal with the hassle of possibly replacing this top with another “2.0” top that’s gonna have the same issues. Call me when there is actually an improved top(Not that I have much hope of a 3.0).

Top issues aside, I absolutely love this Bronco.
Is there some wrong with the top??? Let's ask the experts, hey @Ford Motor Company, this looks okay to you, doesn't it?

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I honestly think Ford is just trying to get the reserved/ordered Broncos with hardtops delivered with some sort of top on it knowing they will have to fix it later with a better designed top. Would be nice if they would just concede and deliver the Broncos with hard tops and swap to a soft top if there are issues until replacement hard tops become available. I think that would keep the deliveries going.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wonder how the warranty claims will work out? MIC 2.0 replaced by MIC 2.0 with the same issues as 1.0 and 2.0? Will 3.0 be the same crappy top? Inquiring minds want to know.
I don't think they have made it that far yet. Right now it is important for them to know how many are bad by filing warranty claims.

Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was approved today. I think this may end up haunting Ford for a while. I really hope that Ford takes whatever time is necessary to do this right. The Bronco is too damn good for Ford to sell it short and let this tarnish an otherwise incredible vehicle. I love my Bronco and look forward to it getting the top when they have everything lined out.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m really not looking forward to dealing with a leaky roof. Ford bought back a convertible Mustang from me due to leaks and I’ve had a couple sunroofs that leaked. Not fun. Forum members have said I probably won’t see my Bronco for a long time because I have many restricted options on my build, (MIC, Sasquatch, modular bumper, 2.7, etc.). That may turn out to be a blessing.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wouldn't be surprised once Ford gets the MOD top going that they basically discontinue the MIC altogether.

Your choices will be a soft top or an MOD at a normal wrangler price.

They tried to cheap out with an MIC and it's been a total cluster.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My right rear clamshell pocket/roof rack mount location has a separating edge.

Also I have a short gasket between the two front panels. It results in some wind noise. If I stick my finger up into that hole it quiets down.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The MOD has been a total cluster too. Otherwise it wouldn't have been delayed two years. Only difference is they aren't shipping it in cluster form. Hopefully they are using this time to get it right.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks for the reply, so is Haartz the company who will produce the MOD top?

Regarding Covid and the terrible blend of issues, Ford would have been better to pause the introduction of the Bronco with the insurmountable issues in front of them. Instead, it has simply reinforced their inability to have a smooth product launch after they said the 2020 Explorer launch taught them lessons they would not repeat.

Ford has had many chances and time to right the ship, but I'm afraid their efforts are still wanting.
I honestly am unsure of who will be supplying the Mod top.
My son works for Teijin (was Continental Structural Plastics). They are in phase I of prototyping for a Bronco top.

What I don’t know is if it is for Ford or an aftermarket company, as his plant makes F150 Raptor parts and EVO Mustang hoods (along with Corvette body panels). They supposedly are picking up some Jeep work too.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe they will just have to bite the bullet and replace all of them with mod tops, or a version of it without the modular windows.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wouldn't be surprised once Ford gets the MOD top going that they basically discontinue the MIC altogether.

Your choices will be a soft top or an MOD at a normal wrangler price.

Ford MIC top is no cheaper than Jeep. The difference is the Ford soft top is more than Jeep, making the "upgrade" fees a little less than Jeep.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took my vehicle in for some warranty claims just to get them in the books. The roof was one of them. I seem to have air coming in between the front two panels while driving at high speeds. I haven't noticed any dripping yet but I anticipate the roof getting worse as winter closes in. My edges are not "rolled" like they are suppose to be either. You can see the three layers at the edges and in certain areas when you push down on it you can visually see them flexing. I'm not rushing to Ford for a resolution until I see what other people are getting back. Right now it's not an issue but I don't have faith Ford has fully figured this out yet.
Sponsored