First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you ever feel useless just remember that Ford actually pays the people who decided to roll out the Bronco lack of color palette.
The latest thing that’s been making the rounds is “quiet quitting”. I wonder if that’s what’s going on in this department?

”Hey, we need some new colors!”

”Yeah, I’ll get right on it… How about just add some metal flake to Area 51? Good? Okay, vacation time!”
Sponsored

jlatigo

Wildtrak
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Bronco, 14 Raptor, 22 Raptor, 22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the photos as these are the first of Azure Gray on a Bronco. Seeing the color on a Bronco and how it plays with the body lines provides more insight then seeing it photographed on other vehicles.

One feature that your photograph didn't intend to reveal is that there appears to be a change to the rock rails to accommodate the optional hoop step. The hoop step was first introduced on the Everglades for MY'22. It will now be an option on other trims for MY'23. But the rock rail looks different than the rock rail for MY'21 and MY'22 (excluding the Everglades). I wonder if the OG rail design is standard (Black Diamond and Badlands) and only if the optional hoop step is selected that the new rail design is included?

Closeup of the rock rails:

rock rails to accommodate the optional hoop step.jpg
i have the same steps on my 22 wildtrak
Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting 306675494_749368556128170_959298779300688908_

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wonder if Ford is even remotely aware of how unhappy people are with their color choices?

Now I get people on forums are often full of crap, it's why most vehicles don't have a manual option. Everyone wants a stick shift and no one buys them.
I also get that most cars on lots traditionally are black, white and neutral colors, because it's hard enough for a dealer to sell a trim level you may not want, but people will walk away from a color they don't want. Cyber Orange is a tough sell for someone coming off the street.

BUT!!!!!
None of this traditional learned crap applies to orders. Dealers aren't speculating on what we want, we are telling them and FoMoCo directly what we really want and putting our money down on it. The sales on Antimatter Blue were far greater than most colors especially silver... and yet here we are.

Maybe it's because the Ranger orders are throwing off the counts, because evidently they share the same paint booths. I have no idea if that's true, but if it is, Ford needs to realize this isn't a good plan of attack.

So frustrating, I get why people are starting to walk away. If I'm willing to spend over 60,000 bucks on a vehicle , there shouldn't be this much compromise.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may be the outlier, but I am liking what I am seeing with Azure. I really liked Area 51. I felt that in direct sun it was lacking a little something. Of course, who knows how I will feel when I see it in person.

Xrayphoton1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It seems a little more blue sky where area 51 seems a little more grey. As to why they put gray in the name, I think they already used the name azure blue years ago on the mustang

Sponsored

Bimjoker

Black Diamond
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper s & Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It looks likes kinda purple 🤮

Xrayphoton1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
100% looks like late 90s - early 2000s medium wedgewood blue metallic
Dude you nailed it. It looks exactly like my mom's Eddie bower expedition back when I was in highschool. Check out this pic of it on a new f150:
Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting 2023-Ford-F-150-King-Ranch-Azure-Gray-Metallic-Tricoat-First-Real-World-Photos-Exterior-002-76

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dude you nailed it. It looks exactly like my mom's Eddie bower expedition back when I was in highschool. Check out this pic of it on a new f150:
Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting 2023-Ford-F-150-King-Ranch-Azure-Gray-Metallic-Tricoat-First-Real-World-Photos-Exterior-002-76
It’s the return of bell bottoms
Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting B37845B7-B4F5-4BF9-B9C0-7902EA55C2F4
Sponsored