Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 22 Bronco OBX non SAS 4 dr Velocity Blue started the trip in SE Michigan and made its way to the Badlands in South Dakota, Mt Rushmore and Crazy Horse, Deadwood South Dakota which is a mini Las Vegas disguised as a mining town. From there to Denver and on to Moab for a tour of Arches and Canyonlands along with some awesome off road trails with plenty of sights to see along the trails. Obviously no rock climbing. But the trails around Moab are spectacular. From there back roads to Santa Fe New Mexico which the town is a shear artistic delight and loaded with charm and good food. The journey continued thru OKC with a final stop in St Louis to enjoy fireworks by the Arch, which is also awesome and in addition can you can make your way to the top in a confined tram within the Arch as well. That was a surprise but fun as well. All in all 5000 miles,11 States and 5 National Parks. The Bronco was flawless. Rode great and averaged 23 MPG with the 2.3 L 4. Keep in mind that west of the Mississippi speed limits are 80 mph. My big lesson learned was my normal day to day driving I ran 87 octane gas. West of the river 87 octane was 20% ethanol. Only Premium was non E. So I switched. What a performance improvement in mileage, and pickup. So I am now converted. Trips like this is what the Bronco was made for. I loved every minute of it. Hope you do as well. I attached just a few pics.

IMG_1355.jpeg

IMG_1301.jpeg

IMG_1307.jpeg

IMG_1721.jpeg

IMG_1381.jpeg

IMG_1390.jpeg

IMG_1450.jpeg
Sponsored