Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got an email from my dealer that has pretty much been on point since my original reservation on opening day. He said this morning there were rumors of cancelling the orders on late 2023 production Explorers and Broncos due to the strike and those being right on top of the 23/24 changeover. He said it was his understanding they would be reinstated as 2024s and most likely prioritized for the new year model.
Sponsored

ColoradoBroncoFan

Heritage
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Raptor, ‘20 Mustang GT, ‘23 AMG GLE 53
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Even now, I still don't think Ford will drop you guys who have been hanging in there for over 3 years. This is a company that survives on loyalty. Look at the F 150, the number one selling vehicle for decades. Why? Because our Grandads and Dads told us they were the best. We all know they botched the Bronco rollout big time but how can they punish you guys for the strike and all the other delays that have happened? I think in the end they'll do the right thing and extend your PP. They understand it's easier to keep the customers you have than to go out and find new ones.
Time will tell. It would have been my 21st Ford and joined two others in my garage. @Ford Motor Company check it out! 😡

Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club IMG_5161

Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club IMG_3571

65CarryAll

Heritage
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The last 2 door Blazer (ZR2)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Nothing wrong with a Defender, you can get white wheels and white top too! I think allot of people wanting more option choices and luxury finishes would be better served with one if it's within their budget.
I seriously considered the Defender 90 when it became clear that Ford producing the new Bronco I wanted wasn't going to happen any time soon. They look great and likely drive fine. My issue is they're simply too small in the 2 door. Notice how small the rear storage area is on them. Much smaller than a 2 door Bronco, seats down or up. And a four door in any vehicle was never an option for me.

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry, been out of the loop a bit. Was also moved to 12/18, and wondering how you folks were notified of your cancellation? Just want to keep an eye out, won't be surprised at all.

ColoradoBroncoFan

Heritage
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Sorry, been out of the loop a bit. Was also moved to 12/18, and wondering how you folks were notified of your cancellation? Just want to keep an eye out, won't be surprised at all.
The build date page, based on your VIN, disappears and when you check your order status page you see this:

Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club IMG_0216

You can also check with your dealer. They know when it is cancelled.

Sponsored

ZacharyHarrisNC

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Got an email from my dealer that has pretty much been on point since my original reservation on opening day. He said this morning there were rumors of cancelling the orders on late 2023 production Explorers and Broncos due to the strike and those being right on top of the 23/24 changeover. He said it was his understanding they would be reinstated as 2024s and most likely prioritized for the new year model.
My dealer said the same, but did not have further information. They are trying to get in touch with their Ford rep on this. I told him I have three questions:

1) Confirmation that this indeed cancelled with no possibility that car gets built;
2) Are they even building 2dr 2024 Heritages? I recall reading somewhere that they would not.
3) What is Ford going to do on pricing?

I think the answers are going to be yes, yes, and nothing.

ColoradoBroncoFan

Heritage
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Email response from Granger Ford today shows the cancellation of Heritage Broncos was not well coordinated:

James,
We were a blindsided by this from Ford as well.
We have reached out to resources and should have some more information soon!
The owner believes we will get reallocated for these orders, but we will be in touch as soon as we know for sure!
Thank you!
Hayleigh

dmcdeezie

Heritage
First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR Race Red Heritage Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Even now, I still don't think Ford will drop you guys who have been hanging in there for over 3 years. This is a company that survives on loyalty. Look at the F 150, the number one selling vehicle for decades. Why? Because our Grandads and Dads told us they were the best. We all know they botched the Bronco rollout big time but how can they punish you guys for the strike and all the other delays that have happened? I think in the end they'll do the right thing and extend your PP. They understand it's easier to keep the customers you have than to go out and find new ones.
I called and spoke with Ford Marketing this morning and was told that I need to contact my dealer to place an order for a 24 Heritage. I asked about some type of "official" communication from Ford regarding cancelling our orders, price protection, private offer, dealer allocation, and if our new orders would be pushed to the front of the line, and was told, "no, but I'll add your concerns to my notes". Sounds like Ford doesnt have any plan to address these items, and doesnt care. To say Im shocked would be an understatement! How do you issue a VIN to a vehicle and schedule multiple production dates to build said vehicle and then arbitrarily just cancel the order with no notification or communication, for loyal customers who've waited 3 plus years? Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, I must be completely nuts to still want a Ford after all this BS!

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suspect they wont build 2dr Heritages until summer of 2024. I may be in the market for a 2dr Black Diamond as a replacement.

Milan88

Heritage
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I seriously considered the Defender 90 when it became clear that Ford producing the new Bronco I wanted wasn't going to happen any time soon. They look great and likely drive fine. My issue is they're simply too small in the 2 door. Notice how small the rear storage area is on them. Much smaller than a 2 door Bronco, seats down or up. And a four door in any vehicle was never an option for me.
Interesting. I thought the exterior dimensions were about the same if not a little longer and wider for Defender 90. I guess they put a few more inches in front of back seat, which I don’t really care about as I will most often be riding alone or with one other person

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Interesting. I thought the exterior dimensions were about the same if not a little longer and wider for Defender 90. I guess they put a few more inches in front of back seat, which I don’t really care about as I will most often be riding alone or with one other person
I was a little shocked when I got my 2 door for cargo space but the 2 door Wrangler and D90 are way less!

4 door Bronco = 38.3
2 door Bronco = 22.4
FJ Cruiser (what I was used to) = 27.9
D90 = 15.6
2 door Wrangler = 12.9

Around town it's not a big deal and if you just have 2 people there's plenty with the rear seat folded down which is how mine has been since I got it.

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I suspect they wont build 2dr Heritages until summer of 2024. I may be in the market for a 2dr Black Diamond as a replacement.
That is what I ended up doing. Get a black diamond. Put a 2 inch level kit on it and some bigger tires. And paint the top grill and wheels white. And that way you can get whatever color you want. Instead of the crappy selection of colors they offer right now.

IMG_5457.jpeg

Red Squatch

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra convertible
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
That is what I ended up doing. Get a black diamond. Put a 2 inch level kit on it and some bigger tires. And paint the top grill and wheels white. And that way you can get whatever color you want. Instead of the crappy selection of colors they offer right now.

Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club IMG_5457
The gold standard of Heritage builds for sure.

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Email response from Granger Ford today shows the cancellation of Heritage Broncos was not well coordinated:

James,
We were a blindsided by this from Ford as well.
We have reached out to resources and should have some more information soon!
The owner believes we will get reallocated for these orders, but we will be in touch as soon as we know for sure!
Thank you!
Hayleigh
Wow this :poop: show somehow still amazes me after all this time. I emailed my dealer today and this was the initial response I got:
Ford had cancelled any unscheduled 23MY orders in the order bank....due to allocation, we did not convert or place any orders for 24MY. I do not see your order in the order bank, did ford provide you with a VIN?

I responded back to her to let her know I HAVE been scheduled since March 2nd 2023... I will report back of any further response I get. Based on what others are reporting here it seems like Ford doesn't have a plan. I think they are just wanting to wipe the slate clean of all of these old backorders and start all over again. As someone else pointed out they most likely won't do any price protection at this point because my guess with the original pricing and the increased labor costs now they would be losing money on these builds.

L&D's Broncos

Heritage
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72Sport' & 73' & 24' Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
(y) This is EXACTLY my plan then IF we get something from FORD and IF they build them for US next year I will sell the one one we are looking at. It's A 23' Black Diamond 2 door special ordered very similar optioned to our Heritage and was not picked up by customer. Built 8/23 so BEFORE strike and mad employees. My dealer is telling me MSRP. They just got it in on 11/1. We will see. :mad: FORD
Sponsored