First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Question. I have the 200.4 and 500.1 setup with plugnplay harnesses. When I was doing the Key 500.1 setup (playing the sweep and gain matching tracks), the sound was blasting through my main speakers. But the directions say that no sound should be audible during these steps. What am I doing wrong?
For me it had to be extremely quite outside, like no birds chirping, etc. I played the white noise and from the outside of the vehicle I could hear the sound going around until it completed. Not sure, maybe someone on here has a better explanation and can help
Sponsored

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Doers anyone know if... while running the 500.1 Key gain and DSP algorithm processes, is it okay to unplug the main speakers from the 200.4?

I think (and hope) the answer would be yes. (And yes I know that you unplug the 500.1 when doing the 200.4 setup).

I ask this question because when I'm running the 500.1 setup according to directions (on volume 23), the gain matching and DSP algorithm audio tracks are blasting through my main speakers so loud that I worry about damaging things (23 is my max volume for the 200.4 setup, and I'm probably pushing it).

The Kicker manual says that no audio comes from the sub during 500.1 gain matching. I have seen videos of people setting this up and it was silent. I am guessing they simply disconnected the speaker harness from the 200.4. R i g h t . . . ?

And if so, for the "Key DSP algorithm" can I also leave the main speakers disconnected? I'm guessing/hoping this is yes because unlike the 200.4 (with a plugin mic), the 500.1 seems to use an internal sensor (rather than a mic). So I'm guessing that the 500.1 is not actually listening to the main speakers in any way. Anyone?

If so it would make the whole process feel a lot less dangerous!

mig1980

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Question. I am looking a performing this exact setup to my 6 speaker setup. I have a 2023 Wildtrak 4 door. I have been told that I should have a dummy sub and amp in place as well as all amp and wiring to install the Key 500.1 and the 8" Kicker.

With that said, is my assumption correct on having the wiring for the amp and sub? If yes, do I still need the following?

Here is the wiring kit I purchased:
And would the plug-n-play wiring harness be the correct one for me scenario?

https://plugnplaykits.com/products/...y-audio-harnesses-kits?variant=41157659852990

OP
OP
jasonstephens37221

jasonstephens37221

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@jasonstephens37221 Do you have any feedback on my previous post a week ago? Would love to get your take.
Sorry, just seeing this. The plug and play wiring harness is needed for the amp you'll place behind the steering column, which comes with the red power line you'll connect to the battery (feed wire through the gromet located above the brake pedal. For the sub and it's amp, there a hot line that will act as an indicator to turn the amp on with a signal is being sent the rear speakers and speaker lines prewired, but you'll still need to provide a separate power line with a fuse back to you new sub amp, like the wiring kit I provided. You'll also run that line through the gromet and connect to the battery as well. Good luck!

Sponsored

mig1980

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry, just seeing this. The plug and play wiring harness is needed for the amp you'll place behind the steering column, which comes with the red power line you'll connect to the battery (feed wire through the gromet located above the brake pedal. For the sub and it's amp, there a hot line that will act as an indicator to turn the amp on with a signal is being sent the rear speakers and speaker lines prewired, but you'll still need to provide a separate power line with a fuse back to you new sub amp, like the wiring kit I provided. You'll also run that line through the gromet and connect to the battery as well. Good luck!
Thank you very much! Just to confirm, the two links I commented on above are the correct ones I will need?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Heritage Edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Fantastic write up….thank you. Couple questions.

1)for the dash speakers some went with 4” kicker KS with bass blockers vs your recommendation of Kicker CS? What is the difference and what is better option?

2)I was told the kicker key 200.4 actually doesnt have the power to really boost the main 6 speakers and should go with a larger amp, most likely mount it under one of the front seats.

Thoughts on that?

Any other changes or recommendations after having it a while and hearing other builds?

Thank you again. Looking for an upgrade, but best bang for the buck. Not trying to piss off the neighbors.

OP
OP
jasonstephens37221

jasonstephens37221

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks! not at all. Absolutely love my setup for the cost. The amp pushes as loud as I can take it with my old ears of 52, but I'm sure a bigger amp will yield loud sound, just not what I was looking for. Really like the sound quality. I've heard of bass blockers, etc...I didn't do them, but I'm sure they serve a purpose. I was just going for as much bass as possible which is why I left them out. Probably can't go wrong either way. Good luck!
Sponsored