Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Ford Mustang, Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

60 with a 2 door MT Badlands on the way. Hope to still be 60 when it arrives.
Sponsored

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Because they are competing with Wranglers which also have 2 and 4 door options . A Flex is uni-body and you can’t just throw it on a frame. Also doesn’t have removable doors and top. It was easy to do both 2 and 4 when designing the new Bronco. So why not do both? But I stick with the fact that a 2 door version wouldn’t have happened without the 4dr.
History of the Bronco’s demise is clear. Ford lost sight of what it should have become. Only Jeep’s success with the Wrangler because it eventually got 4 doors woke Ford up to the fact we needed a Bronco, both 2 and 4 door.

And some of us have friends and family that we actually like to take along for the fun.
Oh boy this is gonna be fun! I was only referencing the Flex because it has an uncanny resemblance to the 4 door Bronco. And I'll stick to the fact/opinion that the Bronco line never would have been brought back without the 2 door! It took 10 plus years of jeep making a 4 door to wake Ford up?! I guess that's your opinion, not sure it's valid. My family and friends that want to go along for the fun need to buy their own!

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh boy this is gonna be fun! I was only referencing the Flex because it has an uncanny resemblance to the 4 door Bronco. And I'll stick to the fact/opinion that the Bronco line never would have been brought back without the 2 door! It took 10 plus years of jeep making a 4 door to wake Ford up?! I guess that's your opinion, not sure it's valid. My family and friends that want to go along for the fun need to buy their own!
It's all good. Loved the thread were the 2-door Bronco owner was upset that everyone kept asking about his Bronco Sport with a lift kit. Many saw the uncanny resemblance between the Sport and the 2-door.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s a different argument. Lol I never said the bronco would have happened without a two-door version also, but the wrangler success with a four-door is the only thing that saved the Jeep and spurred development of the 6G bronco if you want to even go further back.
Ford has a history of dragging their feet. I guess they wanted to see if the Jeep thing was just a fad lol.

We moved from an ecoboost Mustang convertible to a gladiator to the bronco and I have to say even though I wanted a two-door bronco the four-door is way more fun and usable than the Mustang convertible was. No way would I knock anyone’s decision to buy the 2-door. Just gets old all the 4-door haters. I wonder if Jeep went through that? The 4 door saved the 2-door, I’m sticking with that .

And FYI… A wrangler built for extreme duty usually has a stretched wheelbase.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s a different argument. Lol I never said the bronco wouldn’t have happened without a two-door version also, but the wrangler success with a four-door is the only thing that saved the Jeep and spurred development of the 6G bronco if you want to even go further back.
Ford has a history of dragging their feet. I guess they wanted to see if the Jeep thing was just a fad lol.

We moved from an ecoboost Mustang convertible to a gladiator to the bronco and I have to say even though I wanted a two-door bronco the four-door is way more fun and usable than the Mustang convertible was. No way would I knock anyone’s decision to buy the 2-door. Just gets old all the 4-door haters. I wonder if Jeep went through that? The 4 door saved the 2-door, I’m sticking with that .

And FYI… A wrangler built for extreme duty usually has a stretched wheelbase.
No hate here for the 4 door, just having fun. Everyone has an opinion and it sometimes gets out of hand, but you know what they say about options, just like @ss holes everyone has one! There are definitely things that are better with a 4 door over a 2 door, I just haven't found them, but that's my opinion!😅

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
No hate here for the 4 door, just having fun. Everyone has an opinion and it sometimes gets out of hand, but you know what they say about options, just like @ss holes everyone has one! There are definitely things that are better with a 4 door over a 2 door, I just haven't found them, but that's my opinion!😅
I don't think anyone's exactly saying the 2 door looks like sh*t or that with their cargo space it's as worthless as a Miata, just that the practically of the 4-door and it's rugged good looks, makes it the Bronco of choice for 75% of buyers. :ROFLMAO:

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's all good. Loved the thread were the 2-door Bronco owner was upset that everyone kept asking about his Bronco Sport with a lift kit. Many saw the uncanny resemblance between the Sport and the 2-door.
Yeah, I remember reading that tread, couldn't figure out how they saw a resemblance between the two, just chalked it up that there were a lot of meth heads in his area!

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I said it early in the thread.
64 here. Wanted a 2-door std shift. Wifey said no Bronco unless it’s 4-door automatic. So I compromised to get “my” Bronco (technically it’s hers as it replaced her Mustang) I have other toys that are “mine” that I didn’t compromise to get.

Now she wants more lift and bigger tires…. Hard to argue with that. 😍

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't think anyone's exactly saying the 2 door looks like sh*t or that with their cargo space it's as worthless as a Miata, just that the practically of the 4-door and it's rugged good looks, makes it the Bronco of choice for 75% of buyers. :ROFLMAO:
Gets back to what I said about everyone needing to pack everything including the kitchen sink. 2 door with rear seat removed has plenty of room, and if I need more room I'll hook up the overland trailer.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gets back to what I said about everyone needing to pack everything including the kitchen sink. 2 door with rear seat removed has plenty of room, and if I need more room I'll hook up the overland trailer.
LOL, love the threads were people need to gut their new 2-doors, hang hammocks in them for sleeping, or talk about their trailers in order to speak of the practically of their little Miata's Bronco's. :ROFLMAO:

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I remember reading that tread, couldn't figure out how they saw a resemblance between the two, just chalked it up that there were a lot of meth heads in his area!
Yep, pretty much like the crack-heads that can't see the difference between the Flex and a Bronco.🤦‍♂️

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
LOL, love the threads were people need to gut their new 2-doors, hang hammocks in them for sleeping, or talk about their trailers in order to speak of the practically of their little Miata's Bronco's. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, but just look at the 2 door, the way they were built way back in 1966, a 2 door, the way it was meant to be! Now if you must have a Bronkett/4door, that's cool too each his own, but luckily I never compromised!😉

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, but just look at the 2 door, the way they were built way back in 1966, a 2 door, the way it was meant to be! Now if you must have a Bronkett/4door, that's cool too each his own, but luckily I never compromised!😉
No doubt the iconic little 1st gen wagon, tin can on wheels looked great, that we can agree on, and like you I've never compromised!
Sponsored