First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
With all the electrical gremlins and update issues, Would u give up modern tech? Simpler times circa 2000-2017 If it meant no/less problems.
Edit: Everything else on your Bronco is the same, Basically just no screen..lol my charging portals were dead from day 3, and screen is sketch anyway, did recently get the charger fixed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™s like you donā€™t remember the old times and are just nostalgic.

Make this poll fair, and talk about gas fumes in the cabin, flooded engines that wonā€™t turnover if itā€™s below 60 degrees, no A/C, window rollers breaking off, 10mpgs, tires that last 20k miles and donā€™t grip in cold weather, brakes locking up when you look at them funny, lack of airbags, rust EVERYWHEREā€¦I could go on.

nobody would argue that old cars looked better, but they were/are a chore to drive.

itā€™s a no from me dawg.

Useful_Habits

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hate thinking that a CD player is ā€œold timesā€ but I guess thatā€™s where we are at in society.

I purposely bought a Base Bronco because I wanted as little tech as I could get. The more tech a car has, the more that can go wrong and more costly to fix.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is an intriguing question.

I like the idea of the tech. I hate when it doesn't work like it should or I can't figure it out. If it were glitch free I think I'd be all for it, but it just isn't. After thinking about it for a while, I think I go back to old school.

OP
OP
AreUgettingEnufCaffeine

AreUgettingEnufCaffeine

Big Bend
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Make this poll fair, and talk about gas fumes in the cabin, flooded engines that wonā€™t turnover if itā€™s below 60 degrees, no A/C, window rollers breaking off, 10mpgs, tires that last 20k miles and donā€™t grip in cold weather, brakes locking up when you look at them funny, lack of airbags, rust EVERYWHEREā€¦I could go on.

nobody would argue that old cars looked better, but they were/are a chore to drive.

We're keeping good tires, a/c, same mpg, same everything But not phone/ app related Updates. I definitely wouldn't go back to what you're describing

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a fairly nice CD player in my 95 YJ back in the day. It was in it when I bought it. First thing I thought was, who puts a CD player in a Jeep? In DENTON, what has to be some of the roughest city roads in the South? I think it did play some CDs a couple of times, but of course didn't really work. I just plugged an iPad mini into the headphone jack. I used to leave the detachable face in the console, doors unlocked. It got broken into several times.

I don't recall the Base being an option when I did my original order in Sep 21, otherwise I would've gotten that. The big video screen and some of the other niceties are of course nice, but I would pick rugged over glambus any day.

Last edited:

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Lol
You must not have any issues with sync in your Bronco.
Mine has been garbage since the full screen update.

Adding things that have been improved to make the poll seem stupid isn't helpful. I would hesitate to put windows on the list. Quite a few people are have issues there also.

With the advancements in technology, I am surprised at how many issues there are with the sync system, hvac airflow control, air and water leaks.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting rid of mine anytime soon.
I love it
Just think Ford could have done better in a few areas.
I'd be fine with ditching the tech that doesn't work as it should.
I'm old enough that if need be, I can read a map šŸ˜†

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nah I'll keep my modern tech. No electrical gremlins or update issues for me

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

With the advancements in technology, I am surprised at how many issues there are with the sync system, hvac airflow control, air and water leaks.
It is kinda funny how I never really had any issues with HVAC in any of my vehicles until the Bronco decided that "Floor" really means "A pillar", and changed recirc so that it has a mind of it's own.

And how Kenwood, Sony, JVC, and a handful of other aftermarket head unit manufacturers can make fully digital stereo systems that operate near-flawlessly, but the Bronco can't even play a startup animation without stuttering and requiring frequent reboots.

The dash lighting, that freaks out whenever I drive through a shadow from a billboard. Auto high beams that freak out when they see a street light. Collision assist that slams on the breaks because someone is changing lanes ahead of you.

Heck, try even just tapping something into a high beams. It's all CAN bus now.

There's a lot of little quirks here. Not saying we need to go back to carburetors and AM radio, but there's a lot of half-baked things here that drive me nuts. Fortunately most of it can be disabled or ignored, but that doesn't mean it doesn't still irk me.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We're keeping good tires, a/c, same mpg, same everything But not phone/ app related Updates. I definitely wouldn't go back to what you're describing
You could just not use the phone/app related stuff and its the same thing. Turn off carplay/android auto and call it a day, leave the stereo off and you have it all. PLay music/get directions through your phone, it would sound the same as older car speakers anyway.

Maybe i'm just lucky but Ive had no problems at all, 8" sync works perfect, no leaks in roof, HVAC works great....no complaints.

Sure if i could cherry pick, I would have a restomod like the Icon Bronco, but were talking $200k+, considering what you get in the 6G for $40k its hard to be mad.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Still drive my 2001 Base Super Duty to work once or twice a week. But I am thinking of upgrading the headunit soon!!!

Ford Bronco Would you Revert to Old Times? image2
Ford Bronco Would you Revert to Old Times? image2
Perfect amount of Tech in that. I drive a 2004 F150 XLT , I've never had a random hood latch notice, fog blocking the camera to tell me the a collision feature is inactive, and never had one of my kids get into the truck and the radio revert something playing on his phone......... And guess what, no fumes in the cab, no flooded engine, it starts when it's 60 below, has AC, electric windows, air bags, tire's that last the same as today, and a body the rusts the same a any truck with steel body panels. So many think that when people say too much tech, they must be talking about going back to a model T, 99% of the time that's not the case.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I really enjoy the tech, especially driver aides like lane keeping. Well, on the rappy. The bronco ping pongs in the lane and thatā€™s slightly annoying at times but still useful as an aide.

That said, weā€™re running big injectors and E85 on the rappy. That truck absolutely rips. But an alert from the Tuner came out telling those with this setup to turn off automatic updates until you can verify the update is ready. Then uninstall the tune, update, and reinstall it. I uninstalled my tune and asked the truck to update. It started but eventually failed, so I turned automatic updates off and reinstalled the tune as the truck wonā€™t run without it. Couple days later I remote start the truck and it is rougggghhhhhhh. Of course, it updated. Even checked and the update was still turned off šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Was a whole process to get the tuning module to recognize the truck again and retune it.

So I guess I like technology when it works properly but sometimes it will piss you off. Especially on modified vehicles
Sponsored