Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

On the Ford website, it describes the cloth seats as ‘durable’. Has anyone seen or heard more about what ‘durable’ means? Does that mean waterproof or water resistant? It hard for me to believe there wouldn’t be some special material on cloth seats for a vehicle that has the complete roof come off. Do I have to get marine vinyl or leather to drive in the rain?
Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably just a buzz word. The cloth in my '12 is about the same as my '07 and my wifes '18 is pretty much the same as well. I imagine the Bronco wont be any different. It holds up, it will shed water with some scotchguard but don't go and get it soaked.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is from the Sport page, but I think they are supposed to share the same fabric.
It sounds like the Bronco cloth seats will actually be more durable and stain resistant that the usual cloth material.
Does anyone else have any more insight on this?

Ford Bronco ‘Durable’ cloth seats? B78B6341-7056-4977-AAEA-FB480B0EDB11

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

suuuuuuuper bet. might just do the big bend then lol

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On the Ford website, it describes the cloth seats as ‘durable’. Has anyone seen or heard more about what ‘durable’ means? Does that mean waterproof or water resistant? It hard for me to believe there wouldn’t be some special material on cloth seats for a vehicle that has the complete roof come off. Do I have to get marine vinyl or leather to drive in the rain?
Durable = Takes a lickin', keeps on tickin'! Maybe it has woven kevlar in the fabric that makes it bulletproof. Or maybe it's reflective which would make it indestructible. When we were on the FOB overseas, we had to wear our reflective PT belts and were told, "It's for your protection." Derp! Hence the saying was that our reflective belts made us invincible. More like sniper fodder lol!

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm gonna guess it is similar to what is in the 2020 Explorer XLT. It is a durable slightly stiff material that feels more like a canvas rough material than the typical soft cloth. I'd guess it does well with water and would be easy to clean up. Not like the vinyl, but certainly better than traditional cloth. In the Explorer, Ford calls it "Unique Cloth Seating Surfaces"

Ford Bronco ‘Durable’ cloth seats? 16

Last edited:

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went Black Diamond specifically to get the marine vinyl seats and hose out interior. I’m thinking the seats might get hot because they won’t breathe, but if so I’ll get some sort of covers to correct that. I’ll be using mine topless on the beach quite a bit, so the house out feature will be awesome to wash out the sand.
Sponsored