Sponsored

⚡️ 2024 Jeep RECON EV revealed as all-electric Wrangler! Resembles a Bronco with fixed roof!

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm sorry, but your reasoning makes no sense to me... even though the mirrors stay on the Bronco when doors are removed, you can just simply FOLD IN the mirrors if you think a trail is pretty tight.
On my Jeep, with the doors off, the mirrors are inside on the vents. Doors on, it's a regular vent, doors off, concave mirrors. All it takes is two cheap bike mirrors and no chance of scratching your OEM mirrors. Works like a charm.
Ford Bronco ⚡️ 2024 Jeep RECON EV revealed as all-electric Wrangler! Resembles a Bronco with fixed roof! 1662659352318
Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This may be too "political," but as a jump-qualified Marine, with a son who is currently assigned to Battalion Recon, I am profoundly pi**ed off that they use the name "Recon" for a product that will be driven by mall-drawlers and "Beta boys" who just want to virtue-signal their "global warming" sensitivities. (n):poop::cry:
Is helping you with being sensitive and offended by a name part of being a jump-qualified Marine mental health program? ❄:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not going to lie if this thing gets 400 miles of range with 5k towing it might be enough for me to trade in my Bronco. As long as I don't give up too much in off road capability. Ford needs to step up their game and hurry up with an EV Bronco with a better interior.

Friend of mine just bought a Mojave Gladiator and the interior quality is much better. I love my Bronco in every way more than a Wrangler just the interior has much to be desired.

Last edited:

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It looks a little larger and more capable to me. Compelling.
TFL always does a good job breaking down vehicles. Check out their video on it. Seems like a Jeep Wrangler with IFS and a non removable roof. Probably giving up some off road capability but how much who knows. Looks to be the same size as the Wrangler and Bronco running on 33's.

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

to be fair the demand for the bronco is through the roof. this is also the first run for a bronco in 25 years, regardless of the ranger platform and ecoboost stuff.

i also feel like ford upped that ante in many ways. sas + warranty, on-road manners with off-road capabilities. I could go on, but they are both pushing each other.

you act like ford isn't moving electric. ford currently has 6 vehicles and more on the way, jeep has 2. 1000:1 the bronco and ranger get electric in the next few years. jeep is playing catch up.

in the end competition is great for the customer for both features and price.
Ford has 6 EVs? Hybrid Escape, Explorer, Maverick. Full EV F150 and Mach E.
TFL always does a good job breaking down vehicles. Check out their video on it. Seems like a Jeep Wrangler with IFS and a non removable roof. Probably giving up some off road capability but how much who knows. Looks to be the same size as the Wrangler and Bronco running on 33's.

Thanks. This will definitely impact Bronco sales. Thankfully this means Ford will need to make improvements.

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not going to lie if this thing gets 400 miles of range with 5k towing it might be enough for me to trade in my Bronco. As long as I don't give up too much in off road capability. Ford needs to step up their game and hurry up with an EV Bronco with a better interior.

Friend of mine just bought a Mojave Gladiator and the interior quality is much better. I love my Bronco in every way more than a Wrangler just the interior has much to be desired.
Haha I always find it funny when people get mad at this assertion because it’s true. I own a Mojave and yes I can confirm the interior quality on Jeeps is much nicer than the Bronco. Most new vehicles are usually a little cheap inside until a refresh and development cost is paid off. The Bronco will eventually be nicer inside, the Raptor already has some of that.

whitebronco

Base
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW touareg Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
This may be too "political," but as a jump-qualified Marine, with a son who is currently assigned to Battalion Recon, I am profoundly pi**ed off that they use the name "Recon" for a product that will be driven by mall-drawlers and "Beta boys" who just want to virtue-signal their "global warming" sensitivities. (n):poop::cry:
I can promise you the reconnaissance community gives two shits about a car being named Recon. Just like the raider community is not upset at the football team. TYFYS!!

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Thanks. This will definitely impact Bronco sales. Thankfully this means Ford will need to make improvements.
In a way, we have the Bronco to thank for Jeep putting product development in overdrive. Competition is a wonderful thing.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
while this vehicle doesn't have fully removable roof and is prob unibody and not likely as customizable as our vehicles, i like that it's a more interesting vehicle than just another boring compact suv. at least some passion went into the design- if my wife or daughter had this recon i wouldn't mind taking it out from time to time

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

and e-transit

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To be fair, the supply of the bronco is through the floor creating the appearance of artificial demand. The Wrangler still outsells the Bronco.
The bronco has added additional sales to the vehicle type. There have been more new bronco purchasers than Jeep brand defectors. I would hope a vehicles that had been built for 50 plus CONTINUOUS years would out sell a vehicle back after a 25 year hiatus.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

On my Jeep, with the doors off, the mirrors are inside on the vents. Doors on, it's a regular vent, doors off, concave mirrors. All it takes is two cheap bike mirrors and no chance of scratching your OEM mirrors. Works like a charm.
Ford Bronco ⚡️ 2024 Jeep RECON EV revealed as all-electric Wrangler! Resembles a Bronco with fixed roof! 1662659352318
Except it’s typically illegal for on road use.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
while this vehicle doesn't have fully removable roof and is prob unibody and not likely as customizable as our vehicles, i like that it's a more interesting vehicle than just another boring compact suv. at least some passion went into the design- if my wife or daughter had this recon i wouldn't mind taking it out from time to time
Driving home saw a new Defender and this Recon looks more of what the new Defender should have been.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The bronco has added additional sales to the vehicle type. There have been more new bronco purchasers than Jeep brand defectors. I would hope a vehicles that had been built for 50 plus CONTINUOUS years would out sell a vehicle back after a 25 year hiatus.
Nobody is debating this, the vehicle type was basically the Wrangler before the Bronco came back to the market. I wish Suzuki still sold the Jimny convertible in the US.

My point was related to the demand and horrible supply (possibly artificially limited to allow for annual price increases) of the Bronco.
Sponsored