Sponsored

🌧️ 4 door soft top Safari performance in rain?

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For those of you with the softy, how does it perform in the rain in safari mode with no rear plastic?

If left with the windows up does a lot of water pool in the cargo area? Get the rear bench wet?

Just curious as I have only a 4 mile non highway commute and could see running without the rear plastic as a full time thing.
Sponsored

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I cant speak to it being parked in the rain or driving when it is actively raining, but I have driven it just after rain on wet roads. With the windows up, no water was slung into the cargo area, and the seats stayed dry of course. I think where you may run into more water entering is some good ole sideways rain from the wind. Interested to hear if others have any experiences.

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have done this with a wrangler. You are fine as long as you are moving. If you get stuck at a traffic light or you leave it in the parking lot, you will be soaked through and through.

utbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven’t been caught in the rain in safari mode but I have rinsed the cargo area out and water does make its way to the underfloor storage. I am going to get a cargo tray liner to prevent this.

Last edited:

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I might find out today. Had the windows out this week do to weather but today there is a 30% chance of rain/thunderstorm right around when I leave work. These are meant for a little adventure right?

Sponsored

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I lost the roll of the dice this morning. Drove to work in the pouring rain without the back windows but with a retractable cargo cover that sort of may have helped a little (does not fully cover). Then it proceeded to torrential downpour on and off for about 2 hours while parked. I had put towels down in the back knowing there would be some water, but the towels were soaked with a pool of water in the cargo mat. There was some splash on the the back seats but most of the water stayed in the cargo area. The sun came out and it was 80+ degrees for the afternoon so besides the soaked towels everything was dry by the time I was out of work.
I guess the Bronco did its job but not sure this v

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It does not make me wonder, like some very early comments, why on Earth they decided to put carpet on the backs of those rear seats? How dumb is that?
Sponsored