First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
the 4400 class bronco’s we’re running portals but I’m pretty sure the 4600 class they’re about here they were not.
They were 100%. Yeah very suspect for an even field.
Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I won't pretend to be an expert in this racing style but, stock is stock, right? I read thru the rule book. They all have to meet the same specs. Yes, the Ford team was supported by a lot more resources and $ than the other stock racers but I don't think you can fault Ford for that.

For me the thing to be most happy about is seeing these "stock" Broncos take all that punishment and finish ahead of many HIGHLY modified vehicles.
Yeah, I think stock only means some things need to be stock like the engine and a couple of other things. Suspension, axles axels all highly modified.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So if I take a $35k base 2.7 and throw another $40+K on portals, axles, suspension, wheels+tires, armor, safety gear and miss, I still got a “stock” Bronco (but of course Ford will not warrenty any of it), awesome! Way better than paying ADM for a $100k FE ya ain’t gonna put any miles on, imho. To each their own... congrats to the winners!!

Last edited:

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that's a freaking 12 hour video LOL ... I was hoping for a 3 minute recap of the Broncos.. .not a Tale of Two Cities featuring every Billy, Bob, Jethro and Jerome driving their trucks through the dirt from Mars to Neptune

Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This would have been way cooler and more impressive if it was some dude or dudette, from this forum, that built up a bronco and got on the podium.

Cool to see the stock parts of the bronco complete the course though.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This would have been way cooler and more impressive if it was some dude or dudette, from this forum, that built up a bronco and got on the podium.

Cool to see the stock parts of the bronco complete the course though.
You mean the point of the stock class like every other competitor?

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shameful. It’s like entering Usain Bolt in a high school track meet. I’m really losing respect for Ford. They don’t even need the accolades… they can’t build enough to meet demand as it is, and the ones they are building have tons of quality issues. but hey, thanks to these results, I‘m sure more dealers will feel justified demanding huge ADMs..

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shameful. It’s like entering Usain Bolt in a high school track meet. I’m really losing respect for Ford. They don’t even need the accolades… they can’t build enough to meet demand as it is, and the ones they are building have tons of quality issues. but hey, thanks to these results, I‘m sure more dealers will feel justified demanding huge ADMs..
Marketing ... it's already working lol

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Was tongue in cheek, but yeah, the mods would add maybe $30K to a Badlands Squatch to match. Honestly could be less, but they’ll never tell.

close enough that we can all feel good when watching and getting out the credit cards.
Stop thinking this is a stock Bronco that you can replicate through a 4wp catalog. There's probably $50k just in the front end of each of these broncos alone. There's nothing "off the shelf" up there, except for maybe the Howe trophy truck steering rack. The are required to use factory mounting points for the control arms, and that's all they did, build a mini T1 setup around the stock hard points.

They bought a podium sweep in a class that was created for the everyday wheeler to show up and be competitive in, at an even they are sponsoring. Accept it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stop thinking this is a stock Bronco that you can replicate through a 4wp catalog. There's probably $50k just in the front end of each of these broncos alone. There's nothing "off the shelf" up there, except for maybe the Howe trophy truck steering rack. The are required to use factory mounting points for the control arms, and that's all they did, build a mini T1 setup around the stock hard points.

They bought a podium sweep in a class that was created for the everyday wheeler to show up and be competitive in, at an even they are sponsoring. Accept it.
Look, let’s lose the fallacy of the “every day or every man wheeler” BS. These guys ain’t Joe from down the street who are racing this class. No, they ain’t Healy, but they ain’t just YOU neither.

Every single truck out there has about $50K worth of mods and custom fabrication. How much do you think a race spec safety cage costs? You can’t even enter if you don’t pass safety inspection. Why do you think that even when they roll over, they aren’t crushed like your old beater Cherokee or Wrangler would be since they’re both terrible in crash tests?

So what’s different here? Ford Factory World Class drivers. But most of these other guys are as close to pro as you come, this is why many have sponsors who pick up the tab for building these trucks; they are Trophy Trucks.

4400 class are basically race cars that cost over $400K and in the case of the Broncos, are over $1 million each, that’s the class where shit ain’t fair and it’s mostly full time pros doing the racing.

Without Ford and other big sponsors, KOH isn’t possible, nor as popular.

So, what I really want is for all of the keystone warriors and wheelers tune in today and enjoy one of the most fun races in Motorsport.

Please enjoy!

OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that's a freaking 12 hour video LOL ... I was hoping for a 3 minute recap of the Broncos.. .not a Tale of Two Cities featuring every Billy, Bob, Jethro and Jerome driving their trucks through the dirt from Mars to Neptune
Gots to be fully committed friend…. Grab a case of beer and enjoy!

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It does kind’a remind me of when Porsche went CanAm racing in the ‘70s and destroyed the competition and the series, but it was fun for a while...unlike Porsche, (I hope) Ford will lose interest soon and let the “privates” run their Broncos...maybe sell a special “race only edition” for them...at any rate glad to see King of the Hammers growing (Ford knows where to show off) props to all involved!! And good vibes for the future!!

OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It does kind’a remind me of when Porsche went CanAm racing in the ‘70s and destroyed the competition and the series, but it was fun for a while...unlike Porsche, (I hope) Ford will lose interest soon and let the “privates” run their Broncos...maybe sell a special “race only edition” for them...at any rate glad to see King of the Hammers growing (Ford knows where to show off) props to all involved!! And good vibes for the future!!
Ford actually does sell a race spec Bronco with a V8. Think they were $250K per offer and not street legal.

The reason why a factory enters a race like this is to test, then sell. Not sure if Ford will be a forever sponsor of KOH, but I'm sure you'll soon see Jeep try to come at them, and it would really be cool if Toyota and Nissan have a go. Honda already has an ATV spec in that class.

Sure, the factory drivers will sweep a field, that's why they're factory drivers and there are always only a select few good enough to do it.

The launch that Loren Healy did in qualifying in the "spacecraft" 4400 Bronco R is the stuff of lore and will go down in history, it also broke the wheeler internet; overall, it was just badass and very cool.

Scenes such as what Healy did are what Ford is paying for. Then it inspires us to feel proud in our Broncos. No, we don't have the million $$ spacecraft Bronco, but we have a cool Bronco that we'll tinker on, stand proud next too, and hopefully help Ford sell a ton more
Sponsored