redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good to see the Broncos win in the 4600. Not so much in the big boy class. The 4400 race was brutal today. Great to see Raul win again.

Not taking anything away from the win but getting help to winch up Sledge won him that race. No co driver so if he had to pull rope himself, he would have been 5/10 minutes behind. Marcos helped many racers throughout the day.
Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I guarantee next year there will be a 392 or 2 that have the 74 Weld portals on them. Bronco will still dominate and that will end the conversation about how “unfair” stock class has become. A lot of people thought the solid front axle guys would win 4400 class too because the rock section of the race was so brutal, but IFS took 1st and second handily there too.
The way those guys are driving those rigs I dont think it matters if you have ifs or solid axle. Its just gas it and go up the hill...Most of us worry about body damage and dont have that luxury. Yeah a 392 is stock now...so it will be interesting to see one up there.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
After Ford Performance who's the most well funded team in the 4600 class?

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There were a couple 392's in the race this year. Unfortunately, they only came stock in 4dr, so the benefit of all that power was more than offset by the detriment of all that extra length. I dunno if it would be legal in the rulebook to put a 392 in a 2dr...if it is, then dropping a 3.0L in the 2dr Broncos would be legal too since they're in 4dr Broncos. Ford should've made the 3.0L an option in the 2dr anyway, for that matter a 3.5L lol but that's neither here nor there. Saw a 4runner on portals this year too, probably others but I didn't see all the rigs. I believe the very first KOH winner was running a Bronco on portals, so in that regard it's come around full circle.

Honestly all I really care about is getting all that stuff they're using on their Broncos...on my Bronco. And for less money.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There were a couple 392's in the race this year. Unfortunately, they only came stock in 4dr, so the benefit of all that power was more than offset by the detriment of all that extra length. I dunno if it would be legal in the rulebook to put a 392 in a 2dr...if it is, then dropping a 3.0L in the 2dr Broncos would be legal too since they're in 4dr Broncos. Ford should've made the 3.0L an option in the 2dr anyway, for that matter a 3.5L lol but that's neither here nor there. Saw a 4runner on portals this year too, probably others but I didn't see all the rigs. I believe the very first KOH winner was running a Bronco on portals, so in that regard it's come around full circle.

Honestly all I really care about is getting all that stuff they're using on their Broncos...on my Bronco. And for less money.

I believe one of the Bronco competitors this year had a 2.3. The big three all have 2.7s. There are quite a few very powerful 2.3 stangs out there. Along with just as many 2.7 f-150s tuned. In the comment section of the smaller teams posts on IG, they have said that when they "bought" their Broncos, Ford told them they will "take care of any electronic issues". IMO a tuned 2.3 or 2.7 is more than competive at the current time.

Those 392s are also AWD. They do not offer a part-time or standard transfer case in a 392. I believe the rules allow a different transfer case.

Another thing to remember that the big three teams have had their Broncs for a couple of years now. The smaller teams have just completed their builds and have not had as much seat time.

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I believe one of the Bronco competitors this year had a 2.3. The big three all have 2.7s. There are quite a few very powerful 2.3 stangs out there. Along with just as many 2.7 f-150s tuned. In the comment section of the smaller teams posts on IG, they have said that when they "bought" their Broncos, Ford told them they will "take care of any electronic issues". IMO a tuned 2.3 or 2.7 is more than competive at the current time.

Those 392s are also AWD. They do not offer a part-time or standard transfer case in a 392. I believe the rules allow a different transfer case.

Another thing to remember that the big three teams have had their Broncs for a couple of years now. The smaller teams have just completed their builds and have not had as much seat time.
For sure, the 2.7L has the potential to be a real beast, and the same goes for the 2.3L. I don't really think adding more power is going to change the game all that much in the end. The only time all that power really comes in handy is on the long desert sections, and any desert racer will tell you that your suspension is more important than your power output, you're more likely to run out of suspension before you run out of power in a modern engine. The suspension they're running still has some big limitations imposed on it, and either engine is probably pushing that suspension to its limit. That said, extra power is certainly useful up to the point where you hit that suspension limit.

The rules do allow a different t-case, tons of other competitors run an Atlas and at least one Bronco does (honestly, the way they mounted the sticks, it looks like it was meant for them). I kinda wish the Atlas was an option for us without all of the control modules screaming in unison and committing suicide the second you turn the ignition on.

I'm interested in seeing what the next season brings for the Bronco in Ultra4. The smaller teams are going to get their chance to show what a less sponsored Bronco can do, and I'm sure the big ones probably have some new stuff in the works to stay competitive. Also heard that Ford might be taking their leave this year.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The way those guys are driving those rigs I dont think it matters if you have ifs or solid axle. Its just gas it and go up the hill...Most of us worry about body damage and dont have that luxury. Yeah a 392 is stock now...so it will be interesting to see one up there.
The Broncos dominated the 4600 Stock Class podium this year mostly based on their speed in the desert sections, not in the rocks.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Four doors are only good for mall'in...
And taking the family to the beach, camping or where ever.

I don't have kids and am too old to start now, so 2 doors for me!

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm sure the H.O.S.S on the 4600s is no the same that I'm running on my 2022 4 door wild trak. (if it is, then I'll be stocked to the max - wishful thinking)
I'm thinking of taking a drive to JV sometime in mid March and see how my stock bronco performs on a dessert run... LoL
Any interested broncos are always welcome, the more the more fun.

Sponsored

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Broncos dominated the 4600 Stock Class podium this year mostly based on their speed in the desert sections, not in the rocks.
Don’t forget professional race car drivers , in a class of amateurs.

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

KOH really needs a separate class with much more restrictions to get professional drivers backed by an endless stream of money and resources from a multi-billion dollar manufacturer (FORD) out of the class. I know FORD likes to showcase these wins to show how good the Bronco is but it's kinda embarrassing to be beating up on class of 1 or 2 man garage built vehicles meant for "everyman" to compete in.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

KOH really needs a separate class with much more restrictions to get professional drivers backed by an endless stream of money and resources from a multi-billion dollar manufacturer (FORD) out of the class. I know FORD likes to showcase these wins to show how good the Bronco is but it's kinda embarrassing to be beating up on class of 1 or 2 man garage built vehicles meant for "everyman" to compete in.
Easy to fix like they run the GTD Pro / GTD classes at the Rolex, same cars except pro is pro drivers and the other is amateur drivers.
Sponsored