First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A Benjamin and a half? Thanks but no thanks. I can buy ###two### LED strips for three Hamiltons and get a better distributed light both inside and outside the cab that is much lower profile.

https://a.co/d/7VD2l5L
Sponsored

Newbrunny

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is a good product and does what it is intended to. However if you like things to fit perfectly flush, it does not.

And yes I have had multiple emails with Oracle and they even sent me a “Gen2” version which fit flush marginally better. I did not bother following up after replacing “Gen1” with “Gen2”. It is what it is…

But to be clear it is a good light and fills a need.

ricstang

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What about soft tops?

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Subaru Forrester, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What's the best hard-wire install option? I assume the wiper motor doesn't have steady power, just a long switchleg running back to it. Maybe still have to run that wire to the 12v socket but pop off that back side-panel and splice in behind the cig lighter?

I live in phoenix... that tape holding the wire... will not last a single summer. Have to look at other options there too.

That all said - the product is great; probably pick one up and figure out the wiring.
I got this unit a while ago (so probably the first generation?) and it has been super awesome. I ran the wire along the hard top glass and down the strut. I spliced mine into the rear cargo light rather than the 12V socket then used a simple quick release for when I take the top off (like it is now) that I just tuck between the trim. This way I can turn the light on anytime the car is on or whenever I open the trunk. It stays on for a while after the doors are all closed too
Ford Bronco 🔦 Product Spotlight 🔦 LED CARGO LIGHT FOR 2021-2024 FORD BRONCO IMG_9024

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The cargo area is virtually overlooked in lighting from Ford. The Ford Bronco is a great vehicle, but one area for improvement is the factory LED interior lighting in the cargo area. The existing lighting doesn't provide enough usable illumination for the rear cargo area. ORACLE Lighting has developed an integrated cargo light module to easily add a bright LED light to the rear hatch cargo space and the area around the vehicle! This Ford Bronco cargo light uses the vehicle's existing 12V power source and simply replaces the factory wiper motor cover. Installation is simple.

Oracle_Lighting_Bronco_LED_Cargo_Light.jpg

Order yours today using the exclusive Forum discount code: BRONCO10

https://www.oraclelights.com/products/ford-bronco-led-cargo-light-module

Oracle_Lighting_Bronco_LED_Cargo_Light_1.jpeg

Oracle_Lighting_Bronco_LED_Cargo_Light_2.jpeg
Looks like a solid option but,

I don't really see any photos demonstrating how well it illuminates the interior cargo area at night. That's where it would primarily be noticed. I'm assuming it's better but not seeing a before and after leaves a lot to the imagination. Could you post some up for us? The link doesn't have much more either. Maybe an install on a vehicle that has a drop down tailgate table would help to understand how well this product actually works.
And one thought regarding the illumination on the trail. A red or amber mode is highly encouraged to reduce the mosquitos flocking to the kitchen.

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
ORACLE Terry

ORACLE Terry

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, RAM TRX, Gladiator, Wrangler JL,
Your Bronco Model
Base

I don't really see any photos demonstrating how well it illuminates the interior cargo area at night. That's where it would primarily be noticed. I'm assuming it's better but not seeing a before and after leaves a lot to the imagination. Could you post some up for us? The link doesn't have much more either.
And one thought regarding the illumination on the trail. A red or amber mode is highly encouraged to reduce the mosquitos flocking to the kitchen.

Thanks,

Matt
That's a good point. I have our show Bronco and I'll see if I can get some night shots in the next few days.

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That looks nice, but IMO too much moola for a light unit with a switch...

Mean Green

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco 2dr Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rear accessory light turns off in 10 minute, outlet turns off in an hour.

Direct wired to the light with the switch on would allow for the light to be used as a much brighter accessory light or switched lighting.

Wired to the outlet gets you tailgate table lighting to cook, etc…

Water proof two wire plug at the rear top of the panel would allow for a quick disconnect to remove the top.

Nilight - 50020R 2Pin Way 16AWG Waterproof Wire 1.5mm Series Terminal Connector-10 Pack,2 Years Warranty https://a.co/d/1T7iWoP

Wire channel for the rear window was noted earlier.

D-Line TV Cord Hider, Patented Half Round Cable Cover, Hide Wall Mount TV Wires, Hinged One-Piece Cable Concealer, Paintable, Adhesive, Decorative Raceway - 0.78in W x 0.39in H x 15.7in L - Black https://a.co/d/3QJAhJc

OP
OP
ORACLE Terry

ORACLE Terry

Base
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

I don't really see any photos demonstrating how well it illuminates the interior cargo area at night. That's where it would primarily be noticed. I'm assuming it's better but not seeing a before and after leaves a lot to the imagination. Could you post some up for us? The link doesn't have much more either. Maybe an install on a vehicle that has a drop down tailgate table would help to understand how well this product actually works.

Thanks,

Matt
LED Rear Cargo Light on!
Ford Bronco 🔦 Product Spotlight 🔦 LED CARGO LIGHT FOR 2021-2024 FORD BRONCO IMG_3100

Ford Bronco 🔦 Product Spotlight 🔦 LED CARGO LIGHT FOR 2021-2024 FORD BRONCO IMG_3102

With the Cargo Light off:
Ford Bronco 🔦 Product Spotlight 🔦 LED CARGO LIGHT FOR 2021-2024 FORD BRONCO IMG_3096

OP
OP
ORACLE Terry

ORACLE Terry

Base
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh yes that is quite a bit better than what I have now. Thank you
The bottom photo is without the light. It's amazing what this light does.
Sponsored