Sponsored

NOW AVALIABLE: ORACLE LIGHTING 2021-2023 FORD BRONCO LED OFF-ROAD SIDE MIRROR DITCH LIGHTS

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But the installation video said it was a quick 20 minute install and the mirror caps easily snapped into place 🙄

I easily spent an hour trying to get the shells aligned / fitted and need to revisit my driver side mirror cap in the near future.

In hindsight, I feel like I just participated in a social experiment…
15-20 minutes per side. No problem getting the caps to snap on correctly. Start with the inside edge like the instructions said and it popped right on. Maybe I was lucky?
Sponsored

cve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@ORACLE Lighting

Got the lights today and they look great.

I’m mounting them on a OBX with Lux, 2 questions:
  1. How do you remove the side light panel blank from the housing?
  2. Is the lens secured with adhesive under the plate? I’m prepping them for paint and would like to remove the light module.

ORACLE Lighting

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@ORACLE Lighting

2. Is the lens secured with adhesive under the plate? I’m prepping them for paint and would like to remove the light module.
Hello, happy to help.

1) It is just clipped in, depress the clips to remove it.
2) On the factory light? It is likely ultrasonically welded not adhesive.

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

15-20 minutes per side. No problem getting the caps to snap on correctly. Start with the inside edge like the instructions said and it popped right on. Maybe I was lucky?
Nah, I think I’m just unlucky. My driver side mirror still looks like this and that’s the absolute best that it’ll fit. That bottom lip is clipped in, but won’t sit flush.
Ford Bronco NOW AVALIABLE: ORACLE LIGHTING 2021-2023 FORD BRONCO LED OFF-ROAD SIDE MIRROR DITCH LIGHTS F987B200-8E39-4E91-9479-B484318F3792

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nah, I think I’m just unlucky. My driver side mirror still looks like this and that’s the absolute best that it’ll fit. That bottom lip is clipped in, but won’t sit flush.
Ford Bronco NOW AVALIABLE: ORACLE LIGHTING 2021-2023 FORD BRONCO LED OFF-ROAD SIDE MIRROR DITCH LIGHTS F987B200-8E39-4E91-9479-B484318F3792
Yeah, mine definitely didn’t look like that.

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For those that have the cameras puddle lights and signals is it as easy as popping those blanks out or does more factory equipment need to be unscrewed?

@ORACLE Lighting

The camera stays in place on the mirror frame, only the two lights are attached to the oracle shell. There are two blanks and a rubber plug that you'll have to remove. The puddle lights are a simple push clip, easy to remove and install, same goes for the rubber plug. The side lights (zone lighting) had a foam adhesive strip holding it in addition to the clips. Thought I was doing something wrong with the clips until I noticed the foam. Undo the inner push clips first and slowly push the blank away from the shell. To install your OEM light housing, hook the outside edge of the light in, then rock the light toward the inner push clips like you would an AK mag until it clips into place. The OEM light has its own foam backing so you won't have to replace it. If I were to do another set, I'd probably replace the foam on the light housing with some fresh adhesive foam because the push clips by themselves don't hold the light housing in very well compared to the OEM shell. Every time I attempted an install and removed it for whatever reason, the side light came unclipped. Hoping that there's something on the inside that's putting some kind of pressure on the light to keep it from just falling in the first time it gets bumped.

That's what mine looked like when I got the top and everything else lined up correctly. Same problem happened on the top when I got the bottom and everywhere else to line up. Went back and forth trying to get all of it aligned I dunno how many times. I settled on the bottom being out of alignment because it would be the least visible spot and tightened the screws. A quick break later, I changed my mind and decided to smack the mirror from the bottom, and things improved. I continued using frustration as my primary tool until the bottom lined up correctly. So...maybe go out there and slap your mirror until it does what it's told? Maybe a soft mallet or hammer would've been a better choice, who knows. It looks acceptable now 🤷‍♂️

cve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The camera stays in place on the mirror frame, only the two lights are attached to the oracle shell. There are two blanks and a rubber plug that you'll have to remove. The puddle lights are a simple push clip, easy to remove and install, same goes for the rubber plug. The side lights (zone lighting) had a foam adhesive strip holding it in addition to the clips. Thought I was doing something wrong with the clips until I noticed the foam. Undo the inner push clips first and slowly push the blank away from the shell. To install your OEM light housing, hook the outside edge of the light in, then rock the light toward the inner push clips like you would an AK mag until it clips into place. The OEM light has its own foam backing so you won't have to replace it. If I were to do another set, I'd probably replace the foam on the light housing with some fresh adhesive foam because the push clips by themselves don't hold the light housing in very well compared to the OEM shell. Every time I attempted an install and removed it for whatever reason, the side light came unclipped. Hoping that there's something on the inside that's putting some kind of pressure on the light to keep it from just falling in the first time it gets bumped.

That's what mine looked like when I got the top and everything else lined up correctly. Same problem happened on the top when I got the bottom and everywhere else to line up. Went back and forth trying to get all of it aligned I dunno how many times. I settled on the bottom being out of alignment because it would be the least visible spot and tightened the screws. A quick break later, I changed my mind and decided to smack the mirror from the bottom, and things improved. I continued using frustration as my primary tool until the bottom lined up correctly. So...maybe go out there and slap your mirror until it does what it's told? Maybe a soft mallet or hammer would've been a better choice, who knows. It looks acceptable now 🤷‍♂️
I really appreciate the write up! The foam adhesive was tripping me up.

Ford Bronco NOW AVALIABLE: ORACLE LIGHTING 2021-2023 FORD BRONCO LED OFF-ROAD SIDE MIRROR DITCH LIGHTS BE1BA6F6-CC62-4134-ACB9-67D82F645060

Reactions: Tex

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco NOW AVALIABLE: ORACLE LIGHTING 2021-2023 FORD BRONCO LED OFF-ROAD SIDE MIRROR DITCH LIGHTS BE1BA6F6-CC62-4134-ACB9-67D82F645060
You may want to piece that foam liner back together if you can; it seals the area around the turn signal.

Reactions: cve

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW z3, Nisan rogue, joint-custody of Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Would love a play-by-play /watch outs. Plan to paint for my OBX as well

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You may want to piece that foam liner back together if you can; it seals the area around the turn signal.
The OEM light housing has a thicker foam gasket already in place, it's just not sticky on both sides. I think if both foam gaskets were retained, it's possible there might be too much to compress and fit. I chose to remove it since the foam was already in pieces, my reasoning was that if I needed extra foam I'd be better off buying stuff in good shape rather than ripped up. It did end up compressing the OEM foam, so there's still a seal there. Might not be that way for everyone's though, so it's still worth checking.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed my lights yesterday. The passenger side went very smooth and the fit and finish looks like the OEM. I had a harder time on the drivers side. I could not get the camera to sit flush in its hole. I spent probably 2 1/2 hours taking the mirror base off and putting it back on. I finally took a round file and filed around the edges of the hole - it popped right in. The drivers side bottom lip does not fit as flush as the passenger side but it is close.
I did wire each mirror to a separate AUX switch. I think it comes in handy in campsites to be able to only turn one light on at a time.
Ford Bronco NOW AVALIABLE: ORACLE LIGHTING 2021-2023 FORD BRONCO LED OFF-ROAD SIDE MIRROR DITCH LIGHTS 5E348B80-83E2-4DB6-B5D5-3A1E2BC9A86E
Ford Bronco NOW AVALIABLE: ORACLE LIGHTING 2021-2023 FORD BRONCO LED OFF-ROAD SIDE MIRROR DITCH LIGHTS 00602A05-E243-4269-8A39-16E895866256
Ford Bronco NOW AVALIABLE: ORACLE LIGHTING 2021-2023 FORD BRONCO LED OFF-ROAD SIDE MIRROR DITCH LIGHTS 5F1E47F5-5555-42F0-9BFA-E92210449832

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Between my install, this thread, and the other thread, it seems that the driver side is the one giving everyone the most problems with fitment.

I did wire each mirror to a separate AUX switch. I think it comes in handy in campsites to be able to only turn one light on at a time.
I wish I had the free aux switches to do that, sounds really useful. I'm already out of switches and have been consolidating several lights and equipment to one switch in order to free others up. Six switches just isn't enough ( ._.)

JP_Oracle

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Between my install, this thread, and the other thread, it seems that the driver side is the one giving everyone the most problems with fitment.

I wish I had the free aux switches to do that, sounds really useful. I'm already out of switches and have been consolidating several lights and equipment to one switch in order to free others up. Six switches just isn't enough ( ._.)
Ford Bronco NOW AVALIABLE: ORACLE LIGHTING 2021-2023 FORD BRONCO LED OFF-ROAD SIDE MIRROR DITCH LIGHTS 5F1E47F5-5555-42F0-9BFA-E92210449832
There's a rubber gasket on the mirror arm that can snag the bottom around where the cover meets the arm. If you fold the mirror assembly in & out a few times, you should be able to get this to settle with that gasket.

You may need to also re-set that bottom corner after doing this to get it to line up.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There's a rubber gasket on the mirror arm that can snag the bottom around where the cover meets the arm. If you fold the mirror assembly in & out a few times, you should be able to get this to settle with that gasket.

You may need to also re-set that bottom corner after doing this to get it to line up.
Caught that the first time around. My trouble occurred after I got the gasket aligned properly. Appreciate the suggestion though
Sponsored