Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sorry, but reservations and locked MSRP is not true. No ifs, ands or buts about it!
Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah. I would like to be able to order a Heritage, they look nice and are a throwback. But with this info it seems they probably wouldnā€™t be availableā€¦
You can easily have the grill, top, and whatever else you want painted white. Iā€™m contemplating that on mine once it arrives in about 10 days. 7/20/20 reservation.

Eruption Green/4 dr/OBX/MIC/Sasquatch/LUX/2.7L/HD Modular.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where do you live? Not the case here in IL. MY exact build is on a lot right now for $77K. They wouldn't budge a bit.

GearHd6

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, what's holding up my 2 year old 2dr Badlands reservation at this point then? 2.3, manual, high package, nothing else. Its been sitting at a priority 2 for a while now. I notice most of the new info doesn't talk much about the 2dr.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I was an order holder with the current 'sins', I'd find a dealer other than who you're currently with and place a 'walk in' order for the same thing and see which one shows up first......

Sponsored

Broncobadlands2023

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol so despite the fact people have been waiting for YEARS and theyā€™re now paying people to take lower trim models. Ford has decided their next decision is to take more orders!

brilliant!

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX; Tesla M3; BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"That's right Zuzu, every time a first month reservation holder gets kicked in the balls a Ford executive gets their bonus."
zuzus petals.jpg
To quote Homer Simpson: "It's funny 'cause its true"

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haha.

Fundamentally all the reservations did was allow Ford to gauge interest, and give you a place in line.

That ā€œplace in lineā€ turned out to be meaningless due to the all of the various component constraints. So really all it did was allow Ford to gauge interest, and give us customers a warm and fuzzy feeling that we had a place in an imaginary line that didnā€™t actually exist. (Until everyone realized the line didnā€™t exist and then we all got pissed.)

The idea behind the reservation system was smart, and had we not ran into component constraints and worldwide supply chain issues it would have worked beautifully. But unfortunately for Ford, they went from having a vehicle surplus when they announced the reservation system in summer 2020, to a gigantic shortage of everything once they began production in summer 2021.
All true. But fast forward to 2022 - how did Ford, informed now by 2+ years of supply issue, decide that introducing a subwoofer as a standard piece to all Broncos was a good idea only to (apparently) RUN OUT of subwoofer parts barely one month into production? Yeah, that's a small thing, it's just a stereo but rather indicative of some seriously flawed forecasting and supply chain management.

Again, just a stereo but moving up to the 20K view . . . how did Ford, again with the massive benefit of hindsight on so many supply issues, decide that introducing the Heritage models for 2023 was a GOOD idea when two of the PRIMARY features on EVERY Heritage model are - we are told - in such serious constraint that they need to be REMOVED from orders? The Sasquatch and (Mod) HT options are essential to the Heritage - what the hell is going on at Ford that they thought introducing these was a good idea when they clearly do not have the parts? Either they are unbelievably mismanaged on forecasting and supply chain (hardly, they lead the world) or they did it intentionally to create chaos among the long term reservation holders for whom they need to continually accrue significant amounts of $$ every quarter to account for as-yet unpaid discounts and force them out of the system.

TangoHunter

Base
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Starting to see the truth where the video references car makers purposely tightening supply.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Starting to see the truth where the video references car makers purposely tightening supply.
Manufacturers will try to control things via production, and dealers will hang onto ADM like grim death, until they reel in every last sucker. But eventually the dam will burst.

Also it may seem on a site like this, that desire for Broncos is unending. And yes there is a large market compared to some other vehicles. But there are only so many 6G "I must have a Bronco" types out there. No one I know outside of 6G cares about Bronco, most don't even know it exists.

Most of my Jeep friends are still buying Jeeps. My FJ friends are still into their FJs. They are not wasting time and energy on the mythical Bronco, lol.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha.

Fundamentally all the reservations did was allow Ford to gauge interest, and give you a place in line.

That ā€œplace in lineā€ turned out to be meaningless due to the all of the various component constraints. So really all it did was allow Ford to gauge interest, and give us customers a warm and fuzzy feeling that we had a place in an imaginary line that didnā€™t actually exist. (Until everyone realized the line didnā€™t exist and then we all got pissed.)

The idea behind the reservation system was smart, and had we not ran into component constraints and worldwide supply chain issues it would have worked beautifully. But unfortunately for Ford, they went from having a vehicle surplus when they announced the reservation system in summer 2020, to a gigantic shortage of everything once they began production in summer 2021.
You forgot the part where they got to boast about it in their shareholder meetings. Surely they still mention the amount outstanding, right?
Sponsored