Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Jeep kit including the sound strips is about $550.
If memory serves me correctly (and I wouldn't bet the farm on that) I paid approx. $350 for the Hot Head liner. The kit I bought included the entire underside of the top liners, along with the rear side window liners, and the sound stips. The sound strips are 3 layer that has the plastic bubble type insulation with foil on both sides, and one side has the 3M type sticky stuff.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Congratulations Brett, I'm happy to see that a DM Bronco has been released into the wild. Enjoy the ride.

As far as the headliner I'm torn. Do I take it off my order, or not. I know that Mark at www.hotheadheadliners.com will have a much better quality product. I have one of his liners in my Wrangler. I could just get the Ford liner, order a Hot Head, and just stick it to the thin Ford liner. What to do....what to do......
Thanks for this. The look and quality of the hothead product is so much better than factory. I’m going to cancel the Ford liner from my order.

Cyskers

First Edition
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maxima
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just got notified from Ford that my FE is finally moved to "In Production." It was scheduled the week the tops shut everything down. I have a WT on Dirt Mountain, we'll see if that one beats my FE to the dealer. My guess is the FE wins the race.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for this. The look and quality of the hothead product is so much better than factory. I’m going to cancel the Ford liner from my order.
Eric, you'll like the Hot Head for sure. If you get a chance sign up for update on www.hotheadheadliners.com. I'm hoping the more Mark see's wanting his liner for their Bronco it will give him more incentive to get them as soon as he can.

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Came via convoy sometime last night.

2.7L BB MIC SAS 4dr Cactus Gray

20210918_143711.jpg

Top is everywhere in the garage right now. I was not expecting this truck for another month. I need to clean and organize. More in depth pics to follow. Deadener looks pretty good. It's lightly shedding particles everywhere. The bolt cages where I took the top off also look chipped. The paint seems to already be affected from the bolts. I'll post that later as well. For now the bolts are back in.

2021 Bronco fixed updated revised MIC Top 2.0 confirmed 6.jpg

2021 Bronco fixed updated revised MIC Top 2.0 confirmed 4.jpg

2021 Bronco fixed updated revised MIC Top 2.0 confirmed 5.jpg

2021 Bronco fixed updated revised MIC Top 2.0 confirmed 1.jpg

2021 Bronco fixed updated revised MIC Top 2.0 confirmed 3.jpg

2021 Bronco fixed updated revised MIC Top 2.0 confirmed 2.jpg

2021 Bronco fixed updated revised MIC Top 2.0 confirmed 7.jpg

More info posted by @CO-Bronco
Ah, there's hope for us yet! Mine is a 07/21 and I know that it's been built, so keepin'em crossed. Nice that your first impulse was to take off the top. You da man!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Eric, you'll like the Hot Head for sure. If you get a chance sign up for update on www.hotheadheadliners.com. I'm hoping the more Mark see's wanting his liner for their Bronco it will give him more incentive to get them as soon as he can.
Tempted to just hot glue some corrugated cardboard to the MIC hardtop and pretend it's high quality like the Ford ceiling carpet. ;)

I am just not a big fan of what Ford used as a sound deadening headliner from what I have seen on video... who knows, maybe it won't be so bad in person.

Bullet42

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RangeRoverSport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like a more square off in the back.

OP
OP
TheHitmanHenson

TheHitmanHenson

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank you for all of the pics!

My question is actually about the condition of the bronco in general. How is the paint and the interior after sitting at DM? I'm guessing it's good since you didn't mention it, but i wanted to verify. Also... how many miles were on it at delivery?
35 miles were on my Bronco. Everything was in perfect condition. Except I've noticed some blemishes with my top. I will be posting those issues. Also I just sent a post to the admin about some front seal issues with both front windows. After opening and closing the windows now many times there seems to be a major issue with the rubber seals on the doors.

20211004_155154.jpg

20211004_154957.jpg

20211004_154920.jpg

20211004_154906.jpg

20210927_152812.jpg

20210927_152807.jpg

20211004_155026.jpg

20211004_155035.jpg

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

35 miles were on my Bronco. Everything was in perfect condition. Except I've noticed some blemishes with my top. I will be posting those issues. Also I just sent a post to the admin about some front seal issues with both front windows. After opening and closing the windows now many times there seems to be a major issue with the rubber seals on the doors.

20211004_155154.jpg

20211004_154957.jpg

20211004_154920.jpg

20211004_154906.jpg

20210927_152812.jpg

20210927_152807.jpg

20211004_155026.jpg

20211004_155035.jpg
Just what I feared mic top 2.0 still has issues wtf. Is the issue the design Or is it webasto workers not giving 2 fucks. Make sure you get these pics to mike Levine Twitter account ASAP so ford knows there’s still issues

Sponsored

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘23 Porsche 992T; ‘20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
^^Unacceptable, shame on Ford for delivering.a car in that condition.

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I borrowed my brother in-laws JL for a weekend and noticed that it's top isn't perfect either. I think these removable hardtops will just have imperfections. I don't think any one of them will be perfect or stay perfect. You can't expect them to be built with the same regularity as a standard painted vehicle top.

OP
OP
TheHitmanHenson

TheHitmanHenson

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just what I feared mic top 2.0 still has issues wtf. Is the issue the design Or is it webasto workers not giving 2 fucks. Make sure you get these pics to mike Levine Twitter account ASAP so ford knows there’s still issues
I will be heading up to the dealership with all my concerns. Not sure how much can or will be accomplished there but I will definitely get this info to the right people. Thanks

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I borrowed my brother in-laws JL for a weekend and noticed that it's top isn't perfect either. I think these removable hardtops will just have imperfections. I don't think any one of them will be perfect or stay perfect. You can't expect them to be built with the same regularity as a standard painted vehicle top.
There is some unspoken truth about that Steve. When I picked up my new Jeep JL in '19 one of the removable panel had some wierd discoloration along the edges. Thankfully the dealer replaced the panel. Then about a year later it developed some stupid "creaks, and moans". I'm fairly sure it's coming from the seals between the top, and the body. I've just let that go, and got used to the noise. The hardtops for the Jeep have been produced for a long time, and they still aren't perfect. So we may just have to make some adjustments for the MIC top, or it's gonna drive us crazy running back to the dealer.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is some unspoken truth about that Steve. When I picked up my new Jeep JL in '19 one of the removable panel had some wierd discoloration along the edges. Thankfully the dealer replaced the panel. Then about a year later it developed some stupid "creaks, and moans". I'm fairly sure it's coming from the seals between the top, and the body. I've just let that go, and got used to the noise. The hardtops for the Jeep have been produced for a long time, and they still aren't perfect. So we may just have to make some adjustments for the MIC top, or it's gonna drive us crazy running back to the dealer.
There is no unspoken truth about it. Others, me included, have been saying this for months. Too many people on B6G are expecting perfection with the MIC removable top.

No top on the Bronco is going to be perfect, regardless if it is a soft top, MIC, or Modular. They all will make noise, leak water, and not stay in perfect as-delivered shape. It just the nature of an off road vehicle that has removable sections of its body.
Sponsored