Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I do, I have one of Marks liners. And, I will say that it is thicker with a much better material than what Ford, and even Jeep uses. You can also buy sound strips (that I highly recommend) that go between the inside of the top and the liner that will give it even more insulation. I know it won't be free like Fords, but I will pay for a quality product before I accept an inferior product even if it's free.
The Jeep kit including the sound strips is about $550.
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I wanted a meticulous top interior liner, I would have ordered an effing Land Rover. The original Bronco and the later models had a top that kept heavy rain out of the cabin. That's my level of expectation. I'd have taken the MIC V 1.0 top. BFD. It's a Bronco for God's sake, not a Eurotrash pimp mobile.

Last edited:

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If I wanted a meticulous top interior liner, I would have ordered an effing Land Rover. The original Bronco and the later models had a top that kept heavy rain out of the cabin. That's my level of expectation. I'd have taken the MIC V 1.0 top. BFD. It's a fucking Bronco, not a Eurotrash pimp mobile.
EXACTLY......it's a frigging TRUCK!!!!!!!

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's fine if you want a base model. At $60k, something nice should be available.
Seriously. It is not lost on my wife (and sometimes me), that you can get a hella equipped Mercedes GLC for LESS money than my Badlands build. And the GLC actually offers me different interior options instead of sticking me with mustard yellow.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's fine if you want a base model. At $60k, something nice should be available.
Yup, not buying the it’s a truck excuse. The Bronco, (and almost all vehicles in general now) are way more complex and sophisticated than before. They are also more expensive even accounting for inflation.

So with that price comes expectations. At $60k it should be quality

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this seriously how all of the hard top headliners look?? Wow!! Looks like speaker box carpet slapped on.

AA63944D-3485-44CF-A1DC-4CA2F62C7593.jpeg

41B9220B-F114-4FC1-8A7C-F4F963E55BDC.jpeg
well, it's put into speakers to deaden the sound inside of them from bouncing around, seems like a good thing to use...

Looks fine enough to me, not a fan of all the areas hotheads doesn't cover, all the white skeleton lines in the photos here. I'm getting a soft top now, but once (if) I get the MIC top, I'd be happy with that 'carpet'. To each their own. OP should run a vac over his, since it's all off the truck right now, let us know if that helped. Looking forward to more reports of 2.0 owners!

By the way, is there a part number or something somewhere on these? Somewhere where you can tell the 1.0 from the 2.0? I haven't seen any photos of that yet.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously. It is not lost on my wife (and sometimes me), that you can get a hella equipped Mercedes GLC for LESS money than my Badlands build. And the GLC actually offers me different interior options instead of sticking me with mustard yellow.
But how comfortable would you be off-roading a GLC? I personally wouldn't even consider a bronco if I wasn't expecting to take it off-road because there are much nicer interiors in cars/CUVs around the same price point.

Sponsored

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not understanding why you have it all over..My new 2.0 top is at the dealer waiting for me to have it installed free..

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yup, not buying the it’s a truck excuse. The Bronco, (and almost all vehicles in general now) are way more complex and sophisticated than before. They are also more expensive even accounting for inflation.

So with that price comes expectations. At $60k it should be quality
I'm no EB expert. Quick research shows the '66 EB was a roof and doorless roadster for $2,200 1966 dollars; about $18,500 in 2021. I can't quickly find original pricing by trim, but the Ranger and Sport packages back in the day added a roof and doors and upleveled upholstery. Estimating those packages added $500 to $900 to the base price, puts a simi-comparable EB to a Base Gen 6 (i.e. roof and doors) around $24,000 vs. $30K for a Gen 6.

Say Ford sold an EB with fancy tech stuff (for the late 1960's) easily found on Mercury and Lincoln vehicles and priced a top-line EB at $6,500, that puts theoretical the top-line 1966 EB at $55K in today's dollars.

I'd bet the rudimentary 1966 EB roof would have zero interior trim to it. It probably would have been the same roof as the base in the fictitious EB high-trim; which is the point we are making. It's a Bronco truck with a plastic removable roof that is meant to get thrown in the garage or yard shed for storage. The prospective Hot Heads product, with fabric-covered foam board insulation will probably be far more susceptible to damage when stored. That's the point I am making; I'd rather have the roadie-proof speaker rug material on the inside of my MIC top regardless of trim level.

DirtMountainMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not understanding why you have it all over..My new 2.0 top is at the dealer waiting for me to have it installed free..
This is very big news especially for the 2-dr crowd. Maybe the first indication that the 2-dr MIC 2.0 is being distributed to the public. You should start a new thread explaining the details of how you were notified.

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I feel like I’ve never seen that odd expanded foam/mesh on the seam before. Nor that thin layer under the sound deadening felt.
Yep, looks like they added a plastic finish layer to the main body on the inside of the panels. People complained of loose rough fibers. It would be cool if they could figure out a good method to make it all look more finished and professional.