🛠 1/17/2022 Build week group

BroncoRob_Reignited

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 m240i Convertible, 2021 Bronco (pending)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A buddy in Vegas just sent this to me. I checked their site- it's so frustrating that some dealerships can have two door 1st editons and a two door outer banks hardtop in stock and ready to sell when there are plenty of us first day reservation holders still waiting... ugh... Well, if anyone wants to pay 100k for a 1st edition, here's your chance...

Ford Bronco 🛠 1/17/2022 Build week group 123_1(2)
Sponsored

markpilip

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They do install chips indirectly at least. The chips come on a module board or circuit. This is what can be installed after the build for some modules. The chips caused the entire module electronics to be left out. No matter how you want to say the chips are the root issue.
Don't disagree that chip availability can be a root cause. But Ford doesn't actually install the chips. As you say, they'll plug in missing parts of various kinds.

The assumption that some have here that UAW workers are installing wave-soldered ICs in the snow of Ice Mountain is kind of funny. I have visions of folks thinking the plant operations crew is running down to Home Depot to pick up a bunch of Hakkos. Keeps me laughing.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hmmm...are you saying dealerships have "allocations" that are (at this point) mostly filled by reservation holder orders and then they also have an allotment of "stock" orders that they can fill, independent of reservation holders?
If so, that's some bullshit lol
To my understanding, a dealerships allocations represented their total order capacity, which would be filled by reservations first, but if they could not build the reserved orders due to constraints, THEN they would fill other orders.
We have the exact same build, it's not like she just came in and ordered the most basic build and that's what pushed her ahead.
Yes, it's why people are walking in off the street and getting build dates a few weeks later. Not the dealers with huge reservations, but dealers who had a limited number of reservations, but sell a huge amount of ford total product line. The allocation system is predicated on the total number of cars a dealer sells, not just how many broncos they took reservations for. They changed the percentages last year, meaning it favors larger dealers who sell a lot of fords total line. Commodity shortages have played a huge roll in what gets built as well.....they have to fill the build weeks.

CincyMaddock

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tesla just pushed the CyberTruck back to 2023 and recalled 800k vehicles this week 🤣

Ford is definitely in a crappy position but I don’t see another manufacturer crushing it right now.
For what it is worth the recall was over no chime when the driver doesn’t put on their seatbelt and it was fixed over the air.

CincyMaddock

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You guys are going to think I’m crazy, BUT I’ve either found my Bronco on Ice Mountain or its identical twin in that video posted on YouTube yesterday of people working on Broncos.

BB, softie, cactus, non-squatch, no tow, retro head and tail lights, tube step, HD bumper.

If only I could see the rear locker or aux switches.

Why do they have the hoods up?

Sponsored

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good question. Couple theories are battery maintenance. Or yes it’s possible it’s a module install that was missing. That could be depending on the module an easy 5 minute plug in operation. It seems weird they would do it like that in the lot to me but who knows.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Conspiracy theorists could have field day with that one...

Hmmmmm, let' see....

Dipsticks,
Julian dates,
Chips,
Modules,
Hoses rubbing against pulleys,
loose ground wire terminals,

In other news, and certainly much better than the above,

Washed the Bronco we have now. Also, used the Chemical Guys soft top kit to wash and treat the soft top. That stuff is amazing!!!!
Currently installing the JCR Off Road folding table on the rear tailgate.
Just took delivery of a set of take-off rock rails from a fellow forum member for installation on my wife's Bronco.

And, checking here to see what the rest of the family is up to.

Here's hoping we see this pause as an opportunity to reduce the potential impact of being on Ice Mountain. I think it is going to be a busy week at some level within Ford as they sort the logistics of us being on hold, managing the shortage that caused it, and implementing a plan to mitigate it far quicker than Dirt Mountain. They have to manage this issue now as they are pushed into a corner of trying to restart production and having this backlog. It will be interesting to see how the week progresses. I hope we get some more Ice Mountain pictures/video after Wednesday. I would like to think we may start to see something happen.

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, it's why people are walking in off the street and getting build dates a few weeks later. Not the dealers with huge reservations, but dealers who had a limited number of reservations, but sell a huge amount of ford total product line. The allocation system is predicated on the total number of cars a dealer sells, not just how many broncos they took reservations for. They changed the percentages last year, meaning it favors larger dealers who sell a lot of fords total line. Commodity shortages have played a huge roll in what gets built as well.....they have to fill the build weeks.
I guess this is what is confusing to me. My dealer has insinuated that they had a ton of reservations. So many that he knew we would likely not get a MY21 and that we would still have many before is in line for MY22. Making it sound like their Bronco allocations were completely fulfilled by reservation holders.
Constraints should play no role in this scenario, as we have the exact same build.
i mean, if this is how it works, why wouldn’t he just tell me I could get it quicker if I placed a non-reserved order?

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good question. Couple theories are battery maintenance. Or yes it’s possible it’s a module install that was missing. That could be depending on the module an easy 5 minute plug in operation. It seems weird they would do it like that in the lot to me but who knows.
Battery maintenance would make sense, but also would depend how long these rigs have been out there for.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here’s the table I installed in the wife’s Bronco…

Phenomenal product. www.jcroffroad.com

18E170A4-0D9C-4999-9697-76C04A18647F.jpeg

41EADBEE-1973-4DF4-8FF3-674FBCF84DB3.jpeg

Sponsored

section525

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been eye-ballin that one as well. I thought it'd make a great little table for the 🏂 trips and 📸 equipment. I have not heard from anyone that it rattles or makes noises... but that is the only thing I worry about if installing it. Keep us updated on how it performs.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been eye-ballin that one as well. I thought it'd make a great little table for the 🏂 trips and 📸 equipment. I have not heard from anyone that it rattles or makes noises... but that is the only thing I worry about if installing it. Keep us updated on how it performs.
I will. With the tolerances it has, I am not anticipating this any time soon. Man, the tolerances make this thing snug. But, not to the point that there is any binding.

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Y'all think that date they have given us is set and done or y'all think we might get it wayyyy before ... Or worse they may end up delaying it again for another 3 months ☠☠☠

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Y'all think that date they have given us is set and done or y'all think we might get it wayyyy before ... Or worse they may end up delaying it again for another 3 months ☠☠☠
I think we will see our rigs sooner than the date they gave us.

section525

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Me too. If it’s anything like the way my company works, it’s under promise and over deliver.

Sometimes we get that mixed up tho!
Sponsored