First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
bruh I am hoping and praying this article means our broncos will finally return from war. this is what @Ford Motor Company should've been doing all along. they would be hundreds of millions of dollars richer if they would just ship the damn trucks already.
It’s hilarious people in that thread found something to complain about. There’s literally no downside to someone currently sitting on ice mountain right now.

Just write me the damn IOU for the module and cut me loose with my OBX!

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Opticnerve19

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti qx60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m sure we will need to sign some sort of contract/agreement by ford. Im sure many will refuse to sign anything. Another argument will brew between dealer and client.

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
bruh I am hoping and praying this article means our broncos will finally return from war. this is what @Ford Motor Company should've been doing all along. they would be hundreds of millions of dollars richer if they would just ship the damn trucks already.
You know your radio won't work right ? One year without a radio for a vehicle that cost significantly a lot more than your average car... I feel like if people accept this it will just tell Ford basically yeah we will do what you say keep doing what you're doing. It's a lie. They have chips. They been have chips. For crying out loud build week 3/7 got a lot of shipments to their dealers and build week 1/31 is basically done 😐 @Ford Motor Company please listen to us. You have chips . If y'all didn't then build weeks months being us wouldn't be picking up their broncos at the dealer. Get your head out your ass and send us ours .

Sponsored

Opticnerve19

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti qx60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know your radio won't work right ? One year without a radio for a vehicle that cost significantly a lot more than your average car... I feel like if people accept this it will just tell Ford basically yeah we will do what you say keep doing what you're doing. It's a lie. They have chips. They been have chips. For crying out loud build week 3/7 got a lot of shipments to their dealers and build week 1/31 is basically done 😐 @Ford Motor Company please listen to us. You have chips . If y'all didn't then build weeks months being us wouldn't be picking up their broncos at the dealer. Get your head out your ass and send us ours .
Amen to that

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m sure we will need to sign some sort of contract/agreement by ford. Im sure many will refuse to sign anything. Another argument will brew between dealer and client.
Theres a ton of precedent already for something like this. GM has been doing it for a while to avoid a dirt/ice mountain situation.

Considering Ford had technicians doing the module install in the snow covered ice mountain parking lot, I can’t imagine it’d be too complicated to tack onto an oil change down the road at my dealer. I’m sure it’s as simple as having your VIN flagged with the right info.

I think this is also an admission by Ford that they won’t have the excess chips or manpower for a long long time. Would you rather go another 6 months without a heated steering wheel or without a Bronco? Ship me the damn thing so I can at least wash it and regularly start the engine.

Another reason I’m optimistic about this plan happening quickly is that there’s a huge financial incentive for both Ford and our dealers. My dealer is fantastic yet hasn’t made a penny off of me, and is for sure in need of inventory to sell.

When I took delivery of my 2018 Tiguan, VW did something similar yet for a different reason. Some ambient lighting feature was recalled while my vehicle was in transit. Instead of waiting for the fix, I was just credited $500 and took delivery as-is. I could see myself taking a credit for zone lighting on the bronco but coming back for something else like heated seats.

rms333

Outer Banks
First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not weird at all. Your fear is very real and warranted. My wife and I were shopping for a little 2 Door convertible when we found that the local Audi dealer had an Audi TT. Turns out the owners wife was driving it around town and it wouldn't be back in the dealership for a few more weeks; basically, whenever she was done with it. So we left. We said don't bother; we didn't want to buy a used car. A few months later the dealer calls and says they just got a delivery of a brand new Audi TT- it was in the color and trim that I wanted. I couldn't believe it. So I asked him to hold it, I called the wife, I left work early, and drove the hour-away to the dealer, and checked out the car.

It was beautiful and everything I was looking for. We were stoked to get in and take her for a spin. When i got with the salsemen that called me, I was horrified to learn that it was actually a customer ordered car. It was literally custom built and already sold - this mother f'r wanted me to take it for a spin to see if it was a car I wanted, just to see if I wanted to also put in an order. I was pissed. Who the hell uses a customer's custom ordered car for test drives?! Jesus... That's like f'n your best friends wife. There are rules in this world and that's just one of them.

To this day, I haven't been back. I've bought several bimmers just so I don't have to step foot in that shady freaking dealership.
WOW. That is so freaking messed up!! Shady ass dealerships…

Opticnerve19

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti qx60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Theres a ton of precedent already for something like this. GM has been doing it for a while to avoid a dirt/ice mountain situation.

Considering Ford had technicians doing the module install in the snow covered ice mountain parking lot, I can’t imagine it’d be too complicated to tack onto an oil change down the road at my dealer. I’m sure it’s as simple as having your VIN flagged with the right info.

I think this is also an admission by Ford that they won’t have the excess chips or manpower for a long long time. Would you rather go another 6 months without a heated steering wheel or without a Bronco? Ship me the damn thing so I can at least wash it and regularly start the engine.

Another reason I’m optimistic about this plan happening quickly is that there’s a huge financial incentive for both Ford and our dealers. My dealer is fantastic yet hasn’t made a penny off of me, and is for sure in need of inventory to sell.

When I took delivery of my 2018 Tiguan, VW did something similar yet for a different reason. Some ambient lighting feature was recalled while my vehicle was in transit. Instead of waiting for the fix, I was just credited $500 and took delivery as-is. I could see myself taking a credit for zone lighting on the bronco but coming back for something else like heated seats.
Totally. I’m all for getting my bronco asap and having the chips installed when available. I just think many may
Not be ok w this.

markpilip

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did the same. No response yet, I'm assuming the twitter crew doesn't work weekends at Ford Motor Company.
Interns working over the weekend? You made me spit out my tea.

They’ve got avocado toast to eat over the weekend, dontcha know.

Sponsored

markpilip

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In other news…

in case you are still looking for parts to stack up for our eventual Bronco arrivals, I installed the door pockets and the IAG rear soft top lift kits today.

Two more installs that took longer to get tools out for and then put away than the actual install.

2D2489F6-5224-4DC6-84F6-67ED8C35FA53.jpeg

909CDDB6-917E-4159-A1E3-582AFD994BA1.jpeg

C9C195A8-A02F-4E0E-92A3-C94E11C40202.jpeg

32F217FE-4EAC-408F-BF5B-405AD3F7440F.jpeg

3B0DA154-02EF-42D1-81AC-CD4BE6FA500A.jpeg
I love those. The lifts are sitting on my pile of stuff, patiently waiting my Ice Mountain arrival.

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I feel like Ford sending your bronco without some modules is basically them telling themselves haha we just got rid of one bronco out the lot and we don't even need to hurry with that one since they agree they will wait. I'm certain your bronco will get modules faster if they stay on the lot compared to your getting it from the dealer. But if 50% of y'all accept to get it incomplete than the other 50% that stay in the lot just increased their chances of getting a chip 🤣

mamamoose

Big Bend
First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Taurus, 2019 Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm honestly wondering what is holding mine back. I didn't get heated seats or steering wheel. I even took off the led signature lights.