Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 and 2020 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone see this?
Popular Ford Bronco Will Lose One of the Most Coveted Features Starting Next Month

Instead of waiting for the missing chips to arrive, Ford decided to still deliver the vehicles to customers, even without some non-safety-related but critical features. People cheered at the idea, although they wondered what non-safety critical features would be dropped. Most hopped for the start&stop system to be scrapped, but it turns out Ford decided differently.

According to Ford Authority, Ford will deliver the Bronco without the factory navigation system starting next month. This is a popular optional feature currently available on Big Bend, Black Diamond, and Badlands trims as part of the Mid Package (222A equipment group). It also comes standard on the Badlands trims equipped with the High (333A) or Lux Package (334A), as well as on the Outer Banks and Wildtrak trims.

gazrb

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Sentra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah at risk of re-igniting the 2dr v. 4dr discussion - it's not even up for debate Ford redesigned the Gen6 Bronco from the ground up with the 4dr in mind. They knew this configuration would represent 80%+ of their sales so it'd be insane not to start there.

I think they only kept 2dr and manual transmission as options just to keep parity with Jeep and silence the barking from the purist crowd.

2dr is cool don't get me wrong, but the Miata comparison is spot on. Great for empty nesters, single guys (or gals), or a weekend cruisers.
YOU JUST REIGNITED THE 2DR VS 4DR DISCUSSION MY GUY

As someone with a 2 dr manual on order, I'll have you know that it has a tenth of an inch better ground clearance and an inch more breakover than the 4 door!! I can still throw a car seat in the back if I really put my mind to it ;)

It's also way cooler than a miata, come on. that thing doesnt even have a back seat!!

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
YOU JUST REIGNITED THE 2DR VS 4DR DISCUSSION MY GUY

As someone with a 2 dr manual on order, I'll have you know that it has a tenth of an inch better ground clearance and an inch more breakover than the 4 door!! I can still throw a car seat in the back if I really put my mind to it ;)

It's also way cooler than a miata, come on. that thing doesnt even have a back seat!!
LOL people are definitely passionate about doors, there's also some good tension between BL and WT guys too. I think we can all agree the best Bronco is the one in your driveway.

Just had to stir the pot in 1/17 a bit :)

ThugBunnyExpress

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lambofeeties
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah well. How bout no doors?

Huh. Can't post my gif?

OldRanch

Wildtrak
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LRNASD90, FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bit of a rant....

@Ford Motor Company
Our current estimate for delivery to $#%@!^*& Ford is bet‍ween April 13, 2022 an‍d April 19, 2022.

@Ford Motor Company,90 days ago I might have fallen for your thirst trap email leading me on that my Bronco was built and would arrive mid April. But you've been gaslighting me for so long that I knew it was pure propaganda, fake news. My Bronco has not shipped. It's still in Michigan. I'm +2200 miles from the plant. It's not arriving between 4/13-4/19. It might not even arrive by the end of April or by the end of 2022... maybe it's not even built.

joja_peach

Outer Banks
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Maxima
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1/19 as well...our week must be the base of ice mountain...still thawing
My last conversation with my dealer last week included my asking why they had 2 full-sized Broncos in transit with March blend dates while my 1/19 blend date is still sitting on Ice/Dirt/whatever mountain. After a long pause, his response was, “How… why do you know that??” (I got that response with quite a few of my questions that day, thanks to reading conversations in this group!!) Needless to say, I don’t think he and I are friends anymore. His only response to me now is that I’m on chip hold and my EDD is May 11-17. 🤷‍♀️

Sponsored

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got my picture today as well……

Ford Bronco 🛠 1/17/2022 Build week group 12BD9556-DA9D-4377-AC86-A9579F6C4383
Nice! Man that looks like my OBX in Area 51 with Mod Bumper behind yours! Please, Lord, send me a baby picture today! 🙏

Spidurfiji

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone see this?
Popular Ford Bronco Will Lose One of the Most Coveted Features Starting Next Month

Instead of waiting for the missing chips to arrive, Ford decided to still deliver the vehicles to customers, even without some non-safety-related but critical features. People cheered at the idea, although they wondered what non-safety critical features would be dropped. Most hopped for the start&stop system to be scrapped, but it turns out Ford decided differently.

According to Ford Authority, Ford will deliver the Bronco without the factory navigation system starting next month. This is a popular optional feature currently available on Big Bend, Black Diamond, and Badlands trims as part of the Mid Package (222A equipment group). It also comes standard on the Badlands trims equipped with the High (333A) or Lux Package (334A), as well as on the Outer Banks and Wildtrak trims.
My boss’s father has a Badlands on order and he was told font expect delivery until December with no NAV?! Wtf

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The 4-door was made to make Ford money. The 2-door was made to make Ford cool.
I agree with you, but couldn't resist a Dude quote. If I didn't have kids a 2Dr would probably been in my stable instead.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My last conversation with my dealer last week included my asking why they had 2 full-sized Broncos in transit with March blend dates while my 1/19 blend date is still sitting on Ice/Dirt/whatever mountain. After a long pause, his response was, “How… why do you know that??” (I got that response with quite a few of my questions that day, thanks to reading conversations in this group!!) Needless to say, I don’t think he and I are friends anymore. His only response to me now is that I’m on chip hold and my EDD is May 11-17. 🤷‍♀️
i'm glad you did that- it's hard enough to be on ice mountain but the outright lies are just something that none of us can stomach anymore. they have no answers but at least we don't have to be BS'ed by them- oh well back to waiting

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My boss’s father has a Badlands on order and he was told font expect delivery until December with no NAV?! Wtf
Correct. Navigation will be provided at a later day for no additional charge when more chips have become available and modules are produced.
Sponsored