CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
so it's another ENTIRE WEEK with not a single build!! just more indication that this isn't ending any time soon. Hoping i'm part of the end of June push!
Sponsored

Wildtrak2020

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So my salesman just texted me that my Bronco has shipped and is en-route.

None of the trackers are showing shipped yet, so I'm not getting my hopes up. He said they'll turn it around ASAP.

Fingers crossed this odyssey is almost over...

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Enough with the ugly…wanted to share a good experience I had today. Trying to brighten the mood and take our minds of the shitshow.

It just seemed appropriate to happen today. Today, the day I drop into double digits until I step off the fire engine one last time.
I was getting a haircut and had just gotten out of the chair and walked up to the register to pay when a guy pushed a phone in front of me and asked if the picture on the screen was me. Took me half a second to realize, yes, it was me. The guy was a bit emotional and I was feeling a smidge awkward at first. He then goes on to fill in the blanks… I delivered his baby girl in the foyer of his house. He was out of town for a family emergency when his wife called 911 with a broken bag of water, a son, and a grandmother all panicked as she felt the uncontrollable urge to push. We arrive, we go to work, yup, this is happening here and now! A beautiful and uneventful birth. This is where it got good. Grandma and son were in the back bedroom, to protect the young boy from this event. We were about to cut the cord and I yelled for my crew to stop, NOW! I yell for grandma, who comes out, well, panicked! I call her to my side, she kneels beside me and mom. I tell mom that this may not have been the plan but, let’s make it a good day and a memory for life beyond the circumstance we were all in. I gave grandma the scalpel, got mom’s permission, and grandma cut the cord.
I had never met this man. He was over four hours away at the time. He knew me without any doubt. He refused to let me pay for my haircut and then showed me several pictures of his beautiful girl and how she looks today, some five or six years later.
This job comes with so much ugly, so much despair. To have this moment really meant so very much that we create such good out of bad situations. I love this career. I’m ready to open a new chapter but, I love this career. Hell, I met my beautiful bride through this job!!! But, that is a story for another day.
Amazing story. It's incredible how many lives changed that night and the fact 6 years ago can feel like yesterday.

We have a 3yr, 1.5yr, and one more on the way. Sometimes I try to make time stop to savor where the girls are in life; but man they keep growing faster and faster!

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it’s a nice theory but, reality says otherwise. The miners will have something to say and no one is spending enough effort on the infrastructure and, certainly, no one is talking about the tax coming to pay the coffers of your local DOT. It is not as if they are managing the roads currently but that money will come from somewhere. Registrations, vehicle property tax, or some other mechanism to keep the pockets lined.
Controlled Thermal Resources and Bershire Hathaway are both working on lithum extraction in SoCal. CTR which looks to essentially be a startup has raised 1 billion including a deal with GM... The spending is going to start snowballing. The projects keep popping up in my news feeds.

Sponsored

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Welcome to another weekend 1/17'ers! No status change today, so I guess my delivery date will be May 9th.

Hahahahahahaha.

In other news, I still haven't been able to get @mrlevine to block me on Twitter yet. He's not even paying attention to, or communicating with, @fordmotorcompany customers.

At least I have a mission for this weekend, as I won't be driving my Bronco.

Mitts583

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So my salesman just texted me that my Bronco has shipped and is en-route.

None of the trackers are showing shipped yet, so I'm not getting my hopes up. He said they'll turn it around ASAP.

Fingers crossed this odyssey is almost over...
What is a salesman who proactively reaches out? I call mine and get an audible *sigh* when I ask for an update on my chip hold.

Congratulations on being shipped 🍻!!

Sponsored

JennaLynn02

Outer Banks
First Name
Jenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
but on a serious note… once we all get our broncos (so sometime after july…hopefully) where could we all meet up??? i think it’d be so cool to meet up with y’all who are truly the only people who understand/feel the same way i’ve felt during this process. plus i wanna see what everyone has done to their broncos by then!
ideas???

lancobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 IH Scout II, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

but on a serious note… once we all get our broncos (so sometime after july…hopefully) where could we all meet up??? i think it’d be so cool to meet up with y’all who are truly the only people who understand/feel the same way i’ve felt during this process. plus i wanna see what everyone has done to their broncos by then!
ideas???
Maybe in Dearborn with fire Mike Levine and Jim Farley banners?

lancobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 IH Scout II, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, this is why I never get a response on Twitter. Their social media director is a crazy cat lady.

Ford Bronco 🛠 1/17/2022 Build week group Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 9.04.01 AM

section525

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I woke up to the backdoor tracker moving my EDD back two more days. Shocker!

But, I hop over to the Order track app and it now shows delivered as the status.

Who knows…better yet, who frigging cares at this point? I’m off to work for three days.
Sponsored